A&L current a/c - credit record

sirose79
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

I was recently charged £25 on two separate occasions for exceeding my A&L overdraft limit as a result of the timing of BACS payments into my account. I am currently preparing a preliminary approach letter, and was wondering whether the default notice section applies in my case. Can I ask for them to take the default entry off of my register even though I exceeded my overdraft limit before having any charges applied to my account? Or do I have to accept the default notice and just claim the charges back?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I too was charged £25 for going overdrawn over my overdraft limit (because they'd charged me £34 for an unpaid dd) and I have a default on my credit report because of this. So they probably have defaulted you too.

I'm just gong to put in a preliminary letter too, good luck with yours............

If you have been defaulted or have some other negative entry against you on the credit register which has been placed there soley in respect of a default charge

then I would recommend adding this to your claim and including it as a cause of action on your Count Court Claim form. This is especially so in post-1995 bank accounts as these are specifically affected by the OFT's ruling on penalty charges published last week.

You will have to do all of this on an N1 not through moneyclaim

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks