Wedding dress help required pleeeeeease

Whoshotmrburnes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

New to this, just wanted some quick generic advise if at all possible.

In March this year I ordered my wedding dress. At the time of ordering I signed a contract, one of the terms of which was that I could only lose one dress size. I queried this with the sales person and was told that these were standard t's and c's and that it wouldn't be a problem to lose up to 4 dress sizes.

I went to a second fitting in September where this was flagged up again. I was told that I had been misinformed by a temporary member of staff who was manning the wedding show in March. However, they said that they would put it right for me and not to worry.

Today I came home to a letter out the blue (I thought this had been resolved) pointing out that on the back of my visit in September, if I lose more than 1 dress size I will need to pay £365 alternation fee, also attached was a copy of the contract I signed with the clause highlighted.

Clearly I could kick myself for ever signing the contract without getting them to ammend or initial it, but I didn't and I am where I am (the dieting is also working too). Do I have any chance of fighting this and winning or am I better swallowing the cost (I have limited time)? If I fought it, which rights should I mention? Do my statutory rights protect me from mis-selling to a point that any t's and c's they issue are over and above my stat rights?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kat