Why are replies on the post trying to argue with what you say

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5026 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

love your picture monkey

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

another point is just because you are NEW to the cag forum, does not mean you do not know anything, quite the contrary

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

another point is just because you are NEW to the cag forum, does not mean you do not know anything, quite the contrary

This is absolutely correct. I initially came here seeking help with an issue I knew nothing about. But I stayed on to give help on another area of the forum that I am knowledgable about. Been here ever since!

My advice is based on my opinion, my experience and my education. I do not profess to be an expert in any given field. If requested, I will provide a link where possible to relevant legislation or guidance, so that advice provided can be confirmed and I do encourage others to follow those links for their own peace of mind. Sometimes my advice is not what people necesserily want to hear, but I will advise on facts as I know them - although it may not be what a person wants to hear it helps to know where you stand. Advice on the internet should never be a substitute for advice from your own legal professional with full knowledge of your individual case.

Please do not seek, offer or produce advice on a consumer issue via private message; it is against

forum rules to advise via private message, therefore pm's requesting private advice will not receive a response.

(exceptions for prior authorisation)

similar with me Erika got an answer withing a day , was sorted and dusted, but enjoy helping others now etc,

Kip

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Morning all,

I have this simple philosophy,"Treat others as you would expect others to treat you."

I have never gone on to a thread and said bluntly "You are wrong."

I tend to put something like, "with respect, I disagree." and then go on to explain why I disagree. That saves a lot of argument and if someone does start up, it's dead easy to ignore them :oops:

Don't rise to the bait is all I say

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

yes i have read some of your posts, and you do give great help, well done!

totiesquoties

Morning all,

I have this simple philosophy,"Treat others as you would expect others to treat you."

I tend to put something like, "with respect, I disagree." and then go on to explain why I disagree. That saves a lot of argument and if someone does start up, it's dead easy to ignore them :oops:

The thing is, the people who "bait" the others are masters of it! :lol:

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Morning all,

Mine is slightly different, and it is: Treat others as you would want others to treat you. If they don't, then the gloves are off. :-D

The 2 people I am thinking of are people who I first spoke to the way I normally would, politely disagreed, explained why. All I got in return was nastiness, personal attacks etc... I put up with it once, 2 times, 3 times... No more. These people's egoes are so huge that if you say "I disagree", they see it as personal affront anyway and they will try to hammer you to the ground while the poor OP is wondering what the hell is going on. So yes, in these particular 2 cases, I do say: Wrong. And I say why. And in all fairness (for I am only human), I do enjoy it. And because I have seen them do it to so many people, I don't feel bad about it at all. TBH, it doesn't even make a dent in their egoes anyway. :razz:

As you say, Loquito, them baiters are dead good at it, and not everyone can stand up to them, so yes, if I come across another one of their bullying posts, I step in and try and stop them. :-)

and your 100% correct in doing this Bookie, and I have the greatest respect for you when you do it, I have seen your replies to bring the OP post back on the right track where the persons that are mentioned are waffling on about the rights and wrongs they think it, ( not the true facts but their version which is often not correct advise to give ) and is many times not helping the OP rather taking the other side and scaring the OP away feeling guilty, I too have a few run in's with similar people trying to steer the OP down the wrong road, even when the true fact have been posted, the battle often will continue , the mr perfects will never admit they gave wrong advice.

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

no you wont , you would post it with pics :| :|

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

Another reason I don't get into arguments is that it tends to detract from the OP's dilemma.

In the good old days :| we just went behind the bike sheds and sorted it it that way.

