• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4974 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cctv, just a quick one, nine regions not giving BOS and trading standards cant fit me in until monday! any advice cheers mate

i think that is a problem with me posting the thread about bos. they have been watching the site. but it shows just how many are going to be void.

your best way is to see a solicitor. for them to right a letter to lbl is around £25. and they must reply to your solicitors letter. if not get the same solicitor to send a letter to the car auction were your car is demanding its return as there is no bos attached.

ims. i have just had another idea. to find out names of solicitors on a bos front page.

on the bottom of bos you will see a IP address please list it here.

if anyone has this IP please say so

217.40.156.25:8100

Im still waiting for a reply from the supreme court about my bos, can i ask again that if my bos was made out on a tuesday, and it is stamped on a wednesday of the next week, (8 days) that this is completely void?

I have written the suprerme court to confirm this.

CCTV; your thread has knocked me right off my chair!!!! : )

The 'solicitor' in my mind; was the person that LBL could have relied upon as their 'credible witness'..... but if the 'credible witness' was never ever party to the signing of the bill of sale or is prepared to deny any knowledge of same (easily fixed of course -I think they use a garneshee order to seize and check their bank accounts to check credits to the account and from whom they received payment) - in that 'they did not witness the 'affidavidit' - then - oh deary deary me - LBL are clearly up the lake without a paddle on this valid point of the BoS Act.

Looks like the net is closing in on unscrupulous solicitors as well - ode to the joy of the many ways to skin a cat!!! : )

Applecart

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

Hoff135

Correct - 7 days is the MAX for registration - no ifs, no buts!

Don't rely on simply 1 issue though - They could argue that it was an 'oversight' or a 'technicality' - so, I would advise that you scrutinize your bill of sale for other errors as well: i.e

Is it in the prescribed form ?

Have they stated the credit terms correctly?

Was it sworn by a credible witness?

If stamped outside of 7 days - has an application been made to rectify it in good time?

Hope this helps?

Applecart : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

hmm, this all makes incredibly good reading….:D

I havent really had time to go through all the posts, but am i right in thinking that all BOS "must" be signed by a sol?

As some of you know i had a loan secured on my vehicle from Mobile Money, which i had to pay (albeit at a reduced rate) to have settled.

I don't recall ANY of my docs being signed by a solicitor, and was just wondering if i am in a position (if it comes to it) to start a reclaim against monies paid to this outfit? or indeed if you think its worth it anyway?

original loan = £600.

Total Paid pack around £1,500

so i guess i got off lightly eh?

UKD.

Its not only that, but i understand that they have used sol named without there (sol) knowing anything about it.....I makes me wnder how far this goes back AND any legal ramifications on passed court cases...

For the price of a phone call to the sols, it may be worth it..

trooper68

Trooper68:)

Hi CCTV, bill of sale has the following:

http://217.40.156.25:8100/getdoc.aspx

just one for you all as posted on my thread:

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL WITH LBL LOAN:

Log book loans rely upon the bill of sale in repossession of your cars, Now if they rely on this to repo your car, play them at their own game.

NOTE: VEHICLE MUST BE ON PRIVATE PROPERTY FOR THIS TO WORK, NOT ON A PUBLIC HIGHWAY ETC.

Lbl use section 7 of the bill of sale to repo your car under default (they dont care if they have actualy sent you a default notice) you call the police, they show bill of sale, police say civil matter, you loose your car) as i did.

Go to the bill of sale act 1882 and print off a copy. if the repo team turn up, call the police, they will show the BOSlink3.gif the police will say its civil and they cannot get involved.

HIGHLIGHT SECTION 13 OF THE BILL OF SALE ACT 1882!!!!!! AND SHOW TO POLICE OFFICER!!!! MUST BE IN THE TRUE FORM.

I QUOTE:

13 - Chattels not to be removed or sold

All personal chattels seized or of which possession is taken, under or by vertue of any bill of sale (whether registered before of after the commencement of this act), shall remain on the premises where they were so seized or so taken possession of, and shall not be removed or sold until after the expiration of five clear days from the day they were so seized or so taken possession of.

So in right, yes they may take possession of it, or seizelink3.gif it, but they cant move it for 5 days....giving plenty of time for you to do whatever you so need to.

So if for instance the car wasnt there when they returned......Police are called.....CIVIL MATTER

• 3 weeks later...

IMS - that's brilliant information.

Apple : )

Hi CCTV,

I did what you advised and got a copy from the High Courts of BOS.

I contacted the Law Firm that was named on the BOS.

She seemed very interested in what I had to say. She asked for a copy to look at to verify her signature. This I did but to this day she has not returned emails phone calls or any thing confirming either way.

I'm not sure if this has any implication.

The BOS was signed in Penzance on 15thy Sept and was stamped on the 16th in London. Penzance being the furthest point down in Cornwall.

Can anyone suggest why the solicitor will not confirm the signature.

I have a conference call listed in the High Courts on the 27 July for my hearing to Void the BOS

While arranging this i had to get Wisemyers to confirm availability for hearing. He was available at any time.How come he is not caught up in other hearings. I cant be the only person to him LBL in Court.

Hi CCTV,

I did what you advised and got a copy from the High Courts of BOS.

I contacted the Law Firm that was named on the BOS.

She seemed very interested in what I had to say. She asked for a copy to look at to verify her signature. This I did but to this day she has not returned emails phone calls or any thing confirming either way.

I'm not sure if this has any implication.

The BOS was signed in Penzance on 15thy Sept and was stamped on the 16th in London. Penzance being the furthest point down in Cornwall.

Can anyone suggest why the solicitor will not confirm the signature.

I have a conference call listed in the High Courts on the 27 July for my hearing to Void the BOS

While arranging this i had to get Wisemyers to confirm availability for hearing. He was available at any time.How come he is not caught up in other hearings. I cant be the only person to him LBL in Court.

Hi. the best thing for you to do is list that solicitors company here on the forum full company name and address. as being part of a bill of sale. then email the company with a link to this page on this forum this will upset them no end if they are not involved with lbl. and tell them you will remove it when they have sent you the info you need. or if you post there details i will send them a letter for you.

Everytime i phoned i got told its £40 for the search and copy of the full BOS, i do have my front page, but i dont have the statement bit, i dont suppose it matters to my case however, but it would be nice to have it and to see what it says.

Just something i have found out that may be of interest to anyone that has bought a car with a LBL loan attached to it, and under the data protection act LBL are refusing to send out any information about the loan.

Under the CPR rules and regulations Section 25A, any third party that is connected to a prospective court case (which it will in most cases as log book loans are trying to collect a car belonging to third party) All information and evidence that will be submitted in that case must be provided, However you can only look at this evidence, you cannot copy it or take it away, and it has to be reviewed in the presence of a solicitor, But im sure if you contact LBL and tell them that under this law, you will be a third party and as such are requireing to see any evidence that can be produced in a court of law they have to provide it.

• 3 weeks later...