'Charged Off'-means what exactly?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5060 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Fluffy

All quiet at the moment.

Both my Halifax and BC accounts were placed with RW but after 'discussing' with each of the OC's about their errors they each agreed to put it on hold for 30 days with BC also 'agreeing' to make further investigations.

I no longer receive statements from either of them.

The worst part of dealing with these creditors is the frustration in trying to make them even consider that they just might be in error or to appreciate your point of view--or to even listen to you or to read what you have actually written in your correspondence to them.

Like most 'Average Joes' I always thought that Bank staff were well trained and fully conversant with their own operating procedures and had a good knowledge of the 1974 CCA under which the majority of their products fall, but the longer I deal with these people the more I realise what a lackadaisical and disjointed system they operate under and that their knowledge of the 1974 CCA is barely above zilch.

I came to this forum knowing next to diddly about CCA's but a few weeks reading around various threads and a bit of googling soon revealed that most of what the staff at the Banks and at the DCA's tell you is at best misinformation and at worst deliberately misleading or untrue`