[Urgent]I have to pay?

ChuckyWucky
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5119 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I got an invoice today of £3.75 saying I ordered some kind of "Next Directory". Now, I'm pretty amazed at this as I haven't ordered anything, so why are they asking for payment?

On their website it says this:

A Next Directory Flexible Account ("Next Account") may be opened for you and you will be charged £3.75 for your first and each subsequent Next Directory.

The Next Directory will be sent to you twice a season while you remain an active customer of Next Directory. You may cancel the next issue by contacting Next Directory.

To open a Next Account you must be over 18 and a UK resident.

You understand that a Next Directory Card may be issued to you to allow you to use your Next Account in store to purchase items.

Purchases from the Next Directory will be charged 10 days after the goods are despatched to you and transactions in store and purchases of Gift Cards/Vouchers, Flowers, wine, photographs and Photo Art will be charged to your Next Account normally within 1 day of purchase.

When you apply to open a Next Account, a Credit Agreement will be sent to you and you must read this carefully, sign both copies and return one copy to us.

Next reserves the right to withhold all orders until it receives a signed Credit Agreement from you.

The issuing of a Directory Card is subject to the status of your account. Purchasing goods with your Directory Card is subject to the credit limit of your Account, which is variable. Collections and returns are available in most stores (excluding our airport stores) but are not available on first orders, for sofas and selected items. Store transactions will be charged to your account normally within 1 day of purchase, returns will normally be credited to your account on the next working day. We are unable to accept the return of certain items to the Next Directory and through our stores (including our airport stores). Items will be detailed on your account statement.

Of course, I need to phone up and tell them something, as I do not want to pay the £3.75 and I don't even want the Next Directory!

I have found this link:

Next: Official Site - Request A Directory

Which means anybody can put in details and order it!

So, Firstly, I haven't even opened this directory account thing, I'm guessing some idiot has just put in my details and signed up which is pretty stupid as I was asked for no confirmation or anything like that.

Second of all, it is addressed to me and I am still 17 (18 in October) so I can't even open an account? The letter/invoice is addressed to me, so what can I do?

I guess phoning Next Directory would be a good option? But what would I exactly say?

Hey Consumer dude, I have a free number rather than using the premium number so I don't mind phoning up of course.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I don't even have the directory? :S So what can I do? It's pretty annoying Next should confirm before they send stuff and charge people :@!

Hey Consumer dude, I have a free number rather than using the premium number so I don't mind phoning up of course.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I don't even have the directory? :S So what can I do? It's pretty annoying Next should confirm before they send stuff and charge people :@!

So you have an invoice but no goods which you did'nt order in any case. I personally would ignore it but as its a free phone number you could always phone them up if you wish..

So you have an invoice but no goods which you did'nt order in any case. I personally would ignore it but as its a free phone number you could always phone them up if you wish..

Yes, that is correct. But you see, I don't want them chasing me around for something that I don't owe!

I mean, I am 18 soon in October, and they'll probably come after me then. I hear that if you do not pay they increase the ammount and can even take you to court?

I just sent them an email using the contact form on the website, and it said:

In most cases we will reply to your e-mail within 24 hours if received between Monday to Friday and within 48 hours if received at the weekend. If it is not possible to resolve your enquiry within this time however, we will respond to let you know when you can expect a reply.

I followed this post:

Next directory charging £3.75 for a catalogue I didnt ask for. - HotUKDeals Forum- (This post is dated a month ago!)

Yes, that is correct. But you see, I don't want them chasing me around for something that I don't owe!

I mean, I am 18 soon in October, and they'll probably come after me then. I hear that if you do not pay they increase the ammount and can even take you to court?

I just sent them an email using the contact form on the website, and it said:

I followed this post:

Next directory charging £3.75 for a catalogue I didnt ask for. - HotUKDeals Forum- (This post is dated a month ago!)

What did you say in the email ?

What did you say in the email ?

I told them that I never ordered the directory and I asked why they sent an invoice of £3.75. Adding on to that, I told them I am still 17 and not 18 which means I don't meet the T&C to order a directory. At the end of the emails I said "I await your reply in urgence".

Let's see what comes out of this, never really dealt with Next customer services before, we'll find out today!

I told them that I never ordered the directory and I asked why they sent an invoice of £3.75. Adding on to that, I told them I am still 17 and not 18 which means I don't meet the T&C to order a directory. At the end of the emails I said "I await your reply in urgence".

Let's see what comes out of this, never really dealt with Next customer services before, we'll find out today!

Sounds like a good email to me, Nothing is likely to come of it anyway..

Sounds like a good email to me, Nothing is likely to come of it anyway..

You think so? I mean, contacting Customer Support and standing my ground has worked in the past! Anyone got experience with Next here or any employees?

I'll give em a ring once I get home, but anymore ideas?