Welcome Finance car repossessed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4284 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I am looking for some advice regards to my car being repossessed today. It goes back to the 23/02/2010 they sent me a default notice and I tried to contact my local branch to sort something out, but the phone was ringing and ringing with no answer. It was past the 14 days when i finally got through. I spoke to someone, who agreed with my repayment plan, but said that he had to get the manager to accept and he would phone me back the next day. Anyway they never phoned me back and i tried to call them again, with nobody answering again, i went onto the website and got another number, which I tried to phone all weekend and never got to speak to anyone. i returned home today from work, to find the car had been taken. They smashed the window, and ripped the inside apart in places, and took it, with NO Pre possession order. Is this legit? I then checked my credit file and there is no credit agreement with welcome, which isn't settled, let alone a default. Does anyone know where i stand with all of this?

hi paulsaz

i assume the date you refer to relates to the defualt notice

have you paid a third, if so they should not have taken it without a court order

post your default notice minus personal details as i am aware welcome often get this wrong. i am sure somebody will be able to elaborate on this point

essexboy

No! haven't paid a third. And there are 2 bits with two different dates.will post them in a bit.

Does the fact that it is not on my credit report at all mean anything?

• 2 weeks later...

hi

Really need help, received letter from Welcome /finance "without prejudice" in order to protect our interests your hire purchase account has now been terminated, and full balance is now payable!!!

I have rang Welcome this afternoon to be told that they have applied for a court order for repossession, I advised that we have only 7 months left on agreement out of a 4 year hire purchase loan, WF advised that we have arrears of £609, December 2008 we made an agreement to pay an extra £20 per month and this would cover arrears, now they want all the payments and will not let me pay extra each month!! I was told by call taker that welcome had gone bust and were winding down over next 2 years, so i said basically this is the company making sure they get their money and he agreed. I was also told that i have no right to appeal with court even though i have paid £340 per month for over 3 years, IS THIS RIGHT??? ARE THEY ALLOWED TO DO THIS???

Hi there, Welcome can ask for what they want - but it doesn't mean they will get it!!! There is no way a court will give them possession of the vehicle when you have only 7 months left on the agreement and you can pay extra to clear the arrears. You need to send them a letter by recorded delivery making your offer of payment, if they do proceed with a court claim you can show the court you are willing to pay but they are refusing - the judge won't like that!

If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll happily draft one for you.

Try not to worry too much, they won't get the car if you can pay monthly installments.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi

thanks for your reply they told me yesterday that they have applied for a court order and that i can not appeal, i currently am paying £340 per month, when i asked about clearing arrears of £609 they said i can't i have to pay the balance of £3100, to date i have paid £12,700 the arrears are from over 15 months ago and i agreed to pay £20 extra in my payments to clear this by end of hire purchase, they said it was not enough even though at the time Dec 2008 we were told it was. Is it right that a court would just give a court order without contacting us??

Hi there, Welcome can ask for what they want - but it doesn't mean they will get it!!! There is no way a court will give them possession of the vehicle when you have only 7 months left on the agreement and you can pay extra to clear the arrears. You need to send them a letter by recorded delivery making your offer of payment, if they do proceed with a court claim you can show the court you are willing to pay but they are refusing - the judge won't like that!

If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll happily draft one for you.

Try not to worry too much, they won't get the car if you can pay monthly installments.

Please see my post above -

No - a court will not give a court order without you being aware. If you get court papers you can defend and we will help you with that.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, affixed is the letter for Welcome. You need to put your address at the top and also insert your account number at the start of the letter.

Make sure you keep a copy of the letter (very important). Send by recorded delivery and check on the royalmail website in a few days to print off the s ignature receipt. Staple the receipt to your copy of the letter and keep in a safe place- we will need that if they proceed with a court claim.

Anyway, I think the letter will do the trick. In any case, there is no way a judge would give them possession of your car when you have only 7 months left of the agreement.

Sandean Welcome letter.doc

Ell-enn, any chance you that you could pop into my thread (link in post above) and see what help you can give me?

I've had my car repossessed (paid less than 1/3) on the back on an invalid Default Notice and want to know how to proceed...a few people are giving me advice already, but would welcome someone with a bit more knowledge weighing in...

cold up north have a look at my thread from around page 3 onwards (its confusing before then due to having 2 agreements on there lol) see if there is anything you can use there ;) if i can help at all just shout i too had my car repossessed without paying 1/3 on the back of a defective default..

Help with Welcome Finance - The Consumer Forums

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have had a car on finance with welcome finance for 5 years,, after about 18 months I got into a bit of arrears and missed about 6 payments,, I finally sorted myself out and got back on track with my monthly payments of £180,, I then received a call from an advisor saying that if I upped my monthly payments to £200 this would remove any outstanding amounts for the rest of the time remaing on the finance, I did this and when the hire purchase should of finished I rang to make sure the balance was going to be settled only to be told that I still owed £1300, this was because I had arrears and that interest had been added to this for 3 years!!! Without them contacting me, and when they did they only asked me to raise my monthly payments to £200 ( an extra £20 a month),, I did queriy this and got in touch with the ombundce man and after about 8 weeks I had £300 removed,,,, but!!!! A couple of weeks ago I went to part exchange my car for a new one when the sales man asked if I had bought the car on finance I said yes and that the last payment would be paid before the new finance went through.......he said well mate I have just done an hpi check and it shows that the finance has been cleared and paid,,,he told me that he uses this service when part exchanging any car, he then told me to contact my finance company and find out what was going on,,,, I did this and they said they have done there check and there result shows there is still finance outstanding, I have a copy of both reports there's by experian and the sale and by hpi themselves,,,,,I decided to cancel the direct debit and have had nothing but phone calls constantly every day 4-5 times a day,,,today I received a letter saying that the wanted to know where the car was being kept and that I had 3 days to tell them, otherwise I was breaking an agreement,, what does this mean and if I only owe them 1 months money can they take the car back,,, also I only owed the £10500, and have paid nearly £12500 what with this extra interest they added and I have had enough, can I take them to court or do something just to give the snarly women on the Ned of the phone some of her own medicine, oh and I know they have gone bust welcome finance and they are desperate to get all the money owed but there taking the ****,,,, many thanks Jamie