Advice Needed

slickboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok

My brother owns a young landscaping business as a sole trader.

He has a business account with Barlays. Last year he got into difficulty and was bouncing cheques and DD's all over the place as (not helped by never negotiating an overdraught.). The result was charges comming in at £125 a week at one point which was killing him, and the final figure was a few thousand in charges alltogether.

He didn't go bankrupt and is now just becoming solvent and the business is doing well.

He wants to file a claim against barclays for the whole amount BUT i'm aware they could close his account and so he would need another account to run his business. He obviously has poor credit history and so im wondering if he could only get a basic account without a cheque book now as this would make life very difficult.So:-

Is it likely he'll have his account closed if he proceeds?

What options are there available if they do threaten to close his account, bearing in mind he is in credit with barclays and going from strength to strength?

Any advice appreciated, Thanks.

Guest red_ratty_rat

Hi, I used to have a Business Account with Barclays Bank which I moved to NatWest with an overdraft of £10,000 (£15,000 now)

NatWest are a much more supportive of my business and bank charges are free for first 12 months!

I suggest he moves his Business Banking

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks