Jamie Waller borrows £185 k from Jbw group !!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jamie Waller: How I cleaned up debt collecting

Jamie Waller, 30, became a bailiff as a last resort. He had left school at 16, trying his hand at window cleaning and selling second-hand cars. But after two years, "I was back where I started", he says. "I had heard that being a bailiff was a good way to make money without needing any qualifications." Little did he realise that within ten years it would have made him a millionaire and landed him on TV.He applied to one of London's top "debt enforcement agencies", but was rejected as too young. So he marched into the head office and "told them I would be good at the job". The firm tried him out, and he raked in huge commissions in his first year. "They eventually offered me a supervisor role. At 19 I was managing people who'd been there for ten years." Waller puts his success down to his sales background. "The other bailiffs were mostly 'doorman types', hired for their physical presence. But being a bailiff is like being a salesman – you have to persuade people to part with their cash."Despite his success, Waller was not happy at the firm. He left and went travelling for a year. Sitting on a beach in Puerto Rico, he decided to form his own bailiff company. In need of start-up capital, he returned to his old job and used his spare time to find a business partner and put a company together. "In those days all you needed was a computer system, some clamps and a few staff." He earned good commissions, even featuring in a BBC documentary. And after five months, the 22-year-old Waller left to set up on his own. His old bosses "were furious". It "was the most challenging professional moment of my life".But he'd made the right move. The new firm, Wisehill, grew quickly. "The hardest thing is persuading the first clients, but the BBC show was a massive help." After a year, Wisehill was taking in £1m a year. But Waller's partner was "a playboy character who drove a Ferrari and only turned up to sign off expenses". So Waller left. He had to start from scratch again – but now "I had no doubts it would work". Clients from his old firm followed him to JBW Group and he made the company "completely as I wanted it"."There was so much wrong with the old industry that needed to be changed." He made a point of hiring people with sales backgrounds. He also built good relations with the police, using them to resolve disputes rather than "build up a private army like the old-school firms". JBW hit £2.4m in sales by its second year. Waller was still receiving threats of violence – he was even stabbed by a rival – yet it "just made me more determined to succeed". He implemented a City and Guilds-accredited training course and upgraded JBW's computers. "That might sound basic, but before JBW Group most bailiff firms were not really looking at training or IT." It all paid off – JBW made £10m in sales in 2009. He bought two smaller rivals this year and is in talks with two more. "The industry has changed – the days of the dodgy ex-bouncers are over."To those who question how he can make money from others' misery, Waller says: "Society needs an endgame for people who don't pay debts. If someone is poor and genuinely can't pay a bill there will be nothing for us to take. But some people seem to think they don't need to pay."

Original article :

http://www.moneyweek.com/news-and-charts/profile-of-entrepreneur-jamie-waller-of-jbw-group-49629.aspx

So whats cooking today ?

In the chair: Jamie Waller Company: JBW Group - www.jbwgroup.co.uk Date Established: 2004 Business Activities: Debt Recovery Career History: Armed Forces, Bailiff and Managing Director Personal Interests: Sailing, Gym, Climbing and Golf Greatest Influences: A Military Motorcycle Display team called The IMPS where I spent 11 years from the age of 5 – 16 www.impsonline.com Q: What is the background / history to your company?

A: “JBW Group was formed in 2004 after I had spent 5 years working for a one of the largest bailiff companies in the UK as a bailiff and bailiff manager. JBW entered the world of Debt Recovery by convincing the BBC that a fly on the wall documentary about Bailiffs would make good TV. The BBC commissioned four years worth of programs that all featured JBW Group and me. This did wonders for our profile and assisted us in getting many large contracts for both the public and private sector. JBW now provide Debt Recovery and Bailiff Services for many Blue Chip clients such as Transport for London and British Gas Business.”

Q: What was your main motivation in setting up in the first place?

A: “I was bullied by the Operations Director at my last company. He was an aggressive manager who thought that paying someone’s wages meant that he could treat them however he wanted to and that if you refused to do what he asked the threat of losing your job would make you think twice. I grew to hate him and despise his management style and thought the only way to get him back was to go into competition with him, so that is what I did.”

Q: What are your plans for the next five years?

