Feelingdownandout Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mould, how did you get so knowledgeble bout all this stuff?? Why do the in-house DCA's give such a hard time? so they really not care that they cause distress and fear?

Hello FDAO,

Well, they are robots, no emotions and their is no government that wants to take the creditors on, banks and DCA's can do whatever they like, they have gold and the governments on this earth love gold.

I will be going over to the midnight club shortly, are you coming along?

See you there.

Kind Regards

Mouldy

Well the midnight club is here 'Halifax taking me to court' by 'Wish me well'.

Normally doors open at midnight, but sometimes, they are always open, Halifax poisoning, all over the country, no know cure as yet, but we are working on it.

Kind Regards

The Mould

Sorry, forgot to say, its still in these legal forums.

Oh thank you for that Mouldy,

That's quite alright, anything for a Non-robot.

Kind Regards

The Mould

• 4 weeks later...

hello out there

I have received in the post a letter from BOS to say that I have failed to respond to their request to pay off the total remaining balance of £1590, so I have sent the CCA request, they would have received that over a week ago, they have since taken the usual amount from my bank account of £60 and suspect they are about to take another £40 for my other card - do I sit back and wait?

I am a bit worried about this...? help?

hello out there

I have received in the post a letter from BOS to say that I have failed to respond to their request to pay off the total remaining balance of £1590, so I have sent the CCA request, they would have received that over a week ago, they have since taken the usual amount from my bank account of £60 and suspect they are about to take another £40 for my other card - do I sit back and wait?

I am a bit worried about this...? help?

Hi FDAO,

I have had a quick read through your thread and see no mention of a Default Notice, but you state that Blair and Co are asking you to pay the full balance, have you had a Default Notice?

I personally would NOT be letting anyone just take money out of my account, they could easily make an error in the amount they request so I would get this stopped, as WMW advised in a previous post.

You have to give them 12+2 calender days from receipt of your CCA request before putting it into dispute. Have you checked the Royal Mail tracking for your confirmation of receipt?

sorry for not replying to you yesterday and thanks for the post, I need to check to see if I have had a default notice from Halifax about these accounts. As for paying my account, they have my bank card details, they have said that they dont do direct debits and this is the only way to pay? I cant stop these payments as they are automatic from my card - would I need to report my card lost or stolen? I have signatures for the letters that I sent requesting the CCA's.

is there anything else that I should be doing?

sorry for not replying to you yesterday and thanks for the post, I need to check to see if I have had a default notice from Halifax about these accounts. As for paying my account, they have my bank card details, they have said that they dont do direct debits and this is the only way to pay? I cant stop these payments as they are automatic from my card - would I need to report my card lost or stolen? I have signatures for the letters that I sent requesting the CCA's.

is there anything else that I should be doing?

STOP the payments now, If its an unrelated bank, then you should be able to block this. If they wont, then tell them to issue a new card, because there is fraudulent activity on it, get it in writing that its cancelled.

Dont be fooled by the statement that its the only way to pay, because if you must pay them, you can set up a standing order ( You control whats paid).

Are you still here? get your butt down the bank;)

OMG, now I am worried.

If I call them to ask them to set up a standing order, then I find myself getting tongue tied and on the back foot about the I&E form, which I wont fill in - dont see why I should, I know that i am paying more than 3% of the balance every month, more like nearly 5% which is more than the CCA but they wont have a stitch of it, they are saying that they will take me to court - dow do I set up a SO without having to speak to them on the phone?

OMG, now I am worried.

If I call them to ask them to set up a standing order, then I find myself getting tongue tied and on the back foot about the I&E form, which I wont fill in - dont see why I should, I know that i am paying more than 3% of the balance every month, more like nearly 5% which is more than the CCA but they wont have a stitch of it, they are saying that they will take me to court - dow do I set up a SO without having to speak to them on the phone?

Ive set up standing orders on line, so dont worry, you can go to the bank and set them up with no contact to these idiots.

But you need to get your head straight now.

