Citi Cards being obstructive with SAR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I only accept hay.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get your coat.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

Taxi’s outside. Maybe that’s a starship.

Or for the benefit of Darth 'Debt Star' Thread In-Vader.

Hmmmmm, horseplay you must not with DonkeyB, or be an Ass in-Vader!

Edited by Master Chief

The villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

That is gross! Never touched her, your honour!

Donkey always gives "stable" advice young padawan. Either you want her advice "ee-aw" you don't :) :) :)

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I received my SAR back from the DCA (interstingly before the CCA request deadline, which was sent at the same time).

I'm very dissapointed with what I got back, no executed agreement, or other docs I had specified.

But, there is strong evidence to suggest that some of the information has been manipulated to suit!

Would one of you (or some of you) knowledgeable Caggers care to take a look and let me know what you think, please?

I attach two zip files, which contain PDF's of what I received back from the DCA (one is explanatory notes). As I'm not to keen on posting up for ALL to see, the zip files require a password to open. PM me for the password.

Or just reply with 'password please' or 'gimme the chuffin password' and I'll PM it to you.

Thanks in advance.

MC

[ATTACH]23187[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23186[/ATTACH]

Edited by Master Chief

The villany you teach me, I will execute, and it shall go hard but I will better the instruction.

Before you allow anyone to see the files, have you made sure ALL your identifiable info has been obscured?

If this post is related to a thread you already have with the un-named DCA, it may be better to have this post within that thread

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Yes, I have removed all info.

And yes it i related to previous thread, but thought a new post would be better. If you disagree, perhaps a kind mod could move it to the correct thread.

ty,

MC

EDIT:

*Posts Now Merged With Relevant Thread*

Edited by Master Chief

Threads merged as requested

Any typos spelling mistakes are due to leprechauns in my keyboard they move the letters around sometimes (amended just for Bookie)

"How do I...?" A Dummies' Guide to this Forum

FAQ

Forum rules

Cag toolbar

Please Donate if you can - help CAG help others

I offer help and advice in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience. I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and site team who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.I do not give advice via P.M's. If anyone can correct my mistakes or improve on my advice, please do.

Interesting to see what the Citi SAR throws up, I think that you need both. A DCA will not necesarily have a credit agreement or default notice as it is the most annoying thing that they are chasing debts without the necessary paperwork or knowing if this exists.

I assume that the letter of introduction is being classed as the Notice of Assignment - you could do with posting that up.

You need Citi to confirm exactly when this was sold.

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Interesting to see what the Citi SAR throws up, I think that you need both. A DCA will not necesarily have a credit agreement or default notice as it is the most annoying thing that they are chasing debts without the necessary paperwork or knowing if this exists.

I assume that the letter of introduction is being classed as the Notice of Assignment - you could do with posting that up.

You need Citi to confirm exactly when this was sold.

Thanks CD, yes I agree. The point of sending both a CCA & SAR to DCA was that if the original signed executed agreement was not forthcoming with the CCA, the SAR should root it out, if it exists.

SAR is with OC and awaiting its return with bated breath.

What about the lack of telephone related information, is what they say correct?

The DCA's letter of introduction was dated 23/5/03, followed by CIti NoA 05/06/03. However, DCA had clearly been processing my data with CRA's some 8/9 months earlier. If you look at the log excerpts, it begins 05/06/2003, which is clearly incorrect. It makes no reference to letter of introductioon (DCA NoA). There were telephone calls and letters preceeding 05/06/2003, although these are mentioned, they are logged on incorrect dates and not in the order that they happened. Which I can prove!

If you look at the timing of the initial eight entries, they all are the at same time (different dates), when you consider the inacuracies with these entries it looks like these were created/editied to match their version of events!

So in effect, not only have they unlawfully processed my data, but it would appear that they have tried to cover it up!

Not so happy to post up correspondence so that it is 'freely available'. I could probably do with some advice as to whether doing so could have a negative consequences. If it doesn't matter, then I'd be happy to post up everything fully, minus personal info of course!

Advice please.

MC

Edited by Master Chief
typos

The telephone info is an interesting one and I would certainly have a word with ICO about that to confirm if that is their view of things.

There is plenty of 'personal information' (anonymous of course) posted on here and it does enable people to offer advice to you and is informative to others.

At your Service

The telephone info is an interesting one and I would certainly have a word with ICO about that to confirm if that is their view of things.

There is plenty of 'personal information' (anonymous of course) posted on here and it does enable people to offer advice to you and is informative to others.

I absolutely agree. I could really do with some clarity on this as I'm getting a bit bogged down and finding it difficult to see the wood for the trees.

However, depending on what the ICO says, I may well consider a court action against DCA and I'm not sure whether posting information freely would in some way jeopardise that. Bit of a quandary really, so could do with some guidance on this from those that know or have experience of.

I am blatantly aware that my 'cloak and dagger' approach is limiting the responses that I'm getting and I could well be missing other opportunities in doing so.

I'll take advice on this, if I could ask for a few comments from people please?

MC

All depends where you are going with this but there are lots of people with similar problems and worse.

At your Service

I have a current complaint with a CRA because of similar problems as yours and am awaiting the responses from their 'clients' (buddies)! and ICO.

Thanks HS. Have you felt comfortable with posting docs in connection with your complaint?

MC

Just spent more than 12 hours solid preparing and sanitising the attached docs. The file names should be fairly explanatory.

Although I have tried to remove identifiable information and re-format (without changing meaning etc.), I think the originator(s) would clearly recognise their own work. If that's the case then so be it!

There is a lot there to look through, so my apologies in advance.

I have commented within the docs, where appropriate, if I could get some comments please

[ATTACH]23215[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23214[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23211[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23213[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23212[/ATTACH]