Lowell Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I hope you feel better after that other little rant.

Let's recap: you made unwarranted accusations/innuendoes. I explained things to you in straight bullet points. You can't accept that you are digging yourself a bigger hole the more you post on the subject and instead resort to trying to make me the villain of the piece.

Yep, sure makes ME look bad. :-D

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, just so I'm clear, we've now gone from conspiracy theories abound about the Forum Management 'supporting' DCA's, to attacking each other - this is most useful.

If you can't read the intent of this post, let's stop doing that and show each other the respect that is deserved. If you can't do that, don't post. If you can't and do post, prepare to be CAGbotted - but please don't reply ;)

• Haha 1

How come freakyleaky's signature doesn't show?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Lowells wont have achieved anything by this thread.

Yes they may have caused members to argue amongst themselves but so what?

The consumer revolution is too far advanced now in my view and the presence of a DCA on an internet forum wont change that.

The downfall of the debt collection industry in general will continue anyway regardless.

Lowells wont have achieved anything by this thread.

Yes they may have caused members to argue amongst themselves but so what?

The consumer revolution is too far advanced now in my view and the presence of a DCA on an internet forum wont change that.

The downfall of the debt collection industry in general will continue anyway regardless.

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I also feel that we are a small proportion of the people being mistreated! The time to sit back and think that we've made a big diference is when the 1st of the big DCA's collapses due to their own dodgy practices. I believe that day will come, we're just not there yet!

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi everyone,

What happened to Lou Lou 68, have you all scared her off?

It was only they're 3rd post and all hell seems to have broken out since!

Dotty, I tried to bring her back in by going back over her original post.

But, sadly she has not returned?

Maybe, the Lowell CRT template letter scared her off?

A letter, that should not have been permitted on CAG (only my opinion)...

Whilst I agree with the sentiment, I also feel that we are a small proportion of the people being mistreated! The time to sit back and think that we've made a big diference is when the 1st of the big DCA's collapses due to their own dodgy practices. I believe that day will come, we're just not there yet!

There is a HUGE amount of work happening across many, many areas - all of which with the common aim to help develop and change the way that the credit industry works. You'll always going to get firms that are entrenched in their ways, and however many codes of practice and tickings off will do very little to change them. Having said all this there are green shoots in certain areas, and I'm pretty sure lenders and creditors/dcas will soon realise that their current methods are not working very well. It's just going to take years to get to a reasonable stage, and probably some debt legislation written in to the statute books.

Time for many of us long term caggers, to take a walk back in time.

Do you remember, what you felt like when you first received a letter from a DCA?

Do you remember, how your felt when they theatened a, doorstep visit or, they may take court action against you?

No doubt, you were terrified, anxious, couldn't sleep etc...

If, you were fortunate enough and had a PC and could search the internet for help.

Bingo; the BAG/CAG!

So, you registered and posted up your particular story. Many other BAG/CAG members would have posted back and assisted you; tried you sort out your problem by providing sensible advice.

How would you have felt, if the very DCA that was pursuing you, posted up a reply on your thread?

I guess, that you would have run for the proverbial hills!

[Emphasis]: Vulnerable People.

Thank you all so much for your replies, they are a great help.

I think I will send them another letter using the templates on here as a guide, as they don't actually fit my circumstances I will just use relevant points such as OFT guidelines etc, do you think that would be the best thing to do?, I don't really want to answer that post on here from their complaints dept as I doubt that people who work for different depts of the same firm can be helpful, in fact it makes me feel uneasy that one of that lot has been reading my post.

Thanks again, Lou

I didn't see the template letter from Lowells, but maybe it has spooked her!

Such a shame if that is the case.

I rather think that she did what most people do on here, taken our advice, used the template and sent it, and hopefully ignored the pages of following hysteria and bickering, because of anything would put a newbie off, surely that would be that. :rolleyes:

If you trawl through the gazillions threads on here, you'll find that that is what the vast majority of people do: they post, ask for pointers, disappear, never to be seen again (unless a new problem arises, of course. :razz:) A lot don't even bother to say thanks, and as for letting us know the outcome, AH!

;-)

• Haha 1

Yes, a lot of the threads I subscribed to when finding CAG seemed to dry up leaving me wondering what happened.

I really need to update my threads but I get on here to do it and end up spending all my time reading other threads and posting (from my experiences) or asking more questions!

