File Transfer from PS3 to Android phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon Caggers :-)

A tech savy friend set up my PC with a programme called Filezilla, which allows me to share files via my wireless network with my phone, using a program on the phone called SwiFTP. I was wondering if its possible to get a similar program to Filezilla on the PS3 in order to share files from the PS3 to my phone?

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

If your phone can connect to a media server you should be able do it that way...

I used to have a nokia N95. I just turned on sharing on the phone, and then accessed it via the ps3 (If I remember correctly).

I do know that this does not work on all phones (whether they are smartphones or not).

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

Filezilla is an FTP program which allows you to upload files to a server and then you (or anyonew you give the password to) can download them whever they are and whatever device they are using (assuming it supports FTP or even the ability to browse HTTP sites maybe enough).

Its a bit of a long winded way of doing it though if the phone and device (PS3) are nect to each other, the most common way of swapping files would be bluetooth that nearly every PC and laptop and smartphone will support, I dont know about PS3.

SOD'Em mentioned file sharing on the N95, this actuially used WiFi and was faster than bluetooth, I have a N97 which doesnt have this feature which is most annoying, I dont know about other smartphones, it was called Home Media Center on the N95 and you could even stream using it, for example I could use my N95 to browse my large mp3 selection on my server and play songs from it.

Andy

Hey guys :-)

Sod em - Unfortunately my phone doesnt seem able to connect to a media server, neither the PC nor the PS3 will detect it when it's connect to a wireless network.

Andy - The PS3 doesn't support bluetooth file sharing. I've tried plugging the handset into the PS3 directly vis USB but the PS3 doesn't recognise it

I have no legal qualifications whatsoever, so please check any input I have for accuracy. And please correct me if you disagree!

I had just found an app called Media Share which allows me to share photos off my phone with the PS3 via Wifi, makes me think that there may be some way of sharing music between the devices.

I had just found an app called Media Share which allows me to share photos off my phone with the PS3 via Wifi, makes me think that there may be some way of sharing music between the devices.

I would of thought if it could handle photos then it should be able to (in theory) do music n vids, it may struggle with high res vids.

Andy