Asda on line shopping

maya222t
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4647 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Asda have offered me £10 compensation although i paid for a delivery of £5.50 and an evoucher which I asked not to be given as I no longer want to shop there.

The complaint consisted as under the sales and goods and services act s.13/s.14:

• delivery was around 6 hours late
  • products missing an damaged
  • because we were waiting in couldn't go out to source food from another supermarket as still waiting for the arrival of Asda.
  • frustration and inconvenience as couldn't take lil one out as waiting for delivery, outside the time they were suppose to arrive.

Is it unreasonable for me to want more than a £10, which is really £4.50 as I still had to pay for delivery?

Any advice on next move??

They dont tend to value such things. Most I got for similar scenario was 10.00 as well.

Did you ring the store directly to chase the delivery, or did they ring you and give a reason? If they didnt ring at least thats disgusting.

In any case best to shop with your feet if unhappy. You see I have had at least 6 issues in last 18months or so since they deliver to my area, they just accept it happened and offer to refund delivery on next order and if pushed on one occasion 10.00.

They are always asking us to fill in the online service feedback form, on one occassion I got a call back when ticked unhappy to basically everything that time, I still got a good apology but only delivery cost and to be honest I was happy enough with that. Fresh food looked like it had done a ten round heavy weight fight so bruised and bakery goods crushed.

Didnt use them for some weeks and get the we miss you emails, yuk, next gave me discount on shop, that worked so back with them. Dont know about you I always have to watch I dont overshop online, so easy to do with virtual trolley xx

• 11 months later...

Don't think £10 is sufficient. I've just had my own experience of Asda's incompetent service. I live in France for much of the year, and shop on-line. My order comes in via a very good carrier service. Asda delivers in one day and it arrives with me here the next. Anyway this time I'd ordered £195 or stuff, as I stock up on pet food (expensive here) as well as other things. My order arrived via the carrier and the Asda delivery note stated there were 5 boxes, which I received, one with frozen, one with chilled, 2 with pet food, one with some car products and cold stuff. However there was no sign whatsoever of £42.00 worth of grocery products. The grocery products were the first thing on the delivery note and all were missing. I called customer services as I wanted a quick response ha. ha. First adviser put the phone down on me when I said it was regarding missing items, the second adviser simply offered me a full refund of the missing items without argument. But I actually want them. The second adviser told me his supervisor wouldn't let him ring me in France, I said that was ok because I wanted an email as I needed to let the carrier know when the items would be delivered into the depot. Asda informed me that they had to deliver missing items within 24 hours. It's now mid-day here and I've sent yet another email requesting delivery information, as I feel they've had enough time to sort this out. Up to now no response.

I've asked them for a full refund of the delivery charge, also costs of my phone call, and recompense for the inconvenience this has caused, because even though they apparently will redeliver (and I'm not holding my breath!), it will still take a few days for me to get the goods, and I will have to shop here.

They apparently have franchised all sorts of bits of Asda out to private companies, so nill responsibility then. Disgusting, after this Tesco here I come.

I would add, if I haven't bored you all to death so far, that the Carrier informed me when this happened that many customers of Asda had the same issues as I have but Tesco never misses anything. Thanks for your patience, and if I were you on the £10 refund, take it higher. If I can find out who is actually running the show, and I'm better placed than some to do this, I'll post it and the address to write to. Thanks again.