Wat now! Offer made... !?!

skinswins
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys will start a new thread on this...

Been looking at the site now for a while fantastic!!

Sent off my prelim letter two weeks ago got a nice reply today in the post.

Basically only got a limit of £200 current balance around £190 and they have made me an offer of £185 and sign to say i won't proceed further.

However I total they should owe me around £460 and with interest £550 (with interest from spreadsheet).

What should i do cut and run or proceed?

Rgrds

P.S Keep up the good work guys!

I would proceed!, the very fact they've made you an offer is, in my eyes, an admission of guilt. If they owe you 460/550 why let them keep it? It is also interesting the offer keeps you overdrawn, just - so to charge you more!!?? They would also have signed documentation stopping you from claiming in the future. Its up to you if you accept thier laughable offer, but one things for sure don't sign that! LBA and then court!

If they owe you 460/550

Think there is crossed wires in here, 460 if they settle before court, 550 if it gets to moneyclaim. Regardless I say their offer is a pittance and shouldn't be accepted - but thats not my call

AAhhh - Chris Watkins, get it now, your refering to both types of interest

I, too, have today received an offer from Mr Udy! They owe me £900 in charges plus at least another £300 in interest they have charged on those charges. I sent a letter claiming my £900 back and got the same old standard letter from Udy stating their charges are fine.....blah blah blah...the OFT have only suggested default fees of £12 are likely to be fair but he disagrees with their analysis and their current fees are both fair and legal....blah blah blah.....goodwill gesture of refunding £345.60 to my account - the difference between the £20 they have charged and the £12 they think is fair!! blah blah bloody blah!!

No way am I accepting this pittance! I want my money back! So I ll be sending Mr Udy a thanks but no thanks letter. Do I send a separate LBA to him too at the same time? Or do I put both LBA and "thanks for your offer but i'm not accepting" in the same letter?

** Progress Report **

Capital One -

D.P.A. request sent R/D 3.7.06

Prelim letter claiming £900 sent R/D on 12.8.06.

Offered £345.60 25.8.06 - not accepting!

LBA sent r/d 1.9.06 = £1,249.51

Cap One refusal to increase offer rec'd 13.9.06

Lloyds TSB

D.P.A. letter sent by R/D 3.8.06

D.P.A. del'vrd 4.8.06 - 40 days=13.9.06

Statements that don't make sense rec'd 29.8.06

Cabot

CCA letter sent by R/D 3.8.06

CCA letter not yet del'vrd as at 15.8.06!!!!

Emailed Royal Mail 14.8.06 & await reply

Bank of Scotland

D.P.A. request sent by R/D 12.8.06

D.P.A. del'd 16.8.06

---------------------------

If you think I've helped please click on my scales - top right.

Guys i sent both letter's off thanks for that

Just to clarify because they made me an offer which i accept as a partial settlement will they credit the account then it will be all closed off. I can then persue the remainder.

Let me know.

Rgrds

As far as I am aware you don't need to do anything now until the 14 days of your LBA are up. They may pay you the offer and then you will need to alter your claim (no expert!) but I believe most banks will withdraw the offer or up it.

I may be wrong - but if it were me I'd keep an eye on your account and prepare for MCOL, and for the lovely 8% interest that becomes applicable at that point.

Let us know how you get on, T

As far as I am aware you don't need to do anything now until the 14 days of your LBA are up. They may pay you the offer and then you will need to alter your claim (no expert!) but I believe most banks will withdraw the offer or up it.

I may be wrong - but if it were me I'd keep an eye on your account and prepare for MCOL, and for the lovely 8% interest that becomes applicable at that point.

Let us know how you get on, T

If there is a contractual interest on the account then you can claim back the interest rate that you were/are being charged, which typically with Capital one can be anything from 18% to the skies limit.

With that in mind the 8% doesn't look so good.