Bookworm, how do you get two quotes into one post? I was trying a couple of days ago and couldn't work it out! :confused:

Guest Mrs Hobbit

I suggested to another poster on this thread that maybe the OP was a plant. I am becoming very cynical in my old age.

I suggested to another poster on this thread that maybe the OP was a plant. I am becoming very cynical in my old age.

To my knowledge four members had the Lowell letter posted up on their threads:

magicfisher;

loobylu87;

moomoo42 and;

lou-lou-68

All joined in July.

loobylu87;

moomoo42 and;

lou-lou-68

All rhyming, all with numbers at the end, all joined July, so what.

Come on guys this thread is going no-where.

Let's get back to what this forum is here for. If they are trolls then do not let them win by getting people on here to fall out with each other.

They will be loving it.

I have no legal training, any knowledge I have has come from this forum, and my own experiences. Always balance up any advice you get with your own common sense.

Guest Mrs Hobbit

They wont love the way do debate and reach agreement hahahahaha. It must have been a quiet day in the office for them

Not having suffered at the hands of Lowells antics I've not posted on this thread, upsetting as it is.

However having just had my email newsletter from MSE, decided to have a look around their forum, my fellow Caggers - because of this thread CAG is being slated by a few posters over this Lowell business.

Thread title on MSE is

'Sad day for consumer action group'

Not having suffered at the hands of Lowells antics I've not posted on this thread, upsetting as it is.

However having just had my email newsletter from MSE, decided to have a look around their forum, my fellow Caggers - because of this thread CAG is being slated by a few posters over this Lowell business.

Thread title on MSE is

I've seen the thread, although not for a few days. It's been amazing to read that some of the forum users feel that CAG are somehow in cahoots with Lowell, that is simply astonishing to get to grips with! Honestly, I'm amazed. Of course many of our forum users have been affected by a DCA in some way, shape or form and I fully appreciate that they can behave in pretty despicable ways. I have the deal with the behaviour of many different DCA's in my day job and fully appreciate the concerns raised by everyone when a DCA tries to come and post on the forum. However, it must be said that DCA's infiltrate EVERY consumer rights forum although I known actually having one come out of the woodwork (so to speak) must have been a total shock. I don't know if Lowell will ever come back (as Bookie has noticed they haven't been back since posting on those five threads). It would be a lovely world if all of these firms could liase with their clients in a reasonable and respectful way, and in full adherence to the OFT guidance, Lending Code etc. There are plenty of firms who come onto this forum with honest intentions to try and rectify our users various woes, some have been excellent. I'm not party to a great deal of decision making but I do know that CAG has always tried to sit on the fence and offer simple, effective and impartial advice. I don't believe CAG is anti or pro DCA, I know it doesn't condone many of the actions taken by these firms. It's been pretty interesting to read some of the coments which range from understandable concern right through to wild speculation and paranoia - there are some imaginative people out there. I can't vouch for the other members of the site team but helping people in debt is my life. My day job, my hobby and is the sole reason why I'm furthering my studies. Mild sanctimony aside, I would be the first person to quit if I found out that CAG had got 'into bed' with any of the DCA's. Having said that I don't beleive fighting the DCA's is the answer, I beleive the answer is in re-education and this is starting to happen within the credit industry. The next few years are going to be very interesting but to succeed we all need to do our little bit IMO.

Sorry for the rant, it's probably really ambiguous and doesn't really get to any point but I just want folks to know that I would do anything for anyone if it helps them with their debts.

How come freakyleaky's signature doesn't show?

Because I turned it off.:)

Thread title on MSE is

Oh dear. A sad day indeed if people think for one mili-second that CAG are not all about helping people.

I agree with the comment above.

I hate DCAs but i dont hate them to a point were it becomes an obsession and it overtakes everything else.

I simply know what they are like and how to handle them but thats were the line is drawn.

Id like to think that i and most others on here have a life away from these forums :p

Yes, a lot of the threads I subscribed to when finding CAG seemed to dry up leaving me wondering what happened.

I really need to update my threads but I get on here to do it and end up spending all my time reading other threads and posting (from my experiences) or asking more questions!

Bookworm, how do you get two quotes into one post? I was trying a couple of days ago and couldn't work it out! :confused:

Read my Dummies guide (sticky in the Welcome forum) and it explains it all!!! ;-)

Read my Dummies guide (sticky in the Welcome forum) and it explains it all!!! ;-)

Brilliant stuff that dummies guide!!;):D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5078 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks