Feelingdownandout Vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING!!!!

Ok right,

this is what to do

CCA request obviously and I would do the SAR unless you have all of the statements to add up the charges.

1. set up a standing order for what you can afford (realistically) to ABBEY

2. write a letter to abbey stating what you have done and why

3. write a letter to 1st Credit stating you are not dealing with them and suggest they contact their client for further details.

4. Sit back and wait for Abbey's response.

5. once you have got the figure to claim back re unlawful charges send letter asking for them back and the 8% ontop this will probably be credited to the alleged account, it may take a few letters and arm bending but keep at it :)

So this is what you need to do as we have now established that Abbey do still own the debt ;)

And "WOW" I know, hes an absolute star is Mouldy :)

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so if they still own it, we do what you suggested in your post earlier...

CCA request obviously and I would do the Subject access requestlink3.gif unless you have all of the statements to add up the charges.

1. set up a standing order for what you can afford (realistically) to ABBEY

2. write a letter to abbey stating what you have done and why

3. write a letter to 1st creditlink3.gif stating you are not dealing with them and suggest they contact their client for further details.

4. Sit back and wait for Abbey's response.

5. once you have got the figure to claim back re unlawful charges send letter asking for them back and the 8% ontop this will probably be credited to the alleged account, it may take a few letters and arm bending but keep at it :-)

you replied as I did LOL!

do we just out the blue set up this payment? we dont call them and make the arrangement over the phone? will they insist and do they have the right to know our I&E?

Yes set it up I think it takes about 4 working days to start, set it up for a date that is ok for you. Write to Abbey informing them of that fact and that this is all you can afford. Explain that it is over 5% of the alleged balance per month and you find that should be acceptable. then do as the rest says.

:) They wont know whats hit them hardy ha ha get your own back time now you have found this site hun ;) Just stick to your guns, you dont have to provide those details and your hubby never signed anything to say he'd pay 5% of the outstanding balance each month

does it make a difference that he doesnt get a statement every month? but it does come?

No as long as he still gets them they still own it :)

and defo gonna do as you say, unless court papers come through before that?

I'm sure they wont just move fast now you have found your feet the CCA request will put the account on hold anyway so that is a must then do everything else. :)

Ooh we have a guest, Hello there guest come and join in ;)

Ok fdao, are we up to speed with everything? CCA all of them ie 2 x Halifax 1 x Abbey, I would if you can afford to SAR Halifax and Abbey with Mouldy's wonderful letter (by the way only one £10 for the Halifax just include both acc numbers, that is defo) then follow whats been suggested ;)

Anything else worrying you?

Are you feeling alittle less worried? I do hope so, this is what they want, to ruin peoples lifes! Not everyone is just out to get rid of their debts, there are genuine CANT pays not all are WONT pays, some people truely didnt want to be in the mess and the robots ;) offer no help at all!!

will CCA everything tonight and may as well Subject access request too. in the meantime I will set up a standing order for the end of the month. Connaught have been on the phone too this afternoon. :(

My CCA letter puts a stop to all of that, it has worked many times over :D

Just refuse to discuss anything on the phone, dont answer the security questions and they cant take the call any further anyway ;)

Ok FDAO, are we upto speed now? Anything youre not sure of? dont forget to send 1st credit a letter stating you refuse to deal with them and state they need to contact their client for further details, you could send Connaught a copy of the letter. That will stop those scumbags in their tracks. If you need help just ask and I'll see what I can do for you, no problem.

Kindest wishes sent

WMW

Hi Mouldy

Have I done ok?

;) Yeehar n howdy partner :)

Well my dear friend, unlike many credit agreements, you are flawless.

Great job, top drawer Watson, as usual.

How are you, Blimey, sorry FDAO for hijacking your story.

Kind Regards

The Mould

on the contrary my dear friends - please feel free to hack away - I have arrived into the orifice this morning and for the first time in a while you have out a big smile on my face!!

I have all my paperwork this morning to write my letters, feeling a little nervous about the whole thing but it needs to be done.

how was the sanitarium last night!

I admire the fact you all logged on so late, I couldnt do it and get up for work, feel drained as it is!

Well good morning, good morning, good morning! :)

I am sooo pleased you have a big smile on your face, try and keep it there it makes it all seem less stressful.

Well the sanitarium what can I say, Mouldy has me in stitches every time, if you click on my user name and then click on see all stats on the right hand side you will be able to see where the insanity commences, he he

The feeling of relief you will get once those first letters have been sent will be priceless........can you pay for the postage courtesy of Mastercard?!

Ok chucky egg's n soliders I will be around all day so any questions just ask;)

KWS, WMW

hi WMW, have tried to look at the stats but cant, will have a look tonight when I get home.

I have to get on with the stuff that I am paid for now, but going to do the letters first.

:eek::grin:

you are a great support to me, thank you.

And you are quite welcome, we'll get you through this, and turn your into a hook a duck member of the midnight club ;):p

WHEN YOU'RE SMILING, WHEN YOU'RE SMILING, THE WHOLE WORLD, IT SMILES WITH YOU, SMILES WITH YOU!! :-D

oh god it made me smle yes!

for the first time in a long time, I have felt some relief, I didnt manage to get the letters off today as the queue in the post office was stupid, gonna do it on Monday, I going to buy the postal orders tomorrow then I may be able to enjy my wedding anniversary with some peace.