northern Bank charges reclaim **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lickthewallfatboy,

When I Wrote Off My First Letter I Was In Such A Bad Temper I Had Not Done The Necessary Ground Work And DID NOT SAY THE INFORMATION WAS BEING REQUESTED UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION ACT, The Bank Said This Was Not Viewed By Them As A Legal Request Although When I Discovered My Error I Sent Them £10 And Made Sure The Second Letter Did State That The Information Was being requested under the Act - Do You Think Their Right?

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i was told by COMMISSIONERS OFFICE THEY CANT DICTATE FORM THAT MONEY IS PAID TO THEM AS THERE IS NOTHING TO SAY FORM OF PAYMENT IN D.P.A 1998 ALTHOUGH THEY WILL USE IT AS AN EXCUSE TO USE STALLING TACTICS. THE WAY IM LOOKING ON THIS AT THE MINUTE IS THEY'VE TAKEN MY SILVER SHILLING AND STILL NOT COME UP WITH THE GOODS. THEREFORE THEM ACCEPTING THE £10 MEANS TO ME THAT THEY HAVE ENTERED INTO A LEGAL AGREEMENT OR ELSE THEY HAVE PERPETRATED A THEFT!

Sorry misunderstood your resonse until I read it again, you see I actually sent them a £10 NOTE THINKING THEY COULDN'T REFUSE and I do know that they accepted it in a roundabout way although a snooty staff member told me they didn't have to as they don't accept cash(they must be joking they are a bank).

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 09 March 2019.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

• dx100uk changed the title to Northern Bank