Mackenzie Hall - Who has seen it through with them?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If they do try court you can hammer therm by putting in a good defence (with our help), debt collecting is becoming harder now as more people find out their rights and pool their knowledge.

Have you been in contact with Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Trading Standards over this harrassment.... they shouldn't threaten court as they like to do.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

Tingy - Thanks for the link i will have a good read through of it, i can imagine there are plenty of avenues for making some money off them. Vanquis must be majorly in breach of their responsibilities because they harassed me about 4 times a day for two weeks despite me telling them that i didn't want to be contacted by phone and i had no money until a certain date.I just had something through from Egg as well yesterday, originally a £7k loan from years ago down to the last two payments and i couldn't afford the penultimate payment until this past payday so it was going to be about 24 days late, they hassled me constantly and after paying the remaining balance and closing out the loan i received a letter yesterday which clearly had the words 'Your arrears have' and then partially obscured 'to unacceptable levels' in plain sight of the address label. This coursed some upset with my family as this was something that i've been dealing with privately (and successfully) over the past 6 months. I've taken a photo of it and still have the original letter, i thought that this type of action was in breach of debt collection terms but with the account now cleared i'm not sure what leverage i have to get anything more than an apology, is this a serious breach worth following up?With regards to the original thing about Mucky Hall, i get emails from them every now and then but since sending the 'don't bother coming round without a court order letter' their aggressive mailing approach has declined, i also received a fairly humourous letter with lots of typing in pink talking about how much they care and coming to a satisfactory and amicable resolution is what they're after really, so please contact them to work something out... jokers!

Mucky Hall are totally incompetent. I've dealt with them by responding to them and they've eventually run away. I've also (not to be advised) dealt with them by totally ignoring everything they sent and they ran away that time too. I would not get overly concerned about them, but do complain every time you can about their actions. They are one of the lowlife DCA's at the bottom of the food chain!

Would you like me to change your thread title to something more apt such as; Mackenzie Hall - Who has seen through them?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• 3 weeks later...

Ok major update...

I received a note from Mackenzie Hall saying that my debt had been transferred to Motormile Finance and they entered into the usual pay up within 5 days or we'll come round to visit you spiel. I replied with the template confirming that i revoke their right to visit me without my permission which i do not grant and then they talked about still coming round to do a property assessment on my parents house to assess the standard of living remaining on public highways.

As a default had already been placed on my file from Mackenzie Hall i assumed that being the new legal owners of the debt they would have the power to remove it if we could come to an agreeable settlement figure. I stated how i didn't have this money but could potentially borrow from a friend outside of my debt management plan if the effect was having the default and entry removed from my file. They talked about clarifying what it was that i wanted and came back stating that Mackenzie Hall who had the default on my file would mark it as settled and that Motormile would refrain from their usual practice of registering an additional default on my file if we did settle.

At this point i informed them that this practice would be against the DPA as i would essentially be defaulted twice for the same alleged debt and they've just come back to me with a very stroppy email telling me to stop playing games and either pay up or be taken to court. I'm not really intimidated by what they've said because right now i have bugger all options anyways but i'd really appreciate it if someone in the know could look over the email trail and give me some advice about how to respond. Don't want to post the whole thing here but can PM it to anyone who is willing to take a look?

My favourite extract from their last email was this -

'I have made my offer.? Either accept it, or don’t accept it.

If not, then the next stage will be an agents visit to seek payment and if they cannot they will prepare a report on your circumstances. Whilst I cannot guarantee it, I suspect for a debt of this size the Legal Department will either obtain a CCJ and then an attachment of earnings order against your employer, or possibly even serve you with a Statutory Demand in Bankruptcy.'

my debt had been transferred to Motormile Finance
They've pushed your file across the desk to another droid in the same office.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Send the web site to Trading Standards, they CANNOT go for a garnishee order 'just like that' and it costs a small fortune for them to do so... also continual visits to alleged debtors is harrassment and can get their doorstep collection team arrested - wonder what they are taught in training.

Maybe Alan Stewart at East Ayrshire Trading Standards should step in.... he deals with Mucky Hall.

Just had this email come through - This SMS is notice I will arrive unannounced within 4 days. Karl Barton - Field Agent for MMF. Call the office for an appointment 0844 7709583 or 07970 513033

I've already told them its my parents house, what are the odds that someone would actually come round?

I will pen an email to Alan Stewart then, the worry is that i won't be there and its going to intimidate and upset elderly family members. I've already revoked their rights to be on the property but i'm sure they will just try and get round it by standing there while mum is in the garden...

If you feel in any way threatened by their attendance then contact the Police.

Also if it is you they are looking for, they cannot discuss it with your parents DPA.

So if they asked for you , they say no not in , goodbye and shut the door.

Has Muckys sold the account to this lot or are they collecting on behalf of?

Well i'm not at all concerned about meeting them myself, knowing that they can't engage in a conversation with a family member is a relief...

Will keep you all posted over the coming days...

Just had another email back, they talk about being legally assigned the debt, shouldn't that give them the right to remove the entry from the credit file if its paid off? As an example the original agreement was with Quickquid yet the default was registered by Mackenzie Hall, i assumed that the next time i pull my credit file it would be the same default just with Motormile Finance's name on it?

Actually i'm fundamentally confused here, now that Mackenzie hall have sold on my debt, will the default on my credit file from them disappear as they don't own the debt? Having never engaged with them in the first place and them having no active interest going forwards i can't see how that default can remain. In this instance my debt could be sold to 4/5 places and i'd end up with a default from each if that was the case? Please help!

You can only be defaulted once for a debt, the new owners can update the file, but the date of the original default must still stand

So the new owners cannot remove it altogether?

The credit file is marked 'default' by the Original creditor who update the information to the CRA's, when the account is sold, the OC or the new owner can update the file , NOT BOTH. so the new owner can update or Muckies,

Who ever is updating has the power to remove it , mark it settled or what ever else they want. They can only update the record the current state of the account, they cannot change the original date of the Default

The credit file is marked 'default' by the Original creditor who update the information to the CRA's, when the account is sold, the OC or the new owner can update the file , NOT BOTH. so the new owner can update or Muckies,

Who ever is updating has the power to remove it , mark it settled or what ever else they want. They can only update the record the current state of the account, they cannot change the original date of the Default

This is absolutely invaluable information, i can't thank you enough. I've just emailed them to confirm that they legally own the debt as i'm suspicious of their organisation. I've also checked with companies house and the address they use in their email footer is to an address for the dissolved company Motormile Finance Ltd, Motormile Finance UK Ltd is registered at a completely different address!

When you talk about Updating the file, potentially silly question but how can i tell who is responsible for updating the file? Is it simply the name most recently at the top of the credit entry?

Looks like you're being chased by a company that no longer exists.

Check their address and company number as shown on the email with Companies House, If it confirms this is the case then you have grounds to complain to not only alll the regulators but PC Plod as well, This could be misrepresentationat the very best.

Call me paranoid but i just got a silent phone call at about 5 past midnight from a withheld number, never had one of those in all the time i've had this number, bit too much of a coincidence if you ask me!

Call me paranoid but i just got a silent phone call at about 5 past midnight from a withheld number, never had one of those in all the time i've had this number, bit too much of a coincidence if you ask me!

I get them all the time, could be anybody, but report it to offcom if you get any more, big fines now for companies that persist in this form of harrassment.

I always answer calls from withheld and unavailable numbers in the hope someone will speak so I can take the preverbial out of them, but I think they drop the call as soon as they hear the tone I answer in LOL