60 yr old Auntie needs your help with welcome finance

eoghan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This any better?

Dear Sirs,

I see from the paperwork provided on DATE that you have improperly executed the CCA in relation to account XXXXXXX and as this CCA is no longer enforceable under current legislation, I respectfully request that you close this account, release the charge upon the property known as xxxxxxxxxx.

Furthermore, may I draw your attention to the following:

WILSON V FIRST COUNTY TRUST 2001 3 A11 ER 229

This high court judgement stipulates that any document or acceptance fee added to the amount of credit before calculating interest is unlawful. This stipulates that the amount of credit is then misstated, the agreement is unexecuted as it does not contain all of the prescribed terms.

As per Financial Ombudsman guidance you have 8 weeks within which to respond to my complaint.

If you do not respond accepting these terms I will have to issue a claim through the county courtlink3.gif for the closure of the account, the release of the charge on the property known as xxxxxx, damages and summary costs.

Yours Sincerely

Erm

what is the source of your information that Wilson was in the High Court?

from the House of Lords judgment

Mrs Wilson's response was to commence proceedings in the Kingston upon Thames County Court.

She lost, and appealed to the Court of Appeal, there were two hearings in the COA and then the case went to the Lords

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so what's the upshot here? Did wilson ever win?

Is the CCA enforcable or not, because that is what is ultimately the question here...

Thanks.

yes, Penelope Wilson did succeed, the wiki article is incorrect evidently from the Lords own Judgment

As for the agreement here? that is a question of fact for the Court to decide on the evidence and the Defence raised by the Defendant in the course of proceedings. people on these forums quite often and incorrectly say that this is unenforceable, it is for the Court to decide r eally, so i cannot answer im afraid.

yes, Penelope Wilson did succeed, the wiki article is incorrect evidently from the Lords own Judgment

As for the agreement here? that is a question of fact for the Court to decide on the evidence and the Defence raised by the Defendant in the course of proceedings. people on these forums quite often and incorrectly say that this is unenforceable, it is for the Court to decide r eally, so i cannot answer im afraid.

Thanks. I shall press ahead then and see what WF come back with. I understand that it's not the forum users that dictate the outcome and that if it comes to it, it will probably be court, but at least, there is precedent and hopefully this could work in my aunts favour.

Thanks for the feedback.

Thanks. I shall press ahead then and see what WF come back with. I understand that it's not the forum users that dictate the outcome and that if it comes to it, it will probably be court, but at least, there is precedent and hopefully this could work in my aunts favour.

Thanks for the feedback.

so the matter is not currently in court?

• 1 month later...

Ok. Updated. Welcome have come back with nothing and simply stated that if the debt is not paid within 14 days it's going to court.

So I have just done the fos pack and will get that posted today, I'll send another letter to welcome advising that the acc is still in dispute and is therefore unactionable until adjudication has been made.

Fingers crossed.

well done

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

Had a big update fronm WF, here's the copy pdf attached. I've written to the ombudsman outlining my complaint. In the meantime WF have somehow managed to get the phone number of my sisters phone number to try and locate my Aunt who I am acting for... surely that can't be legal can it?

I've also informed WF that as the account is still in dispute and has not been adjudicated upon it cannot continue its collection activities, in the attached it says it still can...

Anyways, have a look at the attached and any feedback very much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Eoghan

welcome_25th_feb.pdf

welcome_25th_feb_pt3.pdf

welcome_25th_feb_pt2.pdf

• 1 month later...

Subscribed

Any updates?

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!

Nothing yet, the only reply she got was from the fos stating they had received her complaint and it is in process.

Just a waiting game now. I'm rooting for you.

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!