Stumped, DD going out early, not on date

shoegirl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5061 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My paypal account for feebay fees has been taking the payments as e-cheques for some strange reason since November 09 even though there are funds in there to cover the payments. I check the date to see when these will be deducted from my account and make sure that there are funds in there to clear it.

Nationwide and now Co-operative have charged me return d/d fees because the direct debits have according to them tried to go out a couple of days earlier before the date they were supposed to be paid. But according to paypal the dates match the information that they have sent me.

These accounts have no overdraft facility and are basic accounts.

My paypal accounts have some flaws and I have called and emailed them and they don't accept these flaws ( they've sent me an email saying that I'm sending these e-cheques because I don't have a bank/credit card with them, I do because how would I transfer money from my paypal account to my bank account:-?).

Is there anything about the stance of direct debits. On one day the direct debit was returned but on the same day I put in the funds to cover it, is there a 24 hour period before a d/d can be returned?

I thought that when a d/d is due it takes a few days to clear on the account not the other way around clearing before it is due?

can anyone help me with this please? Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

One problem with putting money into the account on the same day that the DD's are due to be taken out is that Nationwide (as do a number of other banks/building societies) deduct all DD's, SO's and cheques before crediting money into the account.

If you want to get round this problem then you need to deposit money into the account a day or two before the DD's are due to be paid out.

Feebee_71