Jamie Waller borrows £185 k from Jbw group !!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who makes the programme and which channel is it shown on? Perhaps complaints should be made to the relevant bodies about the bias of the programme and its inaccuracies.

Its shown on a few satellite channels, one of which id called 'watch'.. I have stopped watching them as they are all repeats and they make me very cross.

but you can catch up on the episodes on youtube, unless they have been taken down now.

I think complaints have already been made, a number of times, but the powers that be always poo poo the letters with some lame excuse why they are being aired.

sounds like some people may know something the rest of society does'nt then close the company set up new one if that's the case

if this happen's can some one let me know as would like to record it for the dvd filming benefit for public

http://www.debtmanagementtoday.co.uk/newsstory?id=824&type=newsfeature&title=debt_enforcement_firm_acquires_essex_bailiff_business

Story above. Jbw have now gone to Essex to tout for business. Is it only me or are they desperate for money ? Please nobody tell me they are raking it in.

So whats cooking today ?

Didnt want to do it but hey !!!

Call the Bailiff

Jamie Waller – "undoubtedly Britain's most famous bailiff" according to his own publicity – makes his living collecting from those who've not paid their debts. Somebody's got to, I suppose, but I wonder if the star of the BBC's Beat the Bailiff sees any irony regarding his chosen vocation and his own debt – owed to his company, JBW Group? According to the company's latest accounts, Waller has borrowed £185,197 from the firm, while two companies of which he is a director – JBW Investments and JBW High Court Enforcement – owe £22,025 and £24,605 respectively. He also trousered a £120,000 dividend last year. "Er, er, what's that based on?" asks Waller's spokesman before returning to say that the debt is being paid back on time. "It's a shame you're planning to run a negative story," he adds, "he's a really lovely chap." Yes, bailiffs usually are.

story here : http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/the-city-diary-extrabet--worth-a-punt-2052827.html

So whats cooking today ?

He said it not me.

Hard times for bailiffs in a debt shortage

If asked to choose a business that would boom during a recession, you might think it would be bailiffs. But surprisingly, Britain's official debt collectors have seen their businesses squeezed by the downturn.

The bailiff trade body, the Enforcement Services Association, said the amount of debt referred for collection by its members this year was ten per cent lower than last year.

Jamie Waller, founder and managing director of JBW Group, one of Britain's leading bailiff firms, said business had shrunk by between 25 and 30 per cent since the start of the credit crunch.

article-1303135-0ACC5FA4000005DC-748_468x286.jpg Squeezed: Bailiffs may be a casualty of the credit crunch

'People are taking a more careful approach to their finances since the recession started,' he said. 'It's had the reverse effect, which has left many bailiff companies overstaffed.'

Several leading firms are rumoured to be cutting jobs. Waller, whose company employs 191 staff, including 147 enforcers, said companies were changing their debtcollecting tactics to cut costs.

'We are handling a lot more cases over the phone, instead of turning up at people's homes. In the past 18 months we have seen this increase by 38 per cent,' he said.

Waller also said that debtors were quicker at paying up. 'We are now seeing that 60 per cent are paying up after receiving only a letter,' said Waller.

Historically low interest rates have saved many people who might otherwise have defaulted, while banks and other lenders are calling in fewer bad debts.

Many observers expect a round of takeovers in the sector should it continue to face a squeeze. The first opportunity for a merger could be the sale of NSL, a bailiff business put up for sale by private equity group 3i in May, with a price tag of about £130million.

News here : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/article-1303135/Hard-times-bailiffs-debt-shortage.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

So whats cooking today ?

The debt and bailiffs biz does not create a money trail in a recession, only an increase in cases and is why we see adverts for debt collectors and bailiffs. Debtors simply dont have any money in a recession and debt collecors cannot collect their debts.

The only recession resistant industries are Funeral Directors and vehicle accident repairers, People will still die in a recession and people will still crash their cars.

One 'exempt' item in that bailiff's hands - ie the microwave, - not if there is another means of cooking, microwaves are only exempt if they are the ONLY means of cooking - and probably the portable tv - TV's are fair game unfortunately and not exempt - as well if that was all they were able to use, very bad business - DOUBLE YAY.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

WOODFORD GREEN: Motorist in 24-hour protest over car clamping

12:18pm Tuesday 24th August 2010

A WOODFORD Green man has sat in his car for more than 24 hours as he protests against his car being clamped.

Gerrie Wade, 52, started the sit-in in Forest Approach, Woodford Green, yesterday at about 8am after he was told his Ford Focus Zetec had been clamped.

The electrician had to take a day off work as he could not use his car and he slept in the vehicle overnight.

He is not moving from his car as he fears it will be towed over a parking offence which he claims he has no recollection of.

Mr Wade, who lives in Broomhill Walk, Woodford Green, said he was awoken yesterday at about 7.30am and when he answered the door to a bailiff he was told his car had been clamped and he needed to pay £681 to have the clamp removed.

He said: "I was in bed and I thought there must have been a family problem as you don't tend to get people knocking at that time of the morning."

After Mr Wade explained he did not have the money, he claims the bailiff said he would return later to tow the car.

He said: "He would not listen to me. I must have spent about half and hour trying to reason with him.

"It was a real shock and I wasn't given a phone number or any details of who to call."

Bizarrely Mr Wade was told that his car had been clamped after he disobeyed a parking regulation in Lordsmead Road in Haringey in September 2009.

Mr Wade claims he has never parked illegally in Lordsmead Road and that he has not received any letters about the original fine.

A spokesman for JBW Group, which carried out the clamping, said: “Acting on behalf of our client, our professional enforcement officers have carried out their legal duty to execute an outstanding warrant for non-payment of a penalty charge notice.

“All the necessary procedures have been followed including both posted and hand-delivered letters.

"Our comprehensive GPS tracking system established that the address of the person involved has previously been visited by one of our bailiffs.”

?type=display Shocked: Gerrie Wade with his car which he has sat in for more than 24 hours

Original here :

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/news/8349716.WOODFORD_GREEN__Motorist_in_24_hour_protest_over_car_clamping/

So whats cooking today ?