style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

trying to tune in a tv

it worked fine in one room & i seem to have messed it up trying to relocate it & retune

whenever i auto tune it starts at uhf 21

any ideas....its driving me mad

probably something very simple but im not very technical :rolleyes:

that's correct. the start of our tv band

go the aerial plugged in?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yes cheeky!!

ive been back to kitchen & it tunes in all channels

come back to bedroom & still not working....

now it might have something to do with the aerial i bought....which i presumed was a normal aerial (male-male) but its called a coaxial plug to coaxial plug flylead

yea so's that plugs into a socket on the wall then to your tv i take it?

if so its got to be the socket on the wall is dead and not connected to an aerial then.

how is the aerial signal distributed around the house?

you must have a distribution box somewhere, p'haps the feed to the bedroom is is not plugged in?

how do you get a signal in the kitchen where it works ok?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yea so's that plugs into a socket on the wall then to your tv i take it?

correct

if so its got to be the socket on the wall is dead and not connected to an aerial then.

no because it has tuned in the tv but only certain channels :confused: also i used the lead from 2nd bedroom to test it first & it worked with all channels...then i went & got my own arial & it doesnt seem to fully tune....think i must have done something to set up?

how is the aerial signal distributed around the house?

virgin box to lounge / main tv

lead / aerial coming straight out of wall in kitchen & then sockets in bedrooms

dx

also on the text bit showing the channel it says DVB-T ....is that normal...cant say ive noticed it before

ah

right so's your in a cable tv area

right the channels that VM put down the their feed to your home are diff from the channels you can get from an aerial you put up yourself.

dvt-t just means the type of signal VM use down their cable

a tv aerial [terrestrial ] will be just that not dvt-t

dx

and they

the main tv is cable - only coz i got tv/phone/broadband package

all the other aerial sockets run off the aerial on the roof....the TV im trying to tune has built in freeview so should have loads of channels but only some are working.....yet they worked fine when i tried it with a different lead. the lead cant be broken coz its tuning in some of the channels

thanks for your patience btw :)

then its probably that the socket in that room has not beien connected properly i'e its very lossy

and some of the muxes [the channels are mixed together in blocks] are weaker than the others and thus dont make it down the lossy path

you could try a booster/

dx

and they

i think its more something ive done or this lead isnt strong enough?

ill try it again with the lead from oher bedroom....if that works then ill go & get another one from where that came from.

thanks for your help DX....im sure i'll sort it :-)

It does sound like the lead is not strong enough. It sound like u have a sign insulated lead which is more than likely the problem. U need a double insulted lead for a stronger signal.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

Hang on are u using the read made up ariel leads or making them yourself?

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

urm..well double insulation wont make a signal stronger, but what it will do is show its made of a better type of coax and thus not as lossy as cheap ones.

but it wont mske THAT amount of diff.

prob the feed to that wall socket has not had its plug put on properly at the distribution box end or the coax is not fitted properly on the inside of the wall socket

easy to fix nothing there to hurts you.

its all about the connection of the wires, the better the connection the better the signsl will pass through the systemm.

if the 'complete' set-up works ok in one room and not another and they are both fed from the same aerial/distribution amp box then it can only be the wall socket or the amp end at fault.

dx

and they

stand on one leg this time.............

dx

and they

urm..well double insulation wont make a signal stronger, but what it will do is show its made of a better type of coax and thus not as lossy as cheap ones.

but it wont mske THAT amount of diff.

prob the feed to that wall socket has not had its plug put on ptoperly at the distribution box end or the coax is not fitted properly on the inside of the wall socket

easy to fix nothing there to hurts you.

its all about the connection of the wires, the better the connection the better the signsl will pass through the systemm.

if the 'complete' set-up works ok in one room and not another and they are both fed from the same aerial/distribution amp box then it can only be the wall socket or the amp end at fault.

dx

That is not what my father in law is saying and he is a electricals expert he help design and build the first front loading VCR and helped with technology for some of the chip and pin machines he has also installed sky for a number of years.

well done.

GM.....double insulation does nothing to boost a signal and it doesn't stop it leaking out either.

it will be a better quality coax than the cheap stuff so not as lossy.

just mention insertion lose or velocity factor he'll get it.

dx

and they

he has already got it and has correct all your mistakes.

:D

dx

and they

Looks like you've got it sorted now PD but I thought I'd share this gem anyway....

I moved house earlier this month and, as the man from Sky wasn't booked til later in the week I decided to try the Freeview TV, it didn't work so I lugged it upstairs to see if it would work up there, plugged the ariel in and.... nothing! Lugged the TV back down the stairs and decided I'd have to be TVless til the man from Sky's visit. 8)

Daughter and sleeping 17 month old grandson turn up, daughter has a go at getting the TV on with no luck! Grandson, wakes from his powernap, picks up the TV remot, points it at the TV and hey presto, he's sorted it!What a clever boy!:-):-)

So, get a small child to help you next time PD!;-)

I bought 2 cheapo indoor aereals for miy kids bedroom tv's that have freeview (because we have no roof aerial). I couldn't get a dickie bird out of any of them. It would cost a fortune to get a man out to put a roof aerial on and feed it through to the bedrooms.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I have a roof ariel, well its in the attic, and have 3 tvs running of that.

Looks like you've got it sorted now PD but I thought I'd share this gem anyway....

I moved house earlier this month and, as the man from Sky wasn't booked til later in the week I decided to try the Freeview TV, it didn't work so I lugged it upstairs to see if it would work up there, plugged the ariel in and.... nothing! Lugged the TV back down the stairs and decided I'd have to be TVless til the man from Sky's visit. 8)

Daughter and sleeping 17 month old grandson turn up, daughter has a go at getting the TV on with no luck! Grandson, wakes from his powernap, picks up the TV remot, points it at the TV and hey presto, he's sorted it!What a clever boy!:-):-)

So, get a small child to help you next time PD!;-)

What did he do then or are you still working that out.