Log Book Loans Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

First post here. I have read through this site and i am a little confused and over whelmed by it all.

In oct last year we took out a "secured" loan through these people for the sum of £2500 which ended up at £2923 by the time they added the first months payment. We were paying just over £400 per month without any problems and no default letters etc. The agreement for the loan was signed in the car park of a local Iceland which i have now seen on the agreement has been classed as "Trade Premises". In March this year they asked if we would like a top up on the loan of £1000. At the time we thought this was a good idea. I got told to meet the reperesentative in a nearby lay by where he showed me the paperwork told me there was nothing to pay for 5 weeks and then off he went. I was told this paperwork would be sent to me, yet to recieve.

In May after recieving two letters saying we owed money, which we immediatly brought up to date we had baliffs appear on the door stating they were there to collect the car. At the time i did not look at the paperwork properly but basically what they were waving under my nose was the court papers that LBL had put through court regestering there interest in the car.

The loan is due to expire in oct but we recieved a phone call from them 3 weeks ago stating that we had missed two payments and were in arrears of approx £800. i have worked out that in loan payments we have paid near on £4000. We have had nothing saying what and if we owe anything in charges.

Were do we go from here and what can we do. We are at a advantage at the moment as have recently moved house and are using our old address and redirection for any correspondance.

Post removed

CaLL Me On INTeRNeT CaLLS @ "NoBBY_ONLiNE":D

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

HI there we are in the lincolnshire area. We got in touch with LBL through a local paper advert. The first one we were told to go to the Cash Convertors in Lincoln to meet her. She was driving a Vauxhall Corsa and the "top up" they got in contact with us and he was driving an MGF.

Post removed

NB: Any advice given ?(if any) is given freely and without constraints,it and any information is based upon personal knowledge and personal experiences and/or views it should therefore only be regarded as advice and not a statement of the law, for that you should seek professional legal advice!.

Sorry yeah i can see how it is made it confusing. We were told to go to the local Cash Convertors where we were met by a lady she took us to the car park behind (iceland car park) the shop. Where she went to her car took out the forms and then we went across to where my car was. Everything was signed at my car in the car park. We merely met the lady in the Cash Convertors

Post removed

Thanks for the replies. We moved end of july and have had a 6 month redirection in place. No have not recieved the agreement from March yet and they had phoned me on my mobile. I have not given them the new house number and have no intention of giving them it. They say we owe them approx £800

Post removed

Post removed

Yes i am able to supply the redirection paperwork and also the LBL if required i will not be able to do it this evening as i will have to get a scanner to copy it for you. Please can you explain the precarious position with regards to the car and i have informed DVLA of the new address at which the car is kept.

Please could you also say what crimmanl offence could have been commited and is that by me or LBL

Post removed

Thanks for the advice i will try and take a picture of the redirection but i am sure i did just tick everything as you do. Is it worth me sending a letter to LBL telling them i have changed address, as i am about to write to them as the bigger of the two loans is due to endon the 27th October (the one they say we owe about £800 on) requesting outstanding amoutn and any charges.

Post removed

Post removed

Hi Meggyweggy

Just found your thread. Sorry you got involved with this crew - I did also, can't believe I was so stupid but there we are needs must and all that.

Just be careful what information you are providing and to whom.

This site has people that will advise you and will also help you with the way to proceed, most of the donkey work, so to speak must be done by yourself.

If you need Legal advice I suggest you seek that professionally.

There are a number of reasons why people on this site use handles or pseudonyms. One of them I imagine is because we do not know who is accessing this site for specific information/users etc......

Another is because we cannot be identified and therefore are happier to discuss specific problems and ask for advice.

I personally have real problems when asked for specific information especially via a PM as I would hope the information/advice I am given via the questions I ask on this forum will be of some assistance to other users which is not being done when PM's are used.

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Can you supply the copy of the re-direct please if not why

You seem very keen on getting this information as you have asked several times, and I have no idea why.

If you have a copy of somebody's redirection confirmation letter then the only information you would gain is their old and new addresses, and the names of everybody living at the address. I can see no valid reason as to why you would ask somebody for this reason, and certainly there is no reason why somebody should explain to you why they won't give you this information.

Your claims to want a copy of it so that you can see whether the box was ticked to inform certain companies of the redirection is a pathetic explanation - there is no such information recorded on the confirmation letters.

Thanks for the advice i will try and take a picture of the redirection

Don't bother - you can see for yourself on the confirmation letter what information there is - your name and address (and previous address) - ask yourself why on earth somebody would be requesting this information and be cautious as to who you provide this information to. You will also see that there is no mention of the other information v_j_r claims to be interested in.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Post removed

v_j_r - once again I think you are missing some vital points.

We have a duty to 'protect' users. We don't know who you are (or anyone else for that matter) so when you, once again, start to request information from others and we can see no apparent reason why, alarm bells will ring. You admit..

Most of the time information is requested just to prove they really are genuine customers of LBL Ltd if not just to protect myself, asking for copies of other items was also another way,....

You do not have a duty to help others on this site, Nobody does. We help others because we want to, and nothing more.

This does not give us a reason to ask for personal documentation that could potentially be used for other purposes. When was the last time you read a MOD asking a user to prove they had bank charges before we offered to help?

Never.

When we receive documents that we believe could help a larger audience, we share them - there are no occasions where we have to think twice simply because some other users might "whinge" from time to time.

So, let us make the situation perfectly clear for you.

STOP asking users to supply personal information.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Now now girl's put your handbags away! - i have now removed my posts and any advice, as i stated anymore problems i will withdraw posts from this thread and stand well back.:rolleyes: