Quick Quid and Provident **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4966 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know if these two companies have an agreement? I've had a couple of letters from Provident, and a doorstep call this evening saying that they had bought the debt from Quick Quid and can now offer for me to pay Quick Quid by paying Provident weekly as they now own the debt..?? I am currently in the process of going bankrupt so basically told the man to leave, but find it strange how this has happened...:|

This is totally wrong, you need to get your local MP involved asap. Under the OFT debt collecting guidelines it is not advisdable to offer further credit to pay off existing credit, Provident are relying on people's ignorance here and are trying to collect unenforceable debt on the doorstep.

Complain to Trading Standards via the Consumer Direct helpline, and to the OFT and to the Ministry of Justice. This practice should be made illegal. You have NO obligation whatsoever to Provident. They may have bought the Quick Quid debt for pennies in the pound.

I had a run in with a Provident collector not long after I moved, she was after another tenant in the flats and wanted me to let her in, I told her to get lost....

• 1 month later...