Marston Group....has anyone dealt with them? worried...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5120 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry, am I being thick here. How can you be taken to a magistrates court over an unpaid hotel bill. This would surely be a civil matter dealt with by the small claims court process.

Magistrates courts mainly only get involved with criminal matters, plus road traffic offences and non payment of TV Licence, council tax.

If I am wrong, please explain.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Guest Cartaphilus

Actually, you bring up a good point there because that's what I was mostly reading about earlier but wasn't sure whether to mention it (?). Re it being a criminal offense. But would a court fine and non-payment be classed as such?

Edit - though I am purely looking at it from a layperson's pov; looked over insolvency, directgov, cab, a few others and all appeared to draw from the same source material.

Edited by Cartaphilus

If this was handled by the Small claims court as a civil matter, then Marstons have very few powers.

This is a link to one the best advice sites for dealing with Bailiff companies.

Dealing with bailiffs - Consumer and money problems - Advicenow guides - Advicenow

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I've edited it for you. ;)

55gzh3.jpg

• Haha 1

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

there are THREE threads running on this

i'll get them merged.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

BTW:

lots of IF's or But's in that letter

unpaid hotel bill???

something funny here

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Three threads merged.

To get the maximum response from other users, please keep to one thread.

Regards, Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Guest Cartaphilus

I think maybe we also need to see the first letter? OP said

Basicaly i have had 2 letters from these guys - saying i oew 500 pounds from a court ( i have no idea what its for) and they will attend my address to remove goods at action and even if the house is emplty, they can get locksmiths to gain entry...
As they're merged, only just seen that post. Unless that's it in the image (looking at the date and so on?)

as taking percuniary advantage
Yes, thanks, makes more sense now.

Also, does this also complicate things for the OP at all?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payday-loans/259493-hi-all-i-really.html

Edited by Cartaphilus

I understand the percuniary advantage offence was repealed in 2006, when the Fraud act was enacted. Perhaps this is why so many of our MP's managed to get away with their transgressions.

Anyway the OP's conviction was prior to this, so still stands.

Having thought about this, my advice to Spikey_Ben would be to contact the magistrates court concerned (Barnet?). They should be able to help him with this, maybe allowing him to come to an arrangement to pay the relevant sum by instalments.

What Spikey_Ben should not do, is ignore this and hope it goes away. It won't, now they know where you live. If you want information about Bailiff powers, read the Advice Now link contained in earlier post. They are apparently really helpful.

As stated prior, the OP needs to contact the Court in question, immediately;

find out exactly where he/she stands!

If it is a Mag. fine, then it should be possible to sort out with the fines office?