Byrom and Keeley DMP Providers - Friends or Foes

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just send the CCa requests at first mate!

You need to find out if the DCA's have bought the debts or are they acting on behalf of the original creditors.

I would hold off on the Subject Access Requests as the CCA requests will be enough to put all your 'alleged' accounts into dispute.

The only way you will become 'unstuck' is if the DCA, by some miracle, gets a properly signed and executed Enforcable Credit Agreement to you within the accepted time period.

This is about as likely to happen as me teaching my daughter's hamster to drive!

Once they fail to supply the CCA, which they will, then you can put the alleged accounts into dispute.

Then it becomes enjoyable and you will have much more cash in your smock!

RI

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

RI - Thanks sending out 9 CCAs, will hold out on the SARs in that case.

For anyone who is also wanting to send CCAs to any of the following please see the addresses I sent them to:

AIC UK Ltd, ANDERSON HOUSE, 389 ARGYLE STREET, GLASGOW, G2 8LR

CAPQUEST GROUP, FLEET 27, RYE CLOSE, FLEET, HAMPSHIRE, GU51 2QQ

IQOR RECOVERY SERVICES LTD, 33/34 WINCKLEY SQUARE, PRESTON, PR1 3EL

LINK FINANCIAL, 5 TRECENYDD BUSINESS PARK, CAERPHILLY, MID GLAM , CF 2YD

RELIABLE COLLECTIONS, 53 DALE STREET, MANCHESTER, M60 6ES

1ST CREDIT LTD, ENTERPRISE HOUSE, BANCROFT ROAD, REIGATE, RH2 7 RP

ROBINSON WAY LIMITED, LONDON SCOTTISH HOUSE, QUAYS REACH, CAROLINA WAY, SALFORD, M50 2ZY

I also found when I was looking for the addresses online that AIC UK Ltd was dissolved in May 2008. I've sent them a letter regardless as someone has been taking the money that I have been paying. If they are dissolved surely they cannot operate and collect money.:D

IQOR (the OH) - No CCA, gone away.:madgrin:

Simply Be (the OH) - No valid CCA, gone away.:madgrin:

HSBC Loan - No CCA, not gone away but who cares, they have nothing.:madgrin:

HSBC Overdraft - No CCA, not gone away but who cares, they have nothing.:madgrin:

LTSB Loan and Overdraft (the OH) - AID, awaiting result on PPI and Bank Charges complaint.

Vanquis - No CCA, gone away.:madgrin:

MBNA CC - No CCA, awaiting DSAR outcome.

MBNA Loan - awaiting DSAR outcome.

Capital One (the OH) - No CCA, gone away.:madgrin:

Sorry Royal, didn't quite make myself clear.

IMO I would continue to pay them 'something' until they have all received your CCA requests, and have had the 12 working days in which to reply, then and only then, can you 'legally' withhold payments to them.

I fear to do so now would simply give them a heads up as to your plan of action, let them fail, then you will have acted within the law.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

True!

I just wanna save the guy a few shekels AND see that these vermin get no more money!

I'm a wee bit biased!

If it were me I would stop paying yesterday as I despise them all!

However, you made a fair point and I'm sure you know more than I do as I'm still a learner!

If you are paying them all via a Debt Management company then I think the 'stopping of payments' may be easier!

One thing I do know!

If, and I mean if any of these bottom feeders have a valid enforcable CCA I'll be extremely surprised!

Hi BB and RI

Already sacked my DMP people and cancelled the Standing Order. I've only set up a few standing orders for other debts than I know I'll have to pay, first payments tomorrow for the amounts they have already been getting. I haven't got a problem with paying (the CCA recipients) them something around what they normally get, as I have most of their banking details anyway. Would you recommend the full amount or another amount? Also if they do have enforceable agreements, the likelihood that I get it via recorded delivery within the stated time, knowing my postal system, I should be able to blag it and have a dispute in regardless. If not I can just go back to paying them what they get now. Would this be right? And then the bank account ones I can SAR?

Ta

PM

HSBC Overdraft - No CCA, not gone away but who cares, they have nothing.:madgrin:

LTSB Loan and Overdraft (the OH) - AID, awaiting result on PPI and Bank Charges complaint.

As for the amounts you should pay them 'IF' they have an enforceable agreement, that is entirely up to you, this is the beauty of doing the work of a DMC yourself, you can decide who gets what and how much.

Do your own I&E to see what you can 'realistically' and 'comfortably' afford to pay them each week/month. They do not have to like it or agree to it, that is all they will get, if they really want to be greedy and put it before a Judge, then they are the only ones (Judge that is) who can request your I&E to make an informed decision as to how much you can realistically afford to pay back.

In some instances this has been the standard token payment of £1 a month and there is sweet FA the DCA/OC can do about it.

You've sacked the DMC, so now your back in control, if all you pay them is the token payment £1, until they provide you with evidence that they are entitled to collect and have enforceable CCA's then that will be good enough, as if they foolishly put it in front of a DJ now, then you are at least paying them something rather than nothing, whilst you get the information your after.

You must work out your own I&E sheet first so you know yourself how much disposable income you have each month, don't leave yourself short either, these debts are by no means a priority, no matter what these fools would like you to believe.

Beer tokens for the Colonel come above these lot!:grin:

Have you received any Default Notices (DN's) for any of these debts? Especially the Bank one?

If so can you scan and post up on here after removing all ID, addresses, bar codes, ref numbers etc.?

Correct the bank, unless it is a loan would be a SAR to see if they have added any charges which you can claim back.

As long as all the others are Credit Cards (CC's) Loans then CCA request, if any of the debts are for Overdrafts (OD's) or mobile phone accts, then these don't fall under the usual CCA request per sé, so it is always advisable to SAR these types of acct.

Your in control now, you hold the purse strings, not them, YOU tell THEM what YOU will pay THEM, not the other way round unfortunately..:wink:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

BB

I've had numerous DNs, however I was always asked by the DMP people to send everything to them, not thinking to keep a copy for myself.

I did have to installment default notices off 1st credit last month, this is what prompted me into action, as they (dmp people) get their money the day after I get paid and they obviously hold onto it until the last minute before senting to the creditors, and the payments are always late, adding more charges on.

But as far as the loan goes, the long haired colonel was told she had to have the PPI with the loan and obviously the late fees ontop. So I'll see how I go with AIC UK Ltd with the CCA as previously advised. Unless this is not correct and I need to send a SAR as there is an overdraft with Lloydstsb as the loan is aswell.

I will give them all a token quid as you say, and work out my I&E, its expensive living in Germany!!! I

will have a look into the DNs, to be honest I could mug off the wife's debts as technically she doesn't work if I tell the DCAs that, its not like they'd come to Germany to find out:D, I just pay the bills as far as they are concerned!

But thank you for the advice and from everyone else on here. Does CAG have a template I&E sheet?

I will keep everyone updated, when I start getting ****ograms and I need help! I will lead from the front and fight till the end!

Ask the DMC for all of your paperwork back, if needs be send them a SAR, but I would just ring them and ask them to send you your file containing all of the paperwork you sent them.

As for an I&E form, I'm hoping someone else will be able to direct you to a good one, but have a look at the National Debtline and see if theirs is any good as you can choose weekly or monthly budget which the latter is ideal for you.

If she was told she had to have the PPI in order to be accepted for the loan, then this is misselling and you will be able to reclaim the PPI back this will then be used against the outstanding balance of the loan and will hopefully reduce it somewhat.

Yes correct Overdrafts (OD's) would need to be SAR'd in order to find out exactly how much of the OD is made up of charges, these again can be reclaimed and used to offset the total amount.

The loan will come under s.77 of the CCA, so you can send them a CCA for the loan.

I take it you don't still bank with Lloyds?

If you do, now would be a very good time to open a new account and have your wages put in there.

Try to get your file back from the DMC first, use the nicey nicey approach if they play hardball SAR them, which unfortunately costs £10 :-| as opposed to CCA's which cost 1 dollar me love you long time:D

Keep us informed......and keep yer powder dry!;)

Hi BB,

in answer no she doesnt bank with Lloyds anymore.

And I sent an email to my DMC this morning cancelling their services and asked for all paperwork related to my account to be sent to me.

I've set up SOs with my bank to pay a token £1 but I'm having dramas finding banking details for the following DCAs if you or anyone could point me in the right direction as i've tried CAG and google'd the companies but I just cannot find the details anywhere and I don't want to have to ring the DCAs to get the details. But I will if I have too:cry:.

The banking details I cannot find are as follows, if you or anyone who reads this can either post the details on here or PM it would be much appreciated, just so I'm covering my back

:

IQOR

LINK FINANCIAL

AIC UK LTD

RELIABLE COLLECTIONS

CAPQUEST

The others get there token quid tomorrow, and I'll be sending off my SAR to HSBC and Lloyds aswell. Here is a question, do I actually sign the SAR or just type my name?

Cheers troops

PM

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER sign your usual signature, EVER!

Just print your name on all correspondance!

ie. Mr A N Other

Your signature could be scanned and added to an enforcable CCA at a later date!

Cheers RI

Will get the SARs out tomorrow aswell. I'm a bit apprehensive but I've started so I'll finish now, should have done this years ago.

PM

I have a letter from Iqor claiming that payment details are overleaf, and it's blank??

Oh well, although it is highly unadvisable to ring these telephone jockeys EVER, in this instance unless someone has their banking details, I would advise just calling them and say that you had to sack your DMC and are going somewhere else but in the interim period you need their details to maintain payment.

As for the SAR, there is no 'Legal' requirement to sign ANY document you send to them, they will often use this as a stalling technique, you are willing to collect the documents from your local branch and show them ID if required, but the time to check they were dealing with the right person was before they sent out their first threatogramme.

Don't sign it, just print your name, lets see if they misqoute the law and play silly buggers.

Just print your name on all correspondance!

ie. Mr A N Other

Your signature could be scanned and added to an enforcable CCA at a later date!ALLEGEDLY

I have never seen this Royal, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but for any company to commit such an act of fraud then MD's heads would roll and prison sentences would follow.

There simply is NO legal requirement for documents to be signed by the author, http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/248863-signature-demands-fight-back.html#post2788625

Just print your namelink3.gif on all correspondance!

ie. Mr A N Other

Your signature could be scanned and added to an enforcable CCA at a later date!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/249811-signature-tampering.html

Oh well now I can see it!

Very Interesting Link too....whats the state of play with that thread now?

Apologies mate but I and a few others on here have very strong reasons to believe that our signatures have indeed been copied/forged onto enforcable CCA's.

Although the jury is still out on this one I would advise anyone writing to DCA's NOT to use their usual signature.

Very Interesting Link too....whats the state of play with that thread now?

Capital One are still insisting it is valid and they are still investigating my complaint!

I fully expect Capital One in their usual arrogant 'above the law' way to ignore my accusations and continue to harrass me for payment.

I am still awaiting their response!

What I found most intrigueing was that when I accused CapQuest of signature tampering they couldn't get rid of the account quick enough!

They dropped it like a hot potato without any further enquiries etc.

It was as if Cap One gave the forged CCA to CapQuest who unwittingly thought they were onto a winner!

RI

Edited by RoyalIrish

Hi everyone on CAG,

don't know if this will help, but I cancelled my DMP yesterday, wife started getting phone calls tonight from someone called FTC or FCT.

One of the two, anyway, this is what I did.

Answer Phone

Hello

Hello this is Dick (whatever his name was)

Hello how can I help you?

Can I speak to xxx?

Can I ask what it is in regard with please?

No it's a personal matter!

Ok, can I take you through some security questions before we continue please, what is your name? Dick! What is your DOB?

Sorry, I've rang up to speak to xxx!

That is nice, however you need to pass security before any information is disclosed! What is your DOB?

Sorry does xxx not live there?

Sorry I cannot answer that question, until you pass security! What is your DOB please?

Hold on I'm asking the questions!

SORRY, NO YOU ARE NOT, I'M ASKING THE QUESTIONS, PLEASE BEAR IN MIND, I'M RECORDING THIS PHONE CALL FOR TRAINING AND LEGAL PURPOSES.

The FTC OR FCT people hung up!

So I rang the number back, because I'm at war now! as of follows.

Hello

Hello

Can I ask to whom I'm speaking to?

This is Peeeenas!

Hello Peeeenas, can you tell me where you are calling from please?

Yes FTC or FCT (which ever company they are).

Before we proceed I have to go through security procedures, your name please?

Peeeenas

Your DOB?

Sorry why are you asking for my DOB?

Sorry I'm asking the questions, not you, what is your DOB?

I'm not telling you!

OK, I'm recording this telephone call, it could be used in any complaint or legal proceedings against you! Please confirm your DOB?

Sorry, if I have rang the wrong number, I was after xxx, please tell me and I will remove the number from the database.

I'm sorry I cannot answer that question until you complete my security questions! What is your DOB Peeeeenas?

Sorry I think we may have the wrong number, I will remove it from our database!

Sorry, I think you may have heard me incorrectly, WHAT IS YOUR DOB? Not we have the wrong number! WHAT IS YOUR DOB?

I will not give you my DOB!

That is fine, if you call me again I will place a formal complaint of harrassment against your company, please do not call again!

I then hung up! It seems to me that they are quite willing to put you through the mill with questions, but when you put them on the back foot, they are not so forecoming! I recommend making them pass your security questions before anything. I bet they will get sick of you ringing them up and asking what they ask!!! This forum rocks!

:lol: Got me thinking about how they like to say they 'may' record or monitor calls for training purposes, and how everyone simply assumes that they might drag it up in court against you, when in reality, they state they are recording the calls for monitoring or training purposes, and not 'In the event of legal action'

So I fail to see how they can possibly use a phone recording made for training or monitoring purposes, as evidence against you in court?

Unless I've misinterpreted it??

Besides I routinely record ALL of my calls, (Thank you TrueCall)

FTC usually collect for Crapone and Crapquest..

BB

You misread, I'd said I was recording the call for training and possible legal purposes, that poor lad didn't know what to say, I have many more scenarios for them to go through, the next one is a diamond, the long haired colonel was having a right good laught when I was on the phone! This will teach them to go to battle! The first has been won, however many battles are won, but the war is lost! Hopefully not in this case! Attack and defence is not always one dimensional!

:lol: Got me thinking about how they like to say they 'may' record or monitor calls for training purposes, and how everyone simply assumes that they might drag it up in court against you, when in reality, they state they are recording the calls for monitoring or training purposes, and not 'In the event of legal action'

So I fail to see how they can possibly use a phone recording made for training or monitoring purposes, as evidence against you in court?

Unless I've misinterpreted it??

Besides I routinely record ALL of my calls, (Thank you TrueCall)

FTC usually collect for Crapone and capquest..

I'd said I was recording the call for training and possible legal purposes,

Yes I read that, but are you able to record your calls?

Besides there's no need to tell them your recording the phone call, let them dig their own grave if they ever foolishly try to take you to court.

Evening BB

No I wasn't recording the call, but if I want too I can, there is that must technology these days, and I don't mind answering the phone and going throught security, i can be just as much an arseloch as these DCAs!

I won't bother telling the next time, as the DMP people seemed a bit miffed I'd cancelled the plan today (got a phone call this evening)! It's good to know that DMCs pay bills via cheques for you, as I'd asked for bank details for DCAs for a token payment and got mugged off, THEY ARE ALL AS BAD AS EACH OTHER!

PM