CAS/equidebt/Cabot etc - old RBS credit cars almost SB Scotland too

davehsug
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3278 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Brigadier. The debt is definitely SB. Equidebt confirmed they would be closing the account. I expected some low-life to come crawling again eventually, but I was just surprised that Cabot wouldn't know when taking over Equidebt's portfolio.

Would you like a letter, that can also be copied to OFT/FCA to blow Crapbot out of the water????

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I'd be grateful. I just want to find the letter from Equidebt, so that I can confirm exactly what was said at the time, I just can't put my hand on it at the mo, having had a bit of a "sort -out", to put everything in order, you know what happens:roll:.

Thanks Brigadier. I've just re-read the letter from Cabot & I never noticed, but it says "if you wish to make a payment etc etc". Doesn't sound like the normal stuff. Might this imply that they know it's SB & they're just trying it on, knowing they can't demand payment?

• 1 year later...

I have received a letter from Cabot, regarding an account which was formerly held by Equidebt.

I finished paying this at the end of last year and have a letter confirming it was ppaid.

This new letter says there is an overpayment on the account and they intend to apply it to another account.

I have no other account with Cabot but there was one with Equidebt, this was statute barred however and they did not contest it.

I am very concerned that if there is any overpayment they will make the statue barred account "live" again .

Can anyone offer any advice as to my best course of action?

Ignore them, once a debt is SB nothing can unbar it, let them play their silly games, if it makes them feel better.

It will make absolutely no difference to you.

And if they pipe up in the future, or they sell this lemon debt to another DCA then you will have grounds for a serious complaint

against them and the new owner.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you. I'm pretty sure now that the debt can not be made live again, even if they apply this alleged overpayment, am I correct in this?

I had considered emailing them, (I would never phone of course), asking for details but I guess I'd probably be better to ignore them completely.

Ring them, ask what account they are referring to... But remember too..

Record The Call!!!

Tell them its Statute Barred and that you want the overpayment back! I would and if they refuse. Complain.

How much is it?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I would write giving them 14 days to repay you, I would mark the letter 'Letter before Action'

If no money is returned, I would issue court papers on the 15th day.

Or do this... LBA sounds like the way, still get info on the account though...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for your replies.

It doesn't mention an amount. I would write, but I am just concerned about re-activating the account. Even if it is not the one I am assuming, any other & there is only 1 other potential account beside that, would be statute barred anyway.

Thanks for your replies.

It doesn't mention an amount. I would write, but I am just concerned about re-activating the account. Even if it is not the one I am assuming, any other & there is only 1 other potential account beside that, would be statute barred anyway.

It matters nothing. You will be sueing for the return of monies paid, not any silly account they want to mention.

Get the letter sent.