Stop panicking, youve been paying, so it wont look good on them to take you to court, they are putting the pressure on for you to pay more, which you cant afford.

They always try this and most people fall for it, believe me , youre not alone, most people here have fell for the BS they spew out, until you get that first bit of courage and question them.

Take things step by step OK.

Have you sent the CCA by recorded delivery?

Have you sent them SAR by recorded delivery.?

If not to either, I would suggest you do asap

Have they responded to your CCA request and SAR request yet? What are the default dates?

They have 12 + 2 days for the CCA request, so if they havent responded, you can with hold payment quite legally.

Its 40 days for The SAR, so you most likely need to wait a bit. ( this will come in handy to see what charges theyve added later on).

They received the CCA on 29th June at 10.26, I have not sent a Subject Access Request yet - is there a letter on here for that and do I need to send them another postal order?

How do I set it up online? I worry cos things happen and I need some help and advice. Wished I had never got myself into this situation.

OK, theyve got until the 15th July to respond to the CCA then.

The SAR is important for you to see what theyve added as charges.

You'll get a stack of statements etc, Specifically ask for the original agreement as well.

Template here:-

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-

Adjust it to suit.

Then you add up their charges and this will form your counterclaim if this ever gets to court.

It'll cost you £10, but its worth it. You'll then be in a position to see where you are.

Get yourself a folder and get everything into order by dates etc. IE, copies of your letters sent (CCA etc)

It'll make things so much easier for you.

Once youre organised, you'll be able to calmly go through this

I have a file set up, just need to update it.

As far as I am aware BOS have not added any charges just Halifax (the original creditor or current one as they still have it). And when I look at it briefly it was stupid amounts of money for late payments and over limit fees, but I suspect I cant do anything about it... or can I?

Do I send the Subject Access Form now? or wait until the 15th July?

I have a file set up, just need to update it.

As far as I am aware BOS have not added any charges just Halifax (the original creditor or current one as they still have it). And when I look at it briefly it was stupid amounts of money for late payments and over limit fees, but I suspect I cant do anything about it... or can I?

Do I send the Subject Access Form now? or wait until the 15th July?

Send the SAR now; they have 40 calendar days from receipt to deliver the info to you. Then, you can calculate all late payments and overlimit fees.

It does make your head spin but you will get plenty of help here so stop panicking!

Read some Halifax threads (there's plenty) and you will feel much better as you realise how many other people are in the same boat.

Here is mine for a start.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-management-debt-self/200906-halifax-cca.html

Very important to keep all the envelopes of correspondence you get as well.

Did you find a Default Notice?

I have not kept the envelopes - I thought about it......never mind, now i know better.

I have read your thread, things have gone round the houses with you, I am worried that this is what will happen to me - they seem to come out fighting.

I will look for the default notice - the thing is that I am still receiving statements from Halifax?

I am not sure when they stopped sending me statements, I will have a look later when I am home.

I am afraid you will have to be prepared to go around the houses but just remember not to speak to them on the phone, they will stop calling eventually.

And just noticed you are from W Mids so must be made of strong stuff!

I am far from strong, I just want to pay what I owe without being pressured to paying more and more. I hate being threatened, it really scares me. I want to live my life. What do I do if they dont send the signed CCA?

Is your situation resolved now?

If they do not produce a CCA within the timescale, 12+2 days, you can then put the account in dispute and at that point you can stop payments.

However, it is your choice at the end of the day. I have paid Halifax such a lot over the years and when you realise just how much interest they have had and they still increase the rates, it made me stop and think.

Up until this time last year I had an unblemished credit record, can't say the same now, but it was my choice to stop paying. I did offer a 35% settlement which they declined. They may be wishing they hadn't now!

It is my belief that they will not take this to court as I have written confirmation that they cannot produce the T & C's that applied at the start, however they will continue to write via all the different DCA's they use but I will always respond accordingly.

So no, my situation is not resolved, but I am in control. (I think) :-)