0845 3512271 barclaycard chasing Helpppp

UnmoderatetheNet
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So far had 6 calls from this number, I've been on whocallsme.com but who are these jokers and where does the harrasment letter go?????

Over on whocallsme there is some suggestion its Barclaycard but then someones said they are in India?

Where does the telephone harrasment letter go if they call from India and what if they are in india is this another DCA trick to avoid telephone harrasment letters.

Help I'm getting mobbed there goes my phone again thats twice today and its only 9.20 Arghhhh.

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

answer it and say you will get the person they want then leave em on hold - they soon get bored

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

yep its barclaycard

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

This is from thier website . . it may help

Customer Relations

Barclays Bank PLC

1 Churchill Place

FREEPOST

RTLA-CSUE-TCHC

London

E14 5HP

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

thx but what is the postal address if they are calling from india????

It makes no difference, send it to their UK head office. Or even better the address revs posted for you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 4 months later...

Sharkycard sent me a letter telling me that crap quest are the 'NEW LEGAL OWNERS', am I having a blonde moment does this mean that barclaycard sold the Unenforceable debt to capquest?

If this is the case should I have received somwthing that shows that capquest bought the debt?

if not what does 'new legal owners mean'?

Seems like they have sold it on,have you had a default notice or any other letters

from the original creditor, how old is the debt and when was the last payment or

acknowledgement of the debt made.

If not the usual CCA letter is the first move.

Do not phone them!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

If they haven't given you notice by recorded delivery then it's important not to acknowledge any letters from the new creditors. Have a look for posts on notice of assignment.

Here's something I did for somebody else that should explain all of the background

The Assignment of the debt

17) It is not admitted that there was a lawful assignment. The Claimant is put to strict proof that the assignment was lawful and is put to strict proof that sufficient notice thereof was served upon myself. Without this proof the Claimant has no standing before the court.

18 ) The Law of Property Act 1925 is the relevant act that deals with the assignment of debts.Section 136(1) requires that for the assignment of a debt to be effective, express notice in writing must have been given to the debtor:-

136. Legal assignments of things in action.

— (1) Any absolute assignment by writing under the hand of the assignor (not purporting to be by way of charge only) of any debt or other legal thing in action, of which express notice in writing has been given to the debtor, trustee or other person from whom the assignor would have been entitled to claim such debt or thing in action, is effectual in law (subject to equities having priority over the right of the assignee) to pass and transfer from the date of such notice—

Section 196(4) prescribes the requirements for giving sufficient notice by post:-

196. Regulations respecting notices.

(4) Any notice required or authorised by this Act to be served shall also be sufficiently served, if it is sent by post in a registered letter addressed to the lessee, lessor, mortgagee, mortgagor, or other person to be served, by name, at the aforesaid place of abode or business, office, or counting-house, and if that letter is not returned[by the postal operator (within the meaning of the Postal Services Act 2000) concerned]undelivered; and that service shall be deemed to be made at the time at which the registered letter would in the ordinary course be delivered.

19) It is noted that by the Recorded Delivery Service Act 1962 a recorded delivery letter is equivalent to a registered letter and that under the Postal Services Act 2000 Schedule 8 any reference to registered post is to be construed as meaning a registered postal service (eg Royal Mail recorded delivery or special delivery).

20) For the assignment of a debt to be effective and so giving the Claimant a right of action a valid Notice of Assignment must have been sufficiently served on me using a registered postal service pursuant to s196(4) before court action was commenced. The Claimant is put to strict proof that any notice of assignment was sufficiently served on me. Without this proof, the Claimant has no right of action.

21) Further, it is submitted that the mere fact of giving a notice does not, of itself, create an assignment and that there must be an actual assignment in existence. It is the actual Assignment, not just the Section 136 notice, under which the Claimant derives title to bring the claim and the Claimant is put to strict proof that such Assignment exists.

22) It is further submitted that, in any event, I am entitled, as a matter of law, to be provided with a copy of the alleged assignment (Van Lynn Developments v Pelias Construction Co Ltd 1968 [3] All ER 824).

23) It is not admitted that the Notice of Assignment is accurate in any way. To be valid it need not contain the date of an assignment or indeed the amount of any debt, however if those matters are contained in an assignment it is submitted that, for the notice to be valid, they should be accurate. (W F Harrison & Co LTD v Burke 1956 [2] All ER 169)

Thats really what I meant I've had no NOA and i've been playing account in dispute, bemused letter tennis. At the end of the day its unenforceable so i don't see another nail in the coffin making much difference.

what's disgusting is i'm the last one to I hear from OC and only after I complain, surly I should be the first to know my debt has been sold not the last.

Is it worth mentioning the NOA in my next letter to crap quest.

Sharkycard sent me a letter telling me that crap quest are the 'NEW LEGAL OWNERS', am I having a blonde moment does this mean that barclaycard sold the Unenforceable debt to capquest?

If this is the case should I have received somwthing that shows that capquest bought the debt?

if not what does 'new legal owners mean'?

Well, in Law, this is a notice of assignment. You've been informed in writing. it doesn't matter whether the DCA **** or the Original Creditor does it. You won'[t get a deed of assignment, butthey will have to produce that in Court if you say that they're not enrtitled to collect

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Hi

Subbing with interest!

Apologies in advance but was wondering if someone could take the trouble to clarify the following for me.

I have received in post a letter informing me that from the date of the letter, under a written agreement with OC they have purchased my agreement.

It then goes on to say, "This means OC have transferred to us the outstanding balance as at the date of this letter together with all their rights and interest in the agreement with you. This is our formal letter to you notifying you of the transfer.

From now on you must make all payment to 'us'

Ok, so i assume from this I now pay them not the OC.

Confused as I am now being taken to court by the OC??

Can anyone add their thoughts??

Hi

Subbing with interest!

Apologies in advance but was wondering if someone could take the trouble to clarify the following for me.

I have received in post a letter informing me that from the date of the letter, under a written agreement with OC they have purchased my agreement.

It then goes on to say, "This means OC have transferred to us the outstanding balance as at the date of this letter together with all their rights and interest in the agreement with you. This is our formal letter to you notifying you of the transfer.

From now on you must make all payment to 'us'

Ok, so i assume from this I now pay them not the OC.

Confused as I am now being taken to court by the OC??

Can anyone add their thoughts??

this isn't exactly subbing this is hijacking and i think you would be better placed to start a new thread.

What I was dealing with here is an OC selling the the debt to DCA yet not informing the debtor of such and then the steps a debtor can take to regain control of the situation

thanks

i need to clarify this

have you received a county court n1 claim form

what date does crappyquest state the debt was assigned to them or barclayshark sold it to crappyquest

Yes received from courts N24 form with POC attached

ok crappyquest actually took over the original creditor. They wrote and informed me of take over. BUT in May this year I received another letter from a DCA that I quoted from above, where the DCA state they bought the o/s debt and aquired all legal rights.

BUT it is not the new DCA taking me to court, its the creditor they bought the debt from ?

I have started a new thread and would appreciate any help as trying to put together my defence. reading and re-reading all teh relevant post /threads I can find is making my head spin lol!

And like I said I am confused. !!

Have made a post here but no one replied yet .....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?275170-court-papers-received-from-original-creditor-but-debt-legal-rights-assigned-adivce-and-help-please!&p=3108098&highlight=#post3108098

Anyhow I appreciate any thoughts