EON - not listening

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

For five years have had a miserable relationship with Eon. In that time not one accurate bill, payments lost, threats and actual visit to disconnect electricity, a gas meter which two years after it was put in was still registered to someone else and PASSWORDED - reads could not be taken - charged as metric when we were imperial and vice versa. To cap it all our dual fuel account (combined charges) was renamed electricity only and ANOTHER gas account was added on top and several times the account has been completely recalculated but instead of cancelling off the cancelled charges THEY ADDED THEM ON. The way Eon behaves is unbelievable so stuck in a mindset they are not capable of listening or looking further that a computer screen. Above is only a fraction of what has occurred. Went to Energywatch - they could see problems - passed to Ombudsman - who told us to pay!!! Got Subject Accesses from Eon and Ombudsman, Eon had sent details to them which were not ours. Ombudsman won't help - can't change their decision - about to go to court. WE DON'T OWE EON THEY OWE US. Anyone been in this situation - HELP.

know what you mean nomadx. In our case Eon is guilty of serious maladministration and we have been bullied to the extent that I became nervous to leave my teenage children alone in the house for fear that they would have to deal with someone at the door as I have had to do.

I'm about to start a particulars of claim, got some good advice from the small claims procedure - a practical guide book which is sold on this site. It states that if you do a really good letter of intent to Eon setting out clearly what the problem is you can use this as your particular of claim.

I know we don't owe Eon any money so that gives me confidence. What Eon is doing is recharging us for cancelled units. We are not even current customers of theirs!!!

Something that might help you is: when the harrassment got too bad for us, someone told me to write to Eon saying "you have every right and are perfectly entitled to take us to court if you feel we owe you money, but you have no right and are not entitled to harrass us ever" I sent it to their legal department. It worked! Eon completely changed their tune after that. I don't know your circumstances but actually I think this would apply regardless of whether money is owed or not. No-one has the right to harrass!! Regarding recovery letters I just keep them especially the outside debt collectors. Eon denies that it is possible that an outside collector would be used unless the customer had left them. This is not true. I've kept every piece of paper ever sent to me so I've got a good overview of what's going on. All Eon do is look at isolated screens. It's like talking to a brick wall.

with regard to the oustide debt collectors... live accounts, where your supply is with eon are now dealt with firstly by Buchannan, Clarke and Wells, if they cannot resolve an outstanding debt, this will be passed back to EON, who will visit the property on a pre-disconnection visit. If your area is not covered by EON's own field agent debt recovery team, an outside company representing EON will be used, typically the reps used are PDP, Power to Contact, UMS and Grosvenor, there may be one or two others in some areas.

If the Ombudsman have ruled that your debt is valid, then perhaps EONs claims are justified? without looking too far into your situation, cancelled charges are shown on a bill when your account is re-billed folloing an over-estimated reading for instance.

Your dual fuel account will have been split between gas and electricity when your account reached the pre-disconnection or warrant stage, which explains why all of a sudden you started receiving seperate bills for each utility

Hi nottslad

the problem we have is that we were billed amended 35 times over 4 and a half years, the meter reads were all wrong amongst other things. Three times all prior charges were cancelled and recalculated. After this we were chased by two parties for differing sums of money at the same time, Eon and UDS for non payment ever toward electricity. We paid excessively high payments each month in a dual fuel payment. By going through the bills I could see from the meter reads that UDS were chasing for the units which should have been cancelled and Eon were chasing for the amended meter reads. The thing is that payments had not been applied to either and the amended account (chased for by Eon) was completely inaccurate. They had recalculated but referred to the dual fuel account (gas and electricity) as being an electricity only account and added on a completely new gas account (later to be found not to have been ours). An overview of the balances brought forward and the amounts due requested support. As for the Ombudsman: I made a complaint because payments were not being made to electricity causing action against us. Day after Ombudsman took the case someone came to disconnect we had to up our monthly payments to keep electricity. Eon moved what appeared to be payments between the electricity and gas accounts which you rightly say had been separated (later found not to be payments but debt). The electricity account (which the Ombudsman was investigating) now appeared to have payments in it but Eon had left the gas account (which the ombusdman was not investigating) without any money at all. Don't forget the "electricity only" account is really a dual fuel account. I know how crazy this all sounds but consider this. Prior to Eon we paid £40 gas £40 electricity a month. Since leaving Eon we pay £40 electricity and £40 gas a month (we are about £1 in credit after a bill). Whilst with Eon we paid £127.20 a month for both gas and electricity which had to be raised to £135.00 per month to keep the electricity on and Eon are firmly standing by their case that these payments were not sufficient to cover total costs of electricity hence they say we owe them £500. As for gas, they state that no money was paid to gas (£2500) because we were not paying enough to cover electricity. Eon have got it into their head that we heat a swimming pool in the garden!!!! We don't have a swimming pool. Their consumption department did their checks and found that our usage and the cost did not equate. Sorry to be so long winded. If I went into the wrong meter serial numbers both gas and electricity and the charging wrongly for gas I'd be here for a day. I'm very conscious that unless I present this briefly and concisely in court i'll lose so I'm going to court to ask that Eon be required to calculate an accurate bill based on our accurate reads and that they be required to apply our payments. I know if I can manage this, Eon will have to pay us back the money they owe us.