Dog warden £60 charge!

robert_harper_2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Friends dog jumped the fence she had a tag on the dog and before she knew anything she was contacted and toold her dog was in gatwick ( she lives in Brighton ). The warden had found the dog and taken it to gatwick as no kennels in Brighton she was told she has a fine ( I'll get a copy of ticket maybe date of issue or something to fight ) and also she did not have a enough detail on her tag she only! had a telephone number house number and postcode .... she needs a mobile or details of a relative? she will be getting a £5,000 fine if the tag isn't amended?

Is this right can their be an appeal? I would love to help her out and would spend time fighting it if anyone know it is worth a try

Cheers

Help me to help others!

gawd that is awful, I got a fine like that years ago and she never tried to ring me just took the dog to kennels as it was her clocking off time, I must admit I was really angry at the time as she knew where the dog lived and I had already called the police when he jumped the fence.

never heard about this tag thingy, sounds a bit suspicious

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

your friend could try a counterclaim saying there was ample information to return the dog to its house and that you want compensation for the petrol and time involved in collecting the dog. You may be able to get around the fine similarly to parking ones if it is incorrectly filled out.

I hate being negative on this site but unfortunately the dog warden is correct. As a Kennel Club accredited breeder I get regular updates on the law relating to dogs and this is from the latest KC information.

"You are required by law to inscribe the name and address of the owner on the collar or on a plate or disc attached to it. You must comply with this even if it (the dog) is microchipped. You may also want to put your telephone numbers on the tag, but you do not need to put your dogs name on it"

The warden has a duty to take the dog to the nearest place of safety (if that happens to be 60 miles away then so be it - they don't go that far to be difficult). He/she cannot immediately trace the address from a house number and postcode and will not make phonecalls for "security" reasons.

You are wasting your time appealing. Get a new tag and sorry to say this - a fence that the dog can't jump over. It's done it once, it will do it again.

Not very helpful to your friend I know but thats the bottom line

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

Guest Niklowe

As for the Address, couldn't the dog warden have phoned her office, and get someone to use the house number, and postcode, on the Royal mail web site. It takes less than a minute to get the address data.

wow such a response! lol I'll see if she can make an appeal as it's always worth ago. She didn't ask me to find out but was upset at the letter threatening £5,000 she was in my shop very distressed telling me she hadn't £5,000.

Well she will bring the letter around and I'll try and type it all up.

Cheers everyone very much appreciated

Help me to help others!

my dog was microchipped but they didn't even scan him! The fence was round someone else's house so couldn't really forsee it as he had never jumped one before.

They put the dog down don't they if you don't pick it up, that was what I was led to believe and the costs go up daily. Thank God I managed to borrow some money and pick mine up.

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Sorry Robert

Your appeal has no grounds.

The dog was loose in a public place. It's tag did not comply with current law.

I would suggest again - a new tag with the full address on it and a bigger fence!

You will not win an appeal - you might even come away with a control order against the dog and it's owner and that would have terrible consequences as it is then in the domain of the Police

I would suggest that she pays the fine,gets a bigger fence and takes the dog to training school.

Sorry if that isn't what you want to hear but that's it - have a dog, look after it!!!!

Advice given is either my experience or my opinion and is given without liability. If in doubt, consult a qualified professional.

If you PM me for advice I will only reply in your own thread

Never under estimate your ability. I won over £17,000!

For the full story - look here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/NatWest-bank/17630-thecobbettslayer-NatWest.html

How did it comply if it didn't have the street name on? :? Like said above if you have a dog you have to look after it and follow the rules.

NatWest Adv Gold - Settled in FULL

Natwest Student - Settled in FULL

Smile - Settled in FULL

Lloyds TSB -Settled in FULL