Reliable Collections chasing OH's JDW cat debt

paulh1818
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Brigadier, it's relativlely a small amount too, and I have tried to compromise with them. If they remove the charges, I could, at a push, have this paid within a month just to be rid of it. But they are digging their heels in...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brigadier, it's relativlely a small amount too, and I have tried to compromise with them. If they remove the charges, I could, at a push, have this paid within a month just to be rid of it. But they are digging their heels in...
It's typical I'm afraid, how much of it is charges?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

No it doesn't! Which is why they were caught with their pants down when they were charging people £25 for the same letters!

This is how they make their profits and can pay such extortionate bonuses.

I have yet to hear of anyone ever being taken to court for unpaid charges, IMO, I would just pay what you genuinely owe, and refuse to pay their charges, I am currently doing this with Virgin Bledia, paid what I genuinely owed, and did not pay their charges, it is currently with their second clown outfit DCA.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I've recently been looking at complaints about DCA's relevant to my creditors collectors on line, found one complaining about XXX I've had dealings with, clicked on it and it was a DMP company asking for those who had been unhappy with XXXXX's conduct to let them arrange a DMP plan for them and get XXX off their back.

Looked at some more 'supposed' complaints sites and a lot of DMP's seem to using this tatic to draw people in by offering help with notorious, bullying DCA's.............

I think it's downright deceptive (in a literal sense of course).

The whole industry is rotten to the core bubsie!!!!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Hi Brig

I realised that on the 21st of January this year (day after I registered with CAG) but just how rotten are they; is this a new low even for them, when they, like Cannibals, start consuming 'their own' with duplicitous practices?

Sorry Brigadier I must be one of those naive fools who still does get the occassional (but rare) surprise when I find yet another one of their lies and schemes masquerading under the guise of 'helping; those in debt.

Didn't think they would rubbbish their own so blatantly

Hi, bubbs,

You could always send them a ''nice'' letter stating that you have 'just become aware'' that banks are not supposed to

take benefit payments and leave people penniless, and would they please refund the amount they have taken:madgrin:

Worth a cheeky try:jaw:

Paul I can't believe how ignorant I was before I found CAG; if it hadn't been for CAG I'd have been cannon fodder for any unscrupulous DCA or DMP that spoke to me kindly!!!!!!

It was only when they started to bully me that I stumbled on this site by accident, now wouldn't touch a DMP if they paid me.

And yes Brigadier I am composing my letter to the Banks now with a large pleaseeeeeeeee, thank you and kisses, bound to sway them into action.

Edited by bubbsie1
rotten typist

That sounds like a great tactic. Should I inform them before hand that I won't be paying the charges?

No best left to their imagination, just pay what it is you owe, then each time they say there is a debt outstanding (because of their charges) all you have to say is, "I owe nothing".

Eventually they will tire realise they are getting nothing from you, and that it isn't earning them anything to chase you for it, they will pass it back to the OC, who will either farm it out to another circus act, who can be told the same as the first, second, third and fourth dca, OR the OC will take responsibility for their actions/accounts and ask you why you will not pay their charges.

It's at this point, you should inform them that you are reclaiming their charges, therefore negating the alleged account, and any subsequent enforcement they choose to employ. OR they will have to take legal action against you in order to get a judge to decide whether or not the charges are fair, and indeed payable, and as we know in light of the not so distant legal arguments regarding fees and charges companies/banks added to "customers" accounts, this is unlikely to happen.

IMO it would be easier to get water to flow uphill than it would to have a Judge enforce charges and fees that have been applied by a bank or otherwise.

My penalty fee is only £12 odd, I'm just using that as a guinea pig to see just how far and what, if anything, they will do to recover a fee they have imposed on a customer who had paid them for a number of years without fault or failure.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

It beggars belief how these company's will turn on you for a few quid after years of your loyal custom

And therein is your answer! Whilst consumers and customers may show loyalty to one particular company or brand of a product, these companies and brands have absolutely NO loyalty whatsoever to it's customers, all they want is you to purchase and pay for goods or services from them, as long as you continue to do so they will be more than happy to take the money you are giving them, when there is a dispute, they will turn on you faster than you can blink, and they will negate any custom you have shown them.

Yes I have rapidly learned that lesson. I was a loyal BT customer until a problem appeared ( a problem which you, Bazooka have helped me with on another thread - thanks again ). I am with virgin media now, I have kept payments up to date and they have been fine with me, but I know it's only superficial, just like any other company. I really used to believe in customer loyalty but now it feels more like I'm keeping them sweet for my own purposes...

The whole principle of finance and banking can easily be summed up ''THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS WRONG'':madgrin:

Example::

Hello Mr (W) Banker can I have a £200.00 overdraft ? Na you don't wanna do that, have £2000.00 so we can screw you for ridiculous amount of charges when you

when you can't pay us back:madgrin::lol:

I am with virgin media now

Oh boy! Out of the frying pan and into the fire!!!

You are correct though, as long as your paying them then they will continue to keep you sweet, as soon as there is a problem, these guys are very different and they have zero customer care IMO, which is why I kicked them into touch.....now I'm playing letter tennis with them.

paulh, Your right Virgin is fine but they can be damn nasty with the late charges but in there defence one phone call and it's sorted because of a changed package I did not know they were going to take half out straight away, left me with a £15.00 bank charge, phoned them and they were great... late fee removed.

Also when my box broke I told them I wanted 16 day's of credit because that is how long it took them after one engineer rang me to say he was at my house at 07:40 Hippy on his push bike after a night shift could not ring the dork back because he had a withheld number.... Yo, £10.00 missed call out fee,, straight on the dog and bone to there English based customer relations and bingo, followed up in writing.

Like BB, I had a £20.00 late fee put on by Brooks and Bentley some years ago, it went to some collection agent in Croydon and I told them the same as I have told Moorcrap, you get's what I say I owe you.. Paid it off less £20.00 never heard a bean since.. And Moorcrap if your on this site your not getting your £21.50 administration fee either... so bog off..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

lol. I wasn't implying that virgin are great in every aspect, it's just that I had one hell of a time with bt - muckhall say I owe £129.50, I say I owe £9.50. I know it would be a similar story though if I missed a couple of payments with virgin, they are all the same beneath all their discounts and offers. I also noticed it's much easier to upgrade your package than it is to downgrade...

yo mate,,,, wait till my year is up in October and the contract is complete,,, will screw them for every conceivable deal there is or just go to sky or better still get rid of the tv and tv licence all together.. better entertainment on here watching how those incompetent fools of DCA's think they are the Don's of the Manor...haaaa

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959