Initial Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all! Of course I will donate. I would never have known about this without you. I have now received £7000 in bank charges, with £2000 to go, and so far worked out I am owed £1200 from credit cards! It's a change of life!

Thanks again. x

Guest Lueeze

Geez your be a billionaire soon!

Remeber it wont last long, so I'd open an ISA or something and shove 50% in there!

I hate having loads of money just for the reason that after I get it, and spend it, i feel really depressed and think i just wasted it!

Yay! Im soooo pleased anyway!

I always do that!! It's like it burns a hole in my pocket! I think I am too generous actually! But another thing this site has done is made me realise I am not alone.

I know it sounds like a cliche, but when all your creditors/banks are having a go at you, you feel like you're a leper or a criminal. All my friends are very successful and good with money, so I haven't felt like I can tell them how rubbish I am, and when you get on this site, there are hundreds of people even worse than me!!

You can't be good at everything, and I am bad at money management. brilliant at most else, I have to say. So why should I be penalised for that by banks??

Good luck to everyone! God - I've gone all USA (group hug??) x

:grin: you have uplifted all our spirts ... so (((((((((hugs))))))))) back :oops:

:) Go on ... you know you want to click me :)

:lol:don't be like the banks - give a little back :lol:

:D There was a time before CAG but now CAG is here we are the empowered! :D

In progress:

Mechs and Mother (deceased) V Halifax - N1 form filed at Court 9 Aug 06

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

This is the best news I have heard all week. Well done, I am so pleased for you. Enjoy your new found wealth.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

This is brilliant news.I am well happy for you.

Enjoy your new found wealth and have a great time.

DPA Letter sent 28 Feb

• Statements Received 24 Mar
  • Prelim sent 24 Mar
  • LBA sent 12 Apr
  • MCOL 26 Apr
  • Acknowledged 3 May
  • Coming soon:

£2810 inc int. Halifax. Done and Dusted 16/05/06

Dont forget to donate

Oh my god thats bl**dy wonderful - i'm well chuffed for u!:):D

Halifax -

LBA sent 12/05/06 for £1,232

Make a donation

Do you have a website? Add the following code to add a link to The Consumer Action Group:

<a href="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk"><b><font color="#FF0000" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">The Consumer Action Group</font></b></a> - <font color="#FF9900" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Reclaim your rights as a consumer and reclaim your unfair bank charges! Free site with letter templates and helpful forum.</font>

I am still a bit miffed that the baliffs didnt go in tho :D

In progress:

Advice & opinions of mechs, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

That's fantastic news!! Well done - just shows it's worth all the determination afterall!

laura

DPA sent to Halifax 7th March

Request for Repayment sent 5th April £407

Offer of £238 received 21st April

Acceptance of offer but not as FFS & LBA sent 21st April

Papers taken to Sheriff Court 15th May - hearing set for 11th August

SETTLED 9TH JUNE £407 + £39 EXPENSES :)

Request for Repayment of charges sent to GE money (Monsoon) sent 28th April

LBA sent 12th May

Called GE Money who denied receiving any correspondence, cheque should be sent out in the next 7 days...

Cheque received 7th June

I know it sounds like a cliche, but when all your creditors/banks are having a go at you, you feel like you're a leper or a criminal. All my friends are very successful and good with money, so I haven't felt like I can tell them how rubbish I am, and when you get on this site, there are hundreds of people even worse than me!!

You can't be good at everything, and I am bad at money management. brilliant at most else, I have to say. So why should I be penalised for that by banks??

My sentiments entirely, hey but were the banks really moaning at us nooooooo because they were earning extra from us, bet they are moaning at this site now tho LOL :D

In progress:

Since Halifax refunded my charges, two new charges appeared on my account. They both state 'as notified' but I wasn't, and as soon as I complained about the first one, it was removed. The second, however, never was, and I have been threatening the solicitor who works for them. I have just received an email stating that the refund was 'without liability' and a 'gesture of goodwill' and that they won't be refunding the £39 charge. It has really riled me, as it's like they just want the last say. Would you bother going through it all again for £39?? I am in two minds! Thanks

Its up to you or you could wait untill you accrue a few more and then do a job lot.

What bugs me is acording to their complaints booklet they like to make out they follow the banking code etc etc yet they are blatanly breaking the law and nothing is done if this was us doing it to them we would have been hung drawn and quartered by now

In progress:

I wasn't planning on getting anymore, but then I have had a few 'fresh starts' before, and they're bound to find something to charge me for anyway even if I am 'good'. So yes - I have calmed down and wait patiently fo the amount to grow. Thanks for that.

I wouldn't wait I would do each one as it comes in...it shows you mean business.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

It's money to outlay in the first instance, but of course you get it back. I think the more people who file a claim for each subsequent charge, the more likely their policy will be to refund it right away when asked, rather than go through the extra expense for a small sum of money.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

I'll see how much the claim costs are. I think I've given them enough warning!!

ah, come on give the poor guys a break, you've got the upper hand now (joke).

nah, just read this at lunchtime. it's an inspiring story for someone who has just started the procedure.. it was like a good novel: it had a cast of thousands, plot twists, drama, excitement, fear and of course a happy ending!

anyway, if you take this next one all the way give us a shout.. i live in that Halifax and can take a camera along when bailiffs go in..

Yay, good work. show em who's boss!

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks