£3000 on a car and 7 days after it breaks!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Done and dusted

Oi! Don't forget me!

So I take it you now have had the car taken to the dealer. What happened to"he will arrange the collection and everything for me i need to give him "a few hours to sort it all out"?

In any event, 'his solicitor' will no doubt tell him that he will owe you the recovery charge at the end of the day. And I don't suppose for one minute you got a coutersy car?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

• Haha 1

Nope no courtesy car lol.

The long and short of it was his response was we are a small company and our margins are very short you bought a £3K car and expect dealer standards of service.

I informed him no i expect you get it fixed at a cost which does not come to me.

He then mentioned if i bought a tv from tesco and it did not work then i would take it back to the shop and get it fixed or replaced. Needles to say i reminded him its not a tv its a car and if i bought it from say Sony then they would collect the defected tv at their cost.

In the end he agreed that the company would pay all charges from the garage if the warranty company refused but he would not pay the recovery charges and i should be with the RAC or the AA.

It has cost me £45 to get it delivered to the garage so its not a major amount but i will be sending the bill to him after the repairs are done. Thats for certain!!

Nope no courtesy car lol.

Then advise him that you will hire a car should you need transport while yours is off the road and you will be sending him the bill

The long and short of it was his response was we are a small company and our margins are very short you bought a £3K car and expect dealer standards of service.

No, we just expect a car to last longer than a week thats all. If you are concerned about 'short margins' then perhaps he should ensure that the cars he sells are of satisfactory condition

I informed him no i expect you get it fixed at a cost which does not come to me.

He then mentioned if i bought a tv from tesco and it did not work then i would take it back to the shop and get it fixed or replaced. Needles to say i reminded him its not a tv its a car and if i bought it from say Sony then they would collect the defected tv at their cost.

Yes, too right! But how are suppose to without a car?

In the end he agreed that the company would pay all charges from the garage if the warranty company refused but he would not pay the recovery charges and i should be with the RAC or the AA.

After such a short time of owning the car, he is liable for all losses... including recovery. Tell him to ask his 'solicitor'.

It has cost me £45 to get it delivered to the garage so its not a major amount but i will be sending the bill to him after the repairs are done. Thats for certain!!

As Conniff says, do keep us posted.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my scales at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice usefull.

Today's update is that the car is now fixed.

The warranty company called me a few mins ago stating its fixed and that they do not cover the cost of this work. The feeder pipe had popped off the slave cylinder so they have placed it back on and bled the system. They want £74 for the pleasure which i think is steep to put a pipe back on but it is Nationwide after all and they are complete sharks in my experience!

So warranty company claim its not a mechanical break down so they have exonerated there responsibility. I am waiting on the boss from the seller to call back and confirm that they will pay - he is out and about this afternoon.

So all in all £45 + £75 = £115 for a pipe that has fallen off.

Sorry SM, if they want a lien on the car until you have paid, then pay using a Visa logo Credit Card. This is not a wear and tear item and just like all insurance companies, they will rip off their own granny.

This isn't up to the insurance warranty, it is up to the seller, so argue the point with him, they under the sale of goods act and the sale and supply of goods and services are soley responsible for repairing and at their expense.

So I say again, if you 'have' to pay to get your car back, make sure you only pay with a credit card even if you have to borrow one.

I am off for a few days so I will pick this up when I get back.

Oh i will be paying on card dont worry about that! The seller has already stated that he will foot the bill if the warranty company do not pay. All be it over the telephone and not in writing, so lets see what he comes back with.