MBNA PPI Query

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as post 56

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as post 56

dx

Ah right I see you are using the old figures. I uploaded a new sheet and the starting amount is not £75 but 0.56p as I was advised elsewhere to divide the first known PPI payment by the number of months between it and the first month a payment would have been taken. This gave a figure of 0.56p which was then incremented each month thus 0.56, £1.12, £1.68.... until it reached the first known figure!

Could you tell me your reasons for leaving out point 5 in my letter as in post 74 please as I'd like to get this in the post today if possible?

Also is there a time limit I should add to the end of the letter in which I should expect a reply?

Edited by Smoothound

cant see the logic behind that.

if you had a bal from month one

you must of had PPI.

whats their PPI calc on the t&c etc

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so typicaly what is their PPI level then?

dx

and they

so you are telling me you only spent £200 in the 1st month?

doubt it.....

dx

and they

so you are telling me you only spent £200 in the 1st month?

doubt it.....

dx

No probably not :D

On my first set of calculations the final figure came out at around £60,000 as I used the last known figure, £75-60, right back to month one!

Are you saying I should revert to my original figures as they would probably be far more realistic of my spending patterns?

Also could you please clarify your reasons for leaving out point 5 on my letter please?

Dx thanks very much for your input, it seems to me countless people have been through this but only you are able to give me any pointers and for that I am really grateful :D

i know i keep missing point 5

i dont think it is of any relevence, dont give them an 'excuse' to not payout

they cant prove it eitherway

you've been fleeced pure and simple

keep it that way.

dx

and they

well no.

they'll turn round and say at the time of approval you were employed, end of

if your SP changed, you should of told us!

this is MBNA we are dealing with

as tough as HFC to get PPI out of dispite the fines they've had

dx

and they

40 cal days

and they

Cheers again Dx :D

I'll say again though it amazes me how few people comment or help on so many of these threads even though there must be so many who have gone through all this or are going through it currently :( It would be nice to get a few other perspectives as well!!

well ping dotty and the crew over on the mbna forum.......

dx

and they

Hi Smoothound,

Had a very quick read of here, I am really no expert on PPI claims, I did do one with Cap1 and they refused to pay and I have not pursued it because they have chosen not to make any contact since! I wonder why?!

The only thing that confuses me is your spreadsheet, you took out the card in 1994 and you are claiming that you paid approx £75 p/m in ppi from the start? Did you do a very large balance transfer? If not, then your balance would start at zero and ppi would only be charged on the balance as it fluctuated each month.

The figure drops from £75 in Jan 06 to £45 in Feb 06, was it at this point you had the correct figures? For your figures to drop here, that would indicate that you made a large repayment at that point? If you didn't, then I would guess that your previous assumed amounts are over-estimated.

Unfortunately, one of the ppi experts, Pompeyfaith, I believe doesn't not post an CAG any more and their input would have been extremely useful for you. You really need to read up on the ppi successes and possibly ask some of the people that thread.

HTH

The reason I used £75-60 was the fact it was the last known amount as MBNA have failed to supply the previous figures so I used that right back to month one. I have now altered the sheet(I thought I had uploaded the new version...) so it is slightly different. I took the last known figure and divided it by the amount of unknown months which gave me £0.56p I then used this as my starting figure and added £0.56p each month up to £75-60p and used these as my base calculation figures.

dx100uk has suggested that these figures are possibly too low per month and I'd be better off using the original method you've seen or something similar... Have to say I'm tempted to do another sheet and just add all the known amounts together and divide by the number of months known and use this average for all the unknown amounts? I don't know now, I've fiddled for so long now I'm starting to go mad :(

Also I was surprised dx felt it would not be in my interest to mention my self employment after the first year as this was what seemed to me to be the most likely reason for them to be in the wrong as they never sent T&C to me at all. Having said that I realise that on the other points they were already breaking guidelines and the law!

Sorry, I've not got a clue how you can work it out without the proper figures but I am sure you will find someone to give you more help.

I am afraid it is a case of searching the threads yourself and finding someone that has had a similar problem or sometimes another Cagger may have seen something similar and give you a link.

might be an idea to ping dj1971

see what his thoughts are

certainly got the savvy to advise

dx

and they

might be an idea to ping dj1971

see what his thoughts are

certainly got the savvy to advise

dx

Cheers dx :D

I've tried PMing dj1971 but it appears their PM inbox is full and can't take any more currently!! I'll try again in a couple of days and see if it has been cleared :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've altered my letter slightly although I am going to leave in the part about being self employed as having read countless threads there seem to be no hard and fast rules as to what is right or wrong and what works or not!! I've also averaged the known payments now to give me my early payment amounts, it doesn't really alter the total by much to be honest but it's possibly the better way.

Main reason for the post is I'm wondering if there is a better address for the letter to go to than just at the usual MBNA address? I know they will drag their feet whatever happens but just getting the letter to the right person/persons might save a few days :)

I've just redone my spreadsheet using the average of my known PPI amounts and bizarrely the average amount comes out at £75-60 again how spooky is that? Which also is going to mean my PPI reclaim is going to be up nearer £60,000 than my previous guestimation of £32,000...