jodie k
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3838 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the right place to post but my post is about how UNFAIR and rubbish the Debit card Chargeback scheme is.

Wanted to let you know that I am in dispute with Lloyds bank as I asked them to put their visa/chargeback scheme in place earlier this year. My current account was defrauded by a company called MIYU Ltd, trading as Local Events Calendar who scammed me for nearly £500.

They cold-called me asking if I wanted a 21 free day trial of an online ad for my company on their site.

I agreed but they failed to display the advert and still took the funds out of my account.

This fraudulent company are now in liquidation. Consumer Direct said that I was due a full refund as the Company had breached Trading Standards and Cosumer Rights etc.

The day they scammed me I rang Lloyds and told them what happened.

Lloyds said they would put the Chargeback scheme in place and hopefully refund my account.

However the fraudulent company put in a counter claim and for whatever reason Lloyds took their word over mine and said they would not refund me for the [problem].

I have been a Lloyds customer for 30+ years with a good credit history.

I contacted customer services complaints at Lloyds with evidence and a long explanation of how I'd been scammed, and was sent a 4 line reply saying, sorry we can't help you and a leaflet for the ombudsman.

I rang to complain and was told the same thing.

I am seeing a Lloyds Bank Manager in person next week to see if I can get any sense out of them before I have to go to the ombudsman.

I have learnt from this affair that Lloyds Bank don't give a toss how long you have had your account. I believe they are told behind closed doors to palm people off to the Ombudsman.

They made 1.6 billion profit in the first half of 2010.

I am disgusted by them. :mad2:

When this is over I shall leave, result or no result.

Thanks for reading

Edited by jodie k

hi, lloyds tsb are indeed the pits, and they will fob you off, when you meet with your branch manager tell him/ her that you wish to logde a formal complaint! it will cost lloyds £500 per complaint that the fos looks into!

ah thanks for your reply. Do you mean lodge a formal complaint with Lloyds?

I did complain to their customer services department by letter... Is a formal complaint different to that?

Thanks v much

indeed any letter you send them in respect of a complaint should be headed " FORMAL LETTER OF COMPLIANT". formal means they will take notice.

Not sure if they will take notice of a formal letter because I received another letter from Lloyds Customer Services today saying this 2nd letter was their final word on the matter because I didn't raise any new concerns. The reason I didn't raise any new concerns by letter was because they told me someone would ring me about it which never happened..

This 2nd letter also said that if I responded to it, they would file it but may not reply: ie They are now blocking me from raising concerns about the way my complaint was handled.

The junior clerk at Customer Services who wrote this last letter silencing me does not understand the issues nor does she understand English Law which is maybe why she couldn't give me an adequate reply to my complaint.

I am going to write a Formal letter of complaint to the Customer Services and CC it to the Chairman of Lloyds, the Head of my Branch, Trading Standards, Watchdog, The Times etc and see if anyone answers...

I get so weary of this kind of corruption in the UK...

• 3 weeks later...
Not sure if they will take notice of a formal letter because I received another letter from Lloyds Customer Services today saying this 2nd letter was their final word on the matter because I didn't raise any new concerns. The reason I didn't raise any new concerns by letter was because they told me someone would ring me about it which never happened..

This 2nd letter also said that if I responded to it, they would file it but may not reply: ie They are now blocking me from raising concerns about the way my complaint was handled.

The junior clerk at Customer Services who wrote this last letter silencing me does not understand the issues nor does she understand English Law which is maybe why she couldn't give me an adequate reply to my complaint.

I am going to write a Formal letter of complaint to the Customer Services and CC it to the Chairman of Lloyds, the Head of my Branch, Trading Standards, Watchdog, The Times etc and see if anyone answers...

I get so weary of this kind of corruption in the UK...

any update on this.

thanks for asking.. well, I sent my final letter and headed it 'Formal Letter of Complaint'. As expected I received another letter from them saying exactly the same as before and telling me it is definitely their final response and any more letters I sent will not be answered but put on file and to contact the ombudsman if I am not satisfied... All as expected!

So now have the forms from the Ombudsman which I will send off shortly.

I really hope he can see fair justice is done in this case.

Its not the money so much now, its just seeing justice done.

But if he says no, then I shall call it a day! I have spent enough negative energy against LLoyds now and don't want them to take any more of my time.

Totally disillusioned with them now and their customer service.

I'm going to open a 2nd account somewhere else...

Thanks for asking and for your help,

bwishes

it is definitely their final response and any more letters I sent will not be answered but put on file
Totally disillusioned with them now and their customer service.

Arrogant b*******

They will tell you black is white then say they won't respond to any more letters.

This is proof if any was needed of the unequal relationship between the banks & customers - would we get away with totally ignoring them if we didn't like what they said?

Hi jodie

This is the e-mail address for the CEO of Lloyds, it might be worth sending a Formal Letter of Complaint to him eric.daniels@lloydstsb.co.uk

You can also take them to the Small Claims Court.

If you need any info to prove your case, you can send a SAR Request.

• 3 months later...

hi there,

whenever i asked Lloyds how to get in touch with Visa, they always told me there is a phone number on the back of your credit/debit card!! lots of help that was..

As an update, I took my case above to the financial ombudsman in the end as I was getting nowhere with Lloyds.

The ombudsman said that legally I was totally in the right, but Visa have covered themselves so that their refund/chargeback rules are quite limited and do NOT cover

consumers even if the sales of goods act /law of contract has been contravened as in my case.

As the banks couldn't help me get my refund, I am now trying to find out if you can legally sue an individual for breach of contract, even if their company has gone into liquidation and there are no assets to pay creditors.

If anyone knows if that is possible, let me know.

• 2 years later...

I got stung by a company called 321Travel. £1500 gone and Lloydstsb sided with them.

20 years as a Lloyds customer and it feels like I have been robbed twice, firstly by the ******, lying crooks at 321Travel and secondly by the equaly scummy debit card disputes department at Lloyds.

My advice to everyone is to avoid using both of them.

Don't use your debit card to purchase anything, always use your credit card if you must as that has greater protection and god help you if you have to deal with Lloyds over the phone, you should insist on face to face or nothing.