A: “My plans for the next five years are to grow JBW Group to be the largest provider of Debt Recovery services to local and central Government Agencies. I want to bring an ethical Debt Recovery process to England and prove that Debt Recovery and Enforcement is a profession that is run by business people and not bully boy bailiffs - which is what most people think.”

Q: What are the effects of the credit crunch on your business?

A: “The effects of the credit crunch are bad for JBW Group as we generally rely on irresponsible debtors and not poor ones. Poor debtors are useless to JBW as they have no means to pay and no goods of any value to remove. Our business focuses on the people that "won't pay" not the people that "can't pay". When the economy is good the Debt Recovery business is good. People are relaxed, over spending and irresponsible with chargeable offences like parking and the congestion charge.”

Q: What advice do you have for young Directors today?

A: “Protect yourself and your business. Being a Director can sometimes be a lonely job, do not forget the people that matter like your family and friends. When business is good you will find that you have lots of friends and most of them will be on your pay roll but when business is bad, well let's just say you will have some time to yourself to reflect on when it was good. There are many ups and downs in business and that's what makes it so exciting and gets you up in the morning. Work hard, play hard, concentrate on the bottom line and if you can, stay fit. I have always had the attitude of 'a fit man rules the world'.”

Q: What is the biggest lesson you have learnt?

A: “Do not over spend and keep money in the bank for that rainy day, because it will come. When JBW was growing at a rate of over 100% every year we upgraded everything, the cars, the building, the computers and even some of the staff and then came along the credit crunch. Our business overheads are now 40% higher than the previous year but the income is down 30%. When this happens you need to act fast, you need to take control and trim your business to meet the income that is available. By this time you have great people, a great building and nice hand towels in the toilets so making the change is not easy. But remember that without it you will go bust. There is no question about it.”

Q: What has been your biggest breakthrough in business?

A: “Winning the contract to supply bailiff services to Transport for London. In February 2009 JBW won a 5 year with a possible 5 year extension to provide bailiff enforcement services on behalf of Congestion Charging for London. The contract has a possible value of £20 million.”

Q: What are your business predictions for the future?

A: “I believe that business is going to be tough in 2010. I am not confident that we are over the credit crunch and I am sure that the general election is not going to do us any favours. The current government will be so busy drafting their new manifesto and trying to gain new voters that the current crises will be placed at the back of the queue. We also have a real problem with the banking world which if it is not sorted will really come back to bite us. The City of London relies on the financial industry more than most other Cities in the world and if we lose their trade, well let’s just say, that it will be the start of the problem and not the end. We need to support the banking trade by working with them and not work against them.”

Q: What unusual things have happened to you in business?

A: “I guess television. Overnight I became the most recognised Debt Collector in the UK, I gained a Facebook fan club and even got a few fancy invites to various BBC events. The TV has been fun and really helped with our business development and growth.”

Q: What is the best business book you have read?

A: “The One Minute Manager by Kenneth H. Blanchard. This book is amazing, so amazing that I issued it to all of my senior management team and asked them to read it too. It is a book that you need by your side and not one to retire to the book shelf but believe me it will assist in anyone’s personal development.”

Original here :

http://www.whoswho.co.uk/index.cfm?control=main.inTheChair&interview=JamieWaller

So whats cooking today ?

Jamie-Waller415.jpg “Negative perceptions”: Jamie Waller, the bailiff with a heart

Debt of gratitude for top bailiff Jamie

Pictured above is Jamie Waller — undoubtedly Britain's most famous bailiff, his own promotional material proudly proclaims — and quite possibly the face of business in Austerity Britain.

In case you are unfamiliar with his talents, he has starred in Beat the Bailiff and Enforcers, is a regular on Money Week, and is chief executive of JBW Group, which describes itself as “one of the UK's most successful and innovative debt management and enforcement solutions providers”.

His PR people tell us that Jamie has recently “realised a key personal objective: to successfully redress the negative perceptions associated with bailiffs and dispel the old myths that surround the enforcement industry”.

He has a “vision for the future expansion of the business” and a loan from NatWest to fulfil said vision. Heartwarming, isn't it?

Original here :

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard-business/article-23866346-city-spy-ignore-bankers-swiss-bound-bluff.do

So whats cooking today ?

Could be or maybe he has started another bailiff business up like previously whitehill recoveries or something and did the same there.

How comes the same person is having problems over and over in different scenarios ?

So whats cooking today ?