style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Reponse from the balififf company

You have been charged for our representive attendance with van following a levy being taken against goods. Our representative has attended the address supplied on the 27.10.10 with a van with the intention of removing goods to satisfy the debt. Upon his attendance to the address supplied our rep has neither been able to gain a response from within the property no could they gain peaceful entry. Our rep has noted that a vehicle was parked which was sighted on his previous visit. He has subsequently levied upon the vehicle have reasonable belief that it belonged to the name debtor. Therefore the enforcement fee of 105 and levy fee of£34 has been raised and applied correctly to your file.as we are able to make charge for a bailiff attendance with a vehicle following a levy made upon your property

Please be advised that the statement of account and screenshot you have requested are considered to be a subject access request under section 7 of the data protection Act 1998 and you shall need to forward a payment of £10.00 before we are able to act upon your request

All our bailiffs are certificated at court and employed to work of newlyn PLC. They work under our instructions and upon work that we give them. We are unwilling to provide the bailiffs name and court details at this time as we believe this request to be vexatious and unnecessary, and his actions are based on instructions given by the office and form part of the our standard. We believe that by taking our bailiffs certificate details you would be looking to issue a form 4 complaint against him as an individual. If you have reason to believe that the bailiffs as an individual has acted incorrectly and not upon our instruction. Please advise

It is simply remarkable the number of times that this identical scenario comes up with this one particular enforcement company !!

Newlyn advertise on their website that they have online access to DVLA so you may want to remind them to use this service to search the number plate of the car.

Once confirmation has been received, you will need to WRITE to the company to ask that the so called "levy" is immediately removed and they all charges associated with this `'levy|are removed.

hey i got one right.:D [private joke]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I owe the sum of £650 an outstanding council tax - A liability order was granted in 16/07/09 but made an arrangement of to clear the balance but now have an outstanding of £290 which has now be passed to bailiff. The bailiffs now want an additional £181.50 . My gripe is that this is the first time i have heard from the bailiffs and how can they justify that sum . A letter which included a formal notice and Notice of distress was put through my letter box. I am now in position to pay off the balance but cannot afford to pay 181.50 . I read some where it details the charges a baliffs can charge. Someone please help.

I am sorry but I had not seen this thread before.

The fees are not right.

The bailiff is entitled to charge a fee of £24.50 for "attending to levy (where no levy was made) ie: where nobody was home at the time of the visit and he can charge a further fee of £18.00 for a second such visit.

HOWEVER..if the bailiff is able to levy upon goods, then he CANNOT charge the above fee and INSTEAD he will be able to charge a LEVY FEE which is calculated as being a percentage of the debt owed. In your case the amount would be around £20.

It is CLEAR that the bailiff company are instead charging you a levy fee AND an "attending to remove fee". An ATR fee cannot be applied UNLESS a PREVIOUS levy had been made on goods.

COMPLAIN.......BY LETTER to the bailiff company AND to the Chief Executive of the local authority and mark your letter as FORMAL COMPLAINT.

When are councils going to learn what is right or wrong with regards to bailiff charges. They seem only interested in what BS these bailiff companies tell them and take is as gospel. Ive had run ins with collect services a few times where Ive written to them and had to correct not only them but the council also because of their incorrect fee charging with regards to NDR, and also had to pull them up on bogus visits, (CCTV in work yard) showed no such visits ;) . But the councils still seem intent to believe the bailiffs even when proved wrong. WHY ????