Parachute Accounts

Spiceskull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

...they are obviously getting snowed under with requests for new accounts. Just received two letters regarding my applications, asking me to sign the 'enclosed' forms...only trouble is they forgot to enclose the forms...

Maybe they don't want new customers any more.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Updated:

One of them asked me to sign a form - the other turned me down after a check with Experian. Therefore, I want to know why, and have requested my credit file, as no-one has ever informed me that a notice against my credit file has been lodged...surely you have a right to be notified...don't you?

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Update (from yesterday): rang with a query, and was able to open a Co-Op Cashminder account there and then!

If you ring the Co Op on:

0161 947 7135 - they will try to fob you off with an 0845 number. Ask nicely and firmly, and they should put you through (much cheaper...)

I asked if I could open the account online, the young lady said I could do it on the 'phone. They clearly have to go through the ten minute spiel (personal details and the like) and make a couple of checks to prevent money laundering. No check against CRA (this is a non-overdraft account) - and the account is accepted.

A few days later you will receive the documents in the post (actually, mine turned up this morning!!!), sign, send proof of ID, and the account is yours...

Painless, efficient and incredibly convenient. Dare I say "well done Co-Op?"

Update (from yesterday): rang with a query, and was able to open a Co-Op Cashminder account there and then!

If you ring the Co Op on:

0161 947 7135 - they will try to fob you off with an 0845 number. Ask nicely and firmly, and they should put you through (much cheaper...)

I asked if I could open the account online, the young lady said I could do it on the 'phone. They clearly have to go through the ten minute spiel (personal details and the like) and make a couple of checks to prevent money laundering. No check against CRA (this is a non-overdraft account) - and the account is accepted.

A few days later you will receive the documents in the post (actually, mine turned up this morning!!!), sign, send proof of ID, and the account is yours...

Painless, efficient and incredibly convenient. Dare I say "well done Co-Op?"

My hubby did this and they still turned him down, we have never found out why.

Ex CAG helper ^_^

Maybe your credit file was too good so they scored you low.I have heard of someone being refused as they have had no debt ,paid all their bills on time and owed no money to anyone.Bank thought they where not a good customer as they would make no money from them.A good customerto a bank is someone who goes into debt but pays a small amount back regularly and on time.A customer like that can make them a lot of money.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Guys - I think you missed the point on this: the whole concept of the cashminder account is that they don't do a credit check because you will not be getting any credit facilities...clearly there must be an additional factor in Mr Cheddar's case...

• 4 months later...

Can anyone help with a bank account for someone who is not on the electoral register, has had adverse credit in the past and is now trying to start all over again. Recently applied for a Nat West step account but was refused even after bringing in passport, utility bill etc...

halifax: Data Protection Act sent 05.05.06

40 days up: 14.06.06 - no info received

sent lba 09.06.06 telling them they have 7 days (21.06.06) to comply

sent prelim letter, 22.06.06 - £4340.00!!

03.07.06 - offered £565 from Halifax

SENT LBA - 7TH JULY 2006

FILE MONEYCLAIM - 21.07.06!!

4.08.06 - ****** SETTLED IN FULL *******

Barclays: sent Data Protection Act 31.05.06

received some info 09.06.06, missing 3 years worth of statements- rang them, they now have 25 days to comply

sent prelim letter, 23.06.06 - £2520!!

SENT LBA - 11TH JULY 2006

20.07.06 - OFFER RECEIVED £900..... No Thanks!!

FILE MONEYCLAIM - 24.07.06

Can anyone help with a bank account for someone who is not on the electoral register, has had adverse credit in the past and is now trying to start all over again. Recently applied for a Nat West step account but was refused even after bringing in passport, utility bill etc...

Tell them to go for the one's with cash cards only and not debitcards try nationwide or the post office.

If he is not on the electoral this may be hard.

Others may have some more for you:)

DONT FORGET TO DONATE TO THIS SITE WHEN YOU WIN THANKYOU

If you dont it wont be here:x

Let battle commence!!!!!:mad:

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

Tell them to go for the one's with cash cards only and not debitcards try nationwide or the post office.

If he is not on the electoral this may be hard.

Others may have some more for you:)

Will pass the advice on, but doesn't it alter your credit rating if you apply and are turned down for bank accounts??

Thanks for the advice though....:-|

halifax: Data Protection Act sent 05.05.06

40 days up: 14.06.06 - no info received

sent lba 09.06.06 telling them they have 7 days (21.06.06) to comply

sent prelim letter, 22.06.06 - £4340.00!!

03.07.06 - offered £565 from Halifax

SENT LBA - 7TH JULY 2006

FILE MONEYCLAIM - 21.07.06!!

4.08.06 - ****** SETTLED IN FULL *******

Barclays: sent Data Protection Act 31.05.06

received some info 09.06.06, missing 3 years worth of statements- rang them, they now have 25 days to comply

sent prelim letter, 23.06.06 - £2520!!

SENT LBA - 11TH JULY 2006

20.07.06 - OFFER RECEIVED £900..... No Thanks!!

FILE MONEYCLAIM - 24.07.06

Natwest are continually calling and trying to move me up from my Step account.

They are talking about savings accounts, cheque books and overdrafts.

Poor souls, it's only an account in case the Scabbey close my other account.

I'll keep them calling, I actually enjoy having a bank chase me for business, fully knowing I'm never going to upgrade the account.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks