Help with Capital One

iamtiasmom
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3307 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the agreements almost certainly unenforceable if it even exists in any form other than a scan. The reconstruction is just a copy of the t&c with your name and address at the top.

Maybe send another account in dispute this time disputing because its cack, as posted here. Then just sit back and see what happens and deal with it as and when.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/252100-05-capone-cca-recieved.html#post2831146

Yep, prepare yourself for envelopes full of drivel.

Best advice i'll give you is just relax, when I first started looking into the enforceability of my Cap 1 debt I must of read atleast 50 different posts with the exact same response.

Only difference now is that they seem to of stopped sending out the so called reverse(which was riddled with errors) and instead send out t&c.

I got the exact same response from Cap 1 and was wondering how to respond. Then I received a letter from Capquest saying they were looking into my complaint! I'll just wait and see what happens next.

Re the copy application. They go out of their way to point out it is a copy of the signature page. Why not send a copy of the reverse which they say includes the prescribed terms and conditions? Does anyone know if they merely copied the signature page and binned the originals? Certainly looks that way.

I got the exact same response from Cap 1 and was wondering how to respond. Then I received a letter from Capquest saying they were looking into my complaint! I'll just wait and see what happens next.

Re the copy application. They go out of their way to point out it is a copy of the signature page. Why not send a copy of the reverse which they say includes the prescribed terms and conditions? Does anyone know if they merely copied the signature page and binned the originals? Certainly looks that way.

Have a read of this, ER refers to Ellie Renshaw who was the name on the bottom of CAPONE letters.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/172543-just-recieved-signed-capital-47.html#post2212068

Guest Cartaphilus

Oh, joy, I bet you are waiting expectantly for those ... :D

I dare not get mine out, such was the mind shredding vocabulary used in the letters, for fear they give me nightmares trying to understand one letter to the next.

Just had a letter from CapQuest:

Thank you for your recent correspondence and confirm this account is now on hold.

An investigation into your complaint will be carried out in line with our in-house procedure and as soon as we have the results of our findings , a Quality & Assurance Officer will be in contact with you.

In the meantime, please find attached our Complaints handling leaflet for your information.

Friend Sven Lagerberg is a very confused guy!

To speed thing up (for any CCA or SAR), his direct address is:

Sven Lagerberg

Capital One Bank

Executive Office

PO Box 5281

Nottingham

NG2 3HX

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One

What should I do now?

As the letter says they have fulfilled their obligations and they're going to continue to pursue the debt etc... I'm not sure what to write back to them....

Ok after having walked the dog and thought about it for a while I realised that the second letter is in fact dated before I sent Capital One the letter stating that they haven't sent me the correct document.....*breathes small sigh of relief* all of these regulations and small print really make my head hurt, give me something logical to think about any day of the week, lol... I'm not built to understand any of this....:-S

Edited by iamtiasmom

Could someone just reassure me and tell me what is unenforceable regarding this agreement as I keep reading threads and bits from the Consumer Credit Act but it's just confusing me. Pretty Please and Thank You XXX

Have a read through http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/162851-consumer-credit-agreements-guide.html but basically an agreement to be enforceable must contain the prescribed terms within the four corners of the signed document.

Got a letter from CapQuest this morning telling me they've handed the account back to Capital One.
More than likely it will get passed on to another DCA who's further down the food-chain but they can be dispatched easily enough.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Yes, the ball's in their court now. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do I reply to this?
No the ball's in their court now but no doubt you'll be contacted by another DCA shortly. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I am a bit confused by their statements:

McGuffick established that the following do not amount to enforcement:

....Bring legal proceedings

What is enforcement then?

What do they mean by a statement of account? I know they do not send a 'Statement of Account' showing all payments made and dates. Monthly statements is NOT statement of account.

“We believe Capital One Law takes privilege over UK Law” – Sven Lagerberg – Capital One.

-----------------

By supplying ALL the documents WILL NOT answer your questions but by supplying a SELECTIVE few will. – Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Separate requests with a fee should be made to ALL relevant Data Controllers in an organisation. - Jayne Sheenan – HSBC

------------------

Our t&c's overrides ICO guidelines when reporting to CRA's - Karon A Bullock - Capital One