Ex Comet Employee

hitemup
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was thinking more about the statutory guarantee rights under the Sale of Goods Act. Under the Act, those rights are between the consumer and the retailer.

If Comet does folds (and notably, OpCapita is only planning to keep Comet afloat for 12 months or so) then there would be no retailer to whom the buyer could turn.

The manufacturer of the electrical goods is under no legal obligation to repair or replace faulty equipment.

Lots of consumers discovered that the hard way, when they bought goods in the fire sales of Focus DIY and Woolworth stock.

It may be worth pricing in the guarantee issue when buying electrical appliances from Comet.

Paradoxically, buying an extended warranty insurance policy underwritten by a third party could be a prudent option. Of course that needn't be the insurance policy sold by OpCapita / Comet.

Edited by edwincluck

I was thinking more about the statutory guarantee rights under the Sale of Goods Act. Under the Act, those rights are between the consumer and the retailer.

If Comet does folds (and notably, OpCapita is only planning to keep Comet afloat for 12 months or so) then there would be no retailer to whom the buyer could turn.

The manufacturer of the electrical goods is under no legal obligation to repair or replace faulty equipment.

Lots of consumers discovered that the hard way, when they bought goods in the fire sales of Focus DIY and Woolworth stock.

It may be worth pricing in the guarantee issue when buying electrical appliances from Comet.

Paradoxically, buying an extended warranty insurance policy underwritten by a third party could be a prudent option. Of course that needn't be the insurance policy sold by OpCapita / Comet.

The best answer is probably NOT to buy any Electrical Appliances from COMET.

Regards

GorgieBoy

• 3 months later...

As a very long term employee of Comet (Decades) I saw many changes over the years. The most significant was the gradual trend of reducing staff at all levels who had grown up and been promoted within the company. They were replaced by people who where little more than accountants only interested in profit. Profit was king.

I saw many occassions when people were just jockying for position at the expense of colleagues.

I kinda feel sad that this long standing company is gradually dissappearing, and i feel sad for the many people who are ultimately going to be outa work, but I take great pleasure in knowing that this will also include the management team who lost sight of everything thats important in a business... THE PEOPLE WHO WORK THERE and GENUINE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Im so glad to not be there anymore.