Reporting Arrears on Credit File!?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my story is that a couple of months ago I had a couple of standing orders set up and when the payments were due there was not enough money in my account so Lloyds kindly wrote me a letter saying that they were charging me 'x' amount. The charges came and went and I paid them.....but obviously forgetting that i hadnt changed the date of me standing orders the same thing happened next month and again I was going to be charged but by this stage I really didnt have the money to pay the charges. and please note I dont have an overdraft. so cutting a long story short, because of these unpaid charges that accrued a couple of months ago lloyds tsb are now chasing me for £620.00 in charges and are now reporting arrears on my credit file. what bothers me the most is obviously the reporting of the arrears......i dont understand this as i dont have 'credit' with the bank. i am prepared (and have now) to set up a payment plan with them to pay these charges but i dont think its fair that 1. i have been charged excessively and 2. the reporting on my credit file.

Is there anything I can do?

MBNA - £308.40 charges refunded :roll:

Halifax - £190.00 charges refunded

RBS - £2100.00 bank charges refunded :p

RBS - Pursuing PPI claim and removal of 3 defaults

Barclaycard - £290.00 charges refunded

T-Mobile - default removed :grin:

Littlewoods - no CCA - removed account

Forth Housing - CCJ to remove :mad:

Lloyds TSB - Pursuing refund of £800 charges

JD Williams - no CCA - pursuing

If i'm understanding this right. You have no money in the account but owe £620 in charges. I imagine they regard this as an overdraft and will add interest as such. Cant be sure though so may be worth writing and asking.