Nationwide

moxie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Moxie, that sounds fair enough. Only go at the pace at which you feel comfortable. Go steadily. Stick to your deadlines and give no ground. you'll get your money back

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Third letter now winging its way to Nationwide, thanking them for the refund received but saying my claim is for the full £850. I have given them 14 days to respond.

Planning to go to the demo at lunchtime so see you there!

£949.54 reclaimed from Nationwide June 06

Got my f*** off letter today from Nationwide - different person this time, a Sue Haggett, member relations manager. She says they are 'grateful for the opportunity to explain the rationale behind our charging policy'. Then goes on about terms and conditions and 'as we feel our charges are levied in an appropriate and transparent manner' says they can't refund the charges incurred on my account (no mention that they already have refunded £120!). Will be filling in the court papers at the weekend.

Hi Dave

Yes I've just about thawed out! I would love to see copies of your claim and any other info, thanks a lot.

Moxie

Second letter received today, from a different person at nationwide HQ, this time from Sarah Watson, team manager, branch service centre. Essentially saying the same as the one received yesterday, charges fair and transparent etc etc. They do 'appreciate the feedback' I've given them and my comments have been logged onto the Member Service Site (whatever that is). But they are unable to refund any charges made on my account (although they already have, at least some of them!)

So? What next?

Oh it doesn't make any difference, will be filling out court papers this weekend. Just thought it was interesting to get 2 letter from 2 different people based in the same building, both of which were incorrect about not refunding charges, when they already have. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Ok just to update you, didn't fill in the small claims papers as I've had no money this month to pay. However, got notified today that Nationwide are taking another £90 out in charges in 28 days. This made me so mad, that I've written to them one last time giving them a deadline or I will take action immediately. And I will do it this time because I've just had a pay rise!

• 1 month later...

OK, bit of a hiccup due to having to pay for other things, but have now completed the on line Money Claim form, total requested £1030. Wish me luck!

OK, bit of a hiccup due to having to pay for other things, but have now completed the on line Money Claim form, total requested £1030. Wish me luck!
about bloody time!

• 2 weeks later...

OK everyone I have won all my charges back! Got a letter today, refunding £949.54, cancelled £80.46 which was pending, plus refunded my £120 small claim fee! No mention of closing my account, or that I shouldn't tell anyone.

I am very happy with this result, however I would have liked to go to court and won, which would have benefitted everyone, rather than just me.

Thanks so much to everyone on this site, I wouldn't have done it without you!

I will of course be making a donation, once my broadband connection has been fixed (I'm using a friend's pc at present).

I was in Brighton last week at my union conference. There was a motion on my union setting up a credit union. I managed to get called into the debate, in support, and managed to plug the BAG at least twice!

Good luck to everyone who is fighting their banks.

congratulations, me and jools next i hope! why oh why do they make you claim in court? theyre wasting thousands of pounds giving back court fees, they may as well settle at lba! thats what i said in an email to charlie bacon surprise surprise no reply! nor to my lba, ah well off to court i go:-|

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Hi all , am just about to post my 1st letter to the nationwide a*sehole bank tommorrow demanding the money they have charged me over the last couple of years also

the website has been most helpful in everyway , keep up the good work :)

I need some advice please. Although the letter from NWide said they were refunding the £120 court fee, they haven't actually done that yet. How long should I give them? Also received an Acknowledgment of Service from the Court today, which says NWide itend to defend all of the claim. This was dated 9 June. The money went into my account on 8 June. I'm confused!!

ring nationwide ask for court fees back

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1892 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks