Acer Aspire 5732Z Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello to all that read!

I bought the Acer Aspire laptop in January and its decided to completly mess up on me and wont work. I never took out guarantee, and I dont have the boot disk for it, nor the receipt. I still have the box and a couple of none important booklets. Im unsure now of what to do, as it seems i think it can only be fixed by purchasing a boot disk for it or getting it repaired. I was just curious on where I stood here as far as the purchase of it from Argos.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

matters not you dont have to take out a guarantee, you automatically get 12mts warranty from the manu

however, that matter not either.

under the sale of goods act argos are resonsible for its repair for a 'resonable period' and 3mts is not resonable, more like +3yrs.

your 1st port of call is to take it back to argos and request it is fixed.

we have a nice gent on here that works for them

i'll ping him and get him to pop in to the thread and help you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

matters not you dont have to take out a guarantee, you automatically get 12mts warranty from the manu

however, that matter not either.

under the sale of goods act argos are resonsible for its repair for a 'resonable period' and 3mts is not resonable, more like +3yrs.

your 1st port of call is to take it back to argos and request it is fixed.

we have a nice gent on here that works for them

i'll ping him and get him to pop in to the thread and help you.

dx

Arrrr m8 your a legend man thank you. Il speak to your guy off here first, explain everything to him or tell him what he needs to know then il go back to them. I dont have the receipt though, wont that effect me?

Thanks again guys!

no bother about receipt, they can trace the sale, did you do it by card? that will show if needs be.

the gent's not online at present but he is on everyday, so you should hear from him tomorrow

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No it was cash - £400 lool. Thank you dude, youve been awesome. I really meen my thank you, Il make sure and be online around midday to check, I know the sooner I get it taken in, itl be fixed I guess.

Thank's again mate

legally you do not need any type of proof of purchase, they should easily be able to trace the sale by the serial no.however, did they take any details of your name etc, they often do ask at the till.

and they

Hey there, sorry tiring day. With regards to tracing a sale the serial number is not linked to a sale, however if it within 3 months the sale should hopefully still be on the system. If you know which day the item was purchased they may be able to bring that up. No names are taken, the box and date should act as proof of purchase.

Also on the box there should be a sticker on the top with a number for technical support. We usually ask that you contact them first before bringing it into store (Don't ask me why, our repair system even seems to tell us to contact technical support). They can then judge if it is a repair/replacement job.

January sales should still be kept on the system (its usually purged every 3 - 4 months), you will require the exact date though, and also go back to that store.

What is the fault by the way? If you provide some more information, I might be able to offer some advise.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Well basically it wont boot up, It goes onto a Acer recovery management screen and doesent do anything. I dont know of anything else that i can try. Did you mean Ive got to remember the exact date i went in and bought the laptop?

sounds like a hard drive issue.

could be fixed by taking it out and putting in a USB cradle on another PC and running chkdsk c: /f /r

but why should you.

its faulty, let argos fix it.

dx

and they

Yes unfortunately, as hard as it might be. You need to show that you purchased the item from Argos and didn't come across it any other way. The box goes a long way to helping show it came from Argos (do phone the number on it), however for items of high value we do often require something which shows a confirmed sale.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

they will have your name and address as they always ask 4 this with electrical items so they can try and sell u a warranty further down the line

If I have been of help to you please feel free to click my scales to the left Thanks.:)

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is what I have learnt here and offered as a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

CARTER V Co-Op

BANK CHARGES

REFUNDED £3567

POMPEYFAITH V Co-Op PPI

OFFER MADE BUT REFUSED

ONGOING AND STILL ONGOING

NOW WITH THE OMBUDSMAN

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

I would still try to get it repaired, you might find a sympathetic duty manager who will help, have you tried the number on top of the box. Take it back into the store you purchased it off and you might be lucky, they might take a date period but it is down to the manager. You can also try contacting customer services, for the cost of the product I would try everything before giving up.

If you have the details for the Microsoft license you can try downloading the software, otherwise you might be able to find it on the manufacturer website or even asking them for it.

@pompeyfaith - The only time customer details are taken are for home delivery and anything that can view or record TV (We legally have to take those or are liable for a fine). Customer details are not taken for general electronics including laptops. Argos works on the basis of speed of service and capturing details would slow this down.

Have you tried the tech support number that blitz mentioned?

If you cannot get Argos to sort it, you can always contact Acer.

Edit almost simultaneously posted with blitz, and I just echo his thoughts :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Also, an idea I had... did you withdraw the £400 from your bank on the day you purchased it? Maybe that'll jog your memory as to the date?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

hey that mans got brains

well done .......

dx

and they

Let us know how you get on with Argos. I'm sure it'll all be sorted quickly. Also, shameless plug for a tickle on the scales of all who have helped:p

to

C.A.G. Toolbar