Faulty Laptop (out of box) ..Refund refused

boony2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done Colin! All you needed was a reasonable person at the till! You're a very nice guy and I'm glad it got sorted in a more simple way than you were anticipating. That's how it should've been in the first place. I'm sure I'm going to get what I want from Argos as well so in future don't think you can't win these big companies because you can,and don't feel bad about taking stuff back to shops if you know they aren't right.See you.XXX

• 2 months later...

ok heres a simple fix to get your money back.

under the sales of goods act PC World has the onus to prove this machine was sold to you inherrantly faulty i.e did not coform to contract.

so if you beleive your DvD drive is inherrantly faulty you are entitled to either a full refund or replacement, its that simple.

one quick solution is to take it to an independant repairer and get a diagnostic report done on the laptop, you shouldnt have to do this until after 6months by the way.

once you have your report, take back the laptop and your report and charge them for both.

you will get back your cost of laptop and report. and shop elsewhere! god knows why people still shop at PC World.

• 3 weeks later...