Wrong interest rate, but solicitor won't claim.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Before I came across this site I signed up with a Claims Management Company for four loans.

One of them was passed to Moon Beever Solicitors and I signed a Conditional Fee Arrangement with them for a Northern Rock loan they said is unenforceable due to an inadequate interest rate clause.

However, Moon Beever have now written to say that a technical point has been raised in defence of similar cases, which provides the Court with discretion as to whether to enforce or not, and Counsel advises that the court is unlikely to exercise discretion in my favour, and thus the ATE has been withdrawn and they cannot therefore issue proceedings.

I've read on CAG that we shouldn't claim anyway, but rather let creditor make a claim and then defend, as defending is easier.

I have attached a copy of the agreement below.

Should I now negotiate with Northern Rock a reduced payment (outstanding balance is over £16k and total unsecured debt is around £70k), or should I wait to see if they ever claim and try to get a better deal at that stage?

Regards

socleirigh

Northern Rock CCA.pdf

Regards

socleirigh

• 2 weeks later...

bumping ...

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Moon Beever solicitors have advised that they have sent the file back to the Claims Management Company (Clear Your Finance) to check whether there may other grounds on which to claim.

I have been trying to contact Clear Yopur Finance daily but always get a "user busy" message. I have even phoned at 11.00pm and still get the same message. I am starting to think that they no longer exist and I have lost £900 having three agreements audited by them last year.

I still haven't heard from Northern Rock since the solicitor withdrew the claim, but expect that I will hear from them soon.

Regards

socleirigh

Regards

socleirigh

The website for clear your finance doesn't seem to be working (if we are talking about the same one).

Perhaps contact trading standards and ask them to confirm the company's current status?

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Hi davey77

the website was working as recently as last week, as I had to check I was dialling the correct number, but you-re right its not working now, which adds more weight to my thoughts that they no longer exist.

I will contact trading standards as you suggest to see if they are still trading. Thanks for this idea.

Regards

socleirigh

Regards

socleirigh