QQ/Mackenzie hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4921 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Not posted for a while. Just to let you know that I defaulted with QQ in Feb 2010 it's with Mackenzie Hall and they have been threatening me for a number of months refusing to accept my payments even though all my other creditors have - I issued a final letter to them saying that basically I was making all reasonable effort to settle the debt and they were unwilling to co-operate so therefore if they were to issue proeedings on me (as they were threatening in every letter which is typed in red and sent in those stupid brown envelopes marked URGENT on) I would be forced to bring to the judges attention the fact that a) I Have made reasonable offers to settle (within my circumtsances) which have been refused and b) I will also be considering issuing a counterclaim against them/QQ for all the interest I have paid during my borrowing periods plus a further claim for all the stress and anxiety they have caused me. I also pointed out the fact that if the numpties at Quick Quid had actually accepted my intial offer back in Feb then the debt would be nearly all clear by now. I have received an email back from their "litigation manager" saying as a gesture of goodwill they will accept my offer of payment for 6 months subject to then be reviewed and giving me their bank details so I can set up a standing order to their account which I have done.

It takes time but the main thing is don't let them use their scaremonger tactics....I honestly don't know how some of them there sleep at night. I only actually had 2 telephone conversations with their offices but they were so unpleasent I do not wish for a repeat ever.

As with sillygirl I have read lots about them been reported to trading standards in Ayrshire and been investigated so lets hope so, I think I will probably also document my dealings with them to the Trading Standards in writing that way it's towards another black mark.

Good luck everyone and stay strong. :)

Good stuff Little lady - If you stay strong and stand up to them they have very little hold over you - unless they fancy court and most of these companies don't. Yet to see QQ end up in court or Muckhall on behalf of them. As for Cornetgirl, Gothia is a result and easily dealt with. After a while they will pepper you with discounted offers.