A+L Loan Please help!!!

misscher33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4938 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a loan in 2008 for £12,000 with A+L. Unfortunately I am having financial difficulties and I missed a lot of payments. They offered 3 months at £150 and then they wanted me to resume payments back to the original £312. Now I have been issued with a default notice telling me I must pay £2000 within 14 days. I am so worried, I can't sleep or eat. I offered to pay £200 per month but I was told that that would not be sufficient and that the loan would be transferred for legal proceedings. My main fear is will this go to court? Or will it be passed to a debt collection agency? I am worried that they may try to put a charge on my house. My house in half owned by me as I purchased it via shared ownership, can they do this? Please can someone help?

• 3 weeks later...

See a decent Solicitor.

A & L have the nasty habit of making it appear that they have sent you a letter from a solicitor. If you look at the letter it is not a real signature, so is therefore unlawful.

A solicitor will be able to represent you, not only in court but also in dealing with these muppets.

If they do refer it to a debt collection agency, you can talk to them and propose a repayment to them, if they refuse, put it in writing and send it. Documentary evidence is everything if it ever came to court action, so keep a file with all communications in it, one of the reason why a solicitor is useful.