:Credit Card defaults since 2005

sarajonsey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reply from another creditor today (Barclaycard)

In response to the letter Cerberusalert told me to send ...saying the information they sent did not satisfy my request.

This is what they sent me as a response to CCA request

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Barclaycard/scan0008.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Barclaycard/scan0009.jpg

together with a separate T&C leaflet.

There was NO application form or any agreement enclosed....sorry to sound stupid , but are they saying they have enclosed it (and havent) or are they saying what we are sending you is enough info, we dont have to send you one??? (confused)

This is todays letter....

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Barclaycard/scan0013.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Barclaycard/scan0012.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Barclaycard/scan0014.jpg

Shall I send them the same letter you told me to send to MINT?

or is this different?

Edited by sarajonsey

No ignore them for now, they are just sending you the same bumf they sent you earlier. just wait to see what they send next. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

• 2 weeks later...

nope ignore them now

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As you may remember, I had a reply from Lloyds back on 14th May which was the usual bumf...Thank you for your complaint ...we are looking in to it, but due to the high volume of such requests we may need more time,we aim to contact you in eight weeks bla bla bla...

They were sent the account in dispute letter after the 12+2 and have heard nothing from them since...until Friday morning.....when this letter came from SCM solicitors threatening court action and extra fees to be added to debt.

Any advice please?

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Lloyds/scan0021.jpg

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Again it's an application form which does not contain any of the prescribed terms under CCA 1974 nor the 'right to cancel' under CCCA 1983 so unenforceable.

Yes they have sent a reconstituted agreement which shows what your agreement should have looked like, but you could send them a photograph of a £50 note saying 'this is what payment should look like' & it would have the same meaning.

If they try to enforce this through the court you could bring them to 'strict proof' whereby they would have to produce the original signed agreement containing all the prescribed terms.

You could send them the letter in post #50 too. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a reply today from Capital One.....they also enclose a "reconstituted copy" of the agreement

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Capital%20One/scan0033.jpg

once again it seems to be just an application form with no prescribed terms, no credit limit etc.....they also sent pages and pages of terms and conditions , past and present.

Unenforceable again by the looks of it.

Letter #50 going off in the post again today I think.:D

Yes send the letter. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Been away for 10 days visting parents, just got back to a couple of letters on the doormat.....one letter regarding RBS ADVANTA/MINT (posts #49 & #50) Moorcroft Debt Recovery Ltd. has now sent a formal demand for full payment in 7 days before commencing litigation......

And another letter in response to post #58 asking me to contct with a realistic payment proposal no later than 21st July to prevent legal action.

However, they have quoted one ref. no on letter and another Lloyds Card number on the reconstituted agreemnent (will post up tomorrow to get it checked out)

Edited by sarajonsey

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

standard threat-o-grams, nothing to be worried about.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks both, have been really worried since coming home with these letters threatening court action, its really frightened me couldnt concentrate on anything yesterday was just worrying all day.

Another letter this morning....Capital One account ... in reply to the letter Cerberusalert told me to send....more threats......here is letter and the copy of the Credit agreement....

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Capital%20One/scan0038.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Capital%20One/scan0039.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Capital%20One/scan0040.jpg

http://i1028.photobucket.com/albums/y350/Kazza_07/Capital%20One/scan0033.jpg

Should I reply to this?...or just ignore?

What action should I take?

Edited by sarajonsey

std garbage just like the rest.

dx

and they

When is a credit agreement not a credit agreement?

When it's an application form which doesn't contain any of the prescribed terms. ;~)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Its been quiet for a couple of weeks, but suddenly having a continuous stream of letters from a few DCAs Moorcroft is one

and the other is Credit Security ltd threatening impending litigation......I have sent both letters saying that

these accounts are in dispute, should I continually keep responding with letters (its very time consuming)

or should I simply ignore?

They are trying to grind you down.... ignore them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

After a relatively quiet time , out of the blue one day last week, a debt collecter knocked the door and said he was sent by MINT to recover the money owed, I told him the account was in dispute......and he said ok and went away....I worried all weekend and thought I must get back onto CAG and ask for advice, I notice this morning there are alot of new posts saying that things have changed with regards to enforceable agreements.....is this right.....what do you think I should do?

dont worry

carry on ignoring them

they are chancing their arm to see if they can catch you out

the door knocker would know nowt about the history at all

dx

and they