Help with a project

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone I didn't know where to post this one,

It's a long time since I've posted but I've come to pick your brains and ask some advice.

As many of you whom already know me personally or are a part of my facebook I do a lot of work with and for Craig Busch ( The Lion Man )

Anyhow I've started a little project for the orphaned son of Dalu McNube who was killed by a White Tiger whilst working at Zion Wildlife Gardens ( after Craig was dismissed from there by his mother ).

Over the past few weeks I've managed to form a small group of people from facebook and offline and we now call ourselves the friends of Darlington.

Whilst the courts are dragging their heals in New Zealand over the death of Dalu we have decided to send what we call gifts of love to the home of Dalu's son in Africa.

We had a huge sucess with members of the public donating items to send and we sent our first shipment by courier lastweek - school books, toothbrushes , toys , clothes , etc not just for Darlington but to benefit the whole community.

The only problem we're facing is the high shipping costs because the mail system in this part of Africa is very unpredictable so everything we send needs to go by courier. I've come up with the idea of contacting companies to offer raffle prizes so we can do a huge raffle before we send our next shipment which will be around October time so it gets there in plenty of time for Christmas. Because this is not an actual charity I'm collecting for I'm coming up against a bit of a brick wall so if anyone can offer any tips or advice about the best way to go about this I would be eternally grateful.

If anyone is unaware of the story of Dalu here is a link from a New Zealand newspaper from lastweek :

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3979...h-orphans-case

NatWest : £857.00 won! March/07

Natwest : Witholding my statements & adding defaults etc , S.A.R sent Jan/08

Natwest for my partner : £2,101.00 won! Feb/07

Studio Cards : Refund for admin charges £108 Won! Dec/07

Complaint made to FOS for P.P.I Jan/08

Nationwide: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent for statements Nov/07 ( waiting to see what happens in the OFT test case )

Littlewoods : defaulted on CCA request Feb/07

DCA's that crawled out from the woodwork and have crawled back : 28 so far!!

My favourite link on CAG:

Click here: Can't Find What You're Looking For? Here's A Complete A-z Index - The Consumer Forums