I don't think a virtual 2x4 will have the same effect :)

If we had a thread which we could link to when the language gets "fruity" then off we go to that thread and carry on the argument in a place that doesn't hijack a thread.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Mine is slightly different, and it is: Treat others as you would want others to treat you. If they don't, then the gloves are off. :-D

The 2 people I am thinking of are people who I first spoke to the way I normally would, politely disagreed, explained why. All I got in return was nastiness, personal attacks etc... I put up with it once, 2 times, 3 times... No more. These people's egoes are so huge that if you say "I disagree", they see it as personal affront anyway and they will try to hammer you to the ground while the poor OP is wondering what the hell is going on. So yes, in these particular 2 cases, I do say: Wrong. And I say why. And in all fairness (for I am only human), I do enjoy it. And because I have seen them do it to so many people, I don't feel bad about it at all. TBH, it doesn't even make a dent in their egoes anyway. :razz:

As you say, Loquito, them baiters are dead good at it, and not everyone can stand up to them, so yes, if I come across another one of their bullying posts, I step in and try and stop them. :-)

thanks bookworm, now we are getting to the crux of the matter, yes it did feel like BULLYING to me,

and i have encountered exactly what you say above, also i thought the same about the poor OP, what must they be thinking when you are giving good advice, and then someone steps in takes it to a whole new level o argument, you are very right and very sensible what you say, because i experience just that, i did answer back as i was not going to be bullied, but i was polite, straight to the point too, but i must confess i did not think that is what this site is about, there are far more serious things at stake sometimes, and although it might spice things up for someone who is experiencing a dull day, i do think this website is definitely not the place for it, you do talk buckets load of sense, and i like your outlook. thanks you for saying it exactly as it is.:p

totiesquoties

or say it with

mixed%20flowers%20and%20a%20bear.jpg:D

or, and or, that is beautiful, cheered me up anyway, lovely, and cuddly.

totiesquoties

another reason i don't get into arguments is that it tends to detract from the op's dilemma.

In the good old days :| we just went behind the bike sheds and sorted it it that way.

I don't think a virtual 2x4 will have the same effect :)

if we had a thread which we could link to when the language gets "fruity" then off we go to that thread and carry on the argument in a place that doesn't hijack a thread.

very good idea!

totiesquoties

very good idea!

I remembered soon after I posted that it's already been done and of course Bookie told me too.

I do agree with what you say about Bookie too. I have read quite a lot of her posts and she is great. A lot of Brits have this stereotypical view of french people but not the national treasure that is Bookworm

What, that they are argumentative, loud and resistant to authority? Nah, not me... :razz:

You would never lower yourself :D

No-Arrogant but I have relatives who are French and they are lovely. Even they say that Parisiens are horrible people. One of my cousins lives in the Chinese quarter and if it wasn't for her job, she'd be gone in an instant. She says that the natives look down on anyone not local. I can't speak personally as I have never been (nor want to go) to Paris. :)

Yes, that's the way French people who are not from Paris also feel. Basically, the rest of France despises Parisians as arrogant snobs and Parisians look down to the rest of the French as uncouth peasants. :-P (I'm from Lyon!!! :-D)

another thing i have experienced, is if you say go to see for e.g. a solicitor, or whatever, some cag members seem to think you are then a solicitor, or whatever you recommend to the op, is this paranoia, or is it because there are solicitors, etc who are cag members? someone thought i was a private investigator just because i mentioned going to one, as i had experience in this field, but am not one, and it was for free advice they give free consultations and free advice over the phone, as do solicitors, i have read this on other posts also caga asking another cag are they are this or a that, any reason why this happens??

totiesquoties

The paranoia which comes with "talking" to someone who could be anyone, I'm afraid.

We do have some law people on site, yes, who give their advice freely on here.

We also do have people with vested interests who deliberately pose as someone useful to either tout for business (claim management companies for example), or trap the OP into contacting them (debt collection agencies), then you have the moral high grounders, who think the law is irrelevant if you have a moral obligation (never mind that the companies you're dealing with have no such scruples...) etc, etc... And then you have people who can't accept someone has a different opinion and automatically go on the defensive.

In other words, for 10 CAGgers, there could 8 different reasons as to why. You'll go mad if you try to understand it all!!! :-)