Jumping cursor driving me mad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have done Avast and again it has come up with nothing, both the quick scan and the detailed scan. Several virus programs have found nothing now so dont want to spend another few hours checking another one. Problem must lie elsewhere.

Just had the cursor jump again when I was typing a 2 line email reply to someone. Noticed I was typing with my right hand on (around?) the ; button twice now when the cursor jumped.

I have checked all the IRQ settings and they all seem fine, there are no duplicates as far as I can see.

dx: The PC upstairs is hardwired to the Virgin connection, the wireless router is connected to the PC and I use the laptop downstairs in the living room which is giving me the problems.

If you could pm me how to contact you, will arrange a time with you to use remote control. Just getting sick of it now as its so so time consuming to do any little job regardless to how little I have open or use.

Thanks for all the ideas, sure we will get there in the end.

Googley

Definitely sounds like you have some form of infection that could be causing both problems.

Google for Avast Anti-Root Kit and try running that, Have come across some real nasty root kits

before and most anti virus applications miss the rootkits.

George

dx: The PC upstairs is hardwired to the Virgin connection, the wireless router is connected to the PC and I use the laptop downstairs in the living room which is giving me the problems.

right slowly through step by step.

now we understand.

if you take the lappy upstairs, the signal of the wireless connections gets stronger on the bars...yes?

do's that make the cursor problem any diff?

also i'm slightly puzzzled by the comment, te wireless router is connected to your hardwired pc?

is the VM cable moden a wireless router too or have you got a separate wireless router?

i know how it should be wired, i'm just wondering upon you comment of [so it seems]

your fixed PC is giving the connection to the wireless router and thus to the laptop.

typically it should be:

VM cable modem wireless router fixed pc.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...