should i be suspicious!!! - welcome finance

gullible1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4864 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Today i have received a letter completely out of the blue from cattles (brideshead team) saying that i made acomplaint some time ago about PPI and as part of their normal quality control process they have reviewed the outcome and see i had ppi attached to other loans i had with them but did not complain about. They then went on to say if i would like them to reconsider my complaint taking into acount other ppi policies i had sign the enclosed form and send back to them and they reinvestigate.

My question is, why would they offer to look into this for me if it could mean they owe me more money back? Should i be suspicious as my experience with welcome is they do nothing for you unless it benefits them!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated and as anyone else received this letter.

Thanks, gullible1

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

allmost all the micky mouse insurance products from welcome finance are unlawfull and missold

even better the earlier agreements

cattles are cleaning house at the moment before its laid to rest six foot under

there is prob some clause about any future litagation from debtors in any sale agreement

go for it

me thinks you are in for a windfall but do nothing until you ask for advice on your thread

Hi Gullible 1,

I got the exact same letter and had exactly the same thoughts as you. To be honest at the time I was offered a settlement figure for my PPI I thought it was a little lower than I had hoped but as I was desperate for the funds I accepted.

I am wary that if I reply accepting that they look into my case again can they overturn the decision? Or if they haven't paid me back enough will they write to me and tell me that is the case?

Seems strange to me...the reply envelope provided has in BIG letters 'THE PROJECT' above the address for Welcome, maybe that links in with what Post was saying above...

Or it could be you have a dodgy agreement and they might want you to sign another one thats watertight

Dw.....that is one of my other worries and what i was thinking earlier today, i dont know what to do, i was thinking if i print my name rather than sign on the form they want me to return. It would be a bonus to get something from them but somehow think it is more a ploy to get me into something else!!

allmost all the micky mouse insurance products from welcome finance are unlawfull and missold

even better the earlier agreements

cattles are cleaning house at the moment before its laid to rest six foot under

there is prob some clause about any future litagation from debtors in any sale agreement

go for it

me thinks you are in for a windfall but do nothing until you ask for advice on your thread

Post...thanks for your reply. So do you think i should just send back form, print my name not sign and wait to see what they do next?

my live signature#

Thanks post for your help and advice. Forgive my ignorance but with regards to the digital sig would i sign the form welcome sent me then upload that onto digital sig? I am not very good when it comes to technical things!!

I got one too - which I am more than surprise about as they did not "uphold my complaint" I took them to court!

I am also Welcome Finance free after getting all mention of them wiped off my credit report and they agreed in writing to go away and leave me alone.

So this is very out of the blue.

Knowing that they cannot use anything against me I signed the form - I say signed I printed my name as I always did with WF - and sent it back to their "Project head quarters"

I can only see a "Project" as being the work of advice from an external agency - probably due to their dire figures in the way of not dealing with complaints properly as published by FOS

I've had this letter twice now. I received both PPI and a life assurance policy (which was never even properly set up!!) refund earlier this year and like KOP80, I was worried that they'd change their mind if I filled out this questionnaire and say that they'd got it all wrong.

I've emailed them about the letter, let's see what they say :rolleyes:

I don't think they can change their minds - and in my case they definiately can't as mine was in court. I think this is what's called DUE DILIGENCE - so they can say they are now investigating properly. All part of a better Welcome Finance :roll:

Well I have sent mine off, lets wait and see who gets a reply first, and more importantly just WHAT exactly welcome will have to say!

I know it will be very interesting to see what happens and what they say. Mine is in the post to them, will let u know when i hear back

I got one of these letters too but mine makes an immediate offer of £100 cash by BACS and £3200 to be paid to arrears on an existing account which is currently disputed. Should I write back asking that they give me the full amount by cheque. I am not happy giving my bank details and signature to Welcome

I got one of these letters too but mine makes an immediate offer of £100 cash by BACS and £3200 to be paid to arrears on an existing account which is currently disputed. Should I write back asking that they give me the full amount by cheque. I am not happy giving my bank details and signature to Welcome

Why is the account in dispute?

Dont forget also a lot of that £3,200 will be in charges added to the account - and so you can claim those also.

• 2 weeks later...

well i called The Project the other day and they had received my reply to their letter, i asked what happens now and they said they would respond within 28 days.

Has anyone else heard back from them since sending back their form. Still find it all strange why they are now bothering to get in touch and give us back our money they took in the first place (possibly giving it back anyway!)

• 2 weeks later...

I've had no reply to the email I sent Welcome. But yesterday I did receive another letter from them - minus the forms and returning envelope this time(even though the letter stated they were enclosed) and there was no reply by date either - they gave me two weeks in the last letter and then they'd close the case. This one was also signed by a different person.

I think I'll send them a letter and see what happens. My partner thinks that something was missed when I originally complained and they've realised this cos that's three letters I